Walmart Closing 269 Stores Worldwide

kygirl

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. announced Friday it plans to close 269 stores worldwide, including 154 locations in the United States. In a statement, the company said the move came after a review that took into account a “number of factors, including financial performance as well as strategic alignment with long-term plans.”

Wal-Mart Stores Inc. Closing 269 Stores Worldwide, Including 154 In US

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They have 2,200,000 employees. With as many Wal-Mart locations as there are, hopefully the good workers will be relocated.

I'd be curious to see the locations being closed. Part of my brain says they will be close to other WMs vs being rural.

269 total store closing worldwide: 102 of which are their Walmart Express locations here in the U.S., 115 international locations, 23 Neighborhood Markets, 12 supercenters, 7 stores in Puerto Rico, 6 discount centers, and 4 SAM's Clubs

They will be opening over 300 new locations in fiscal year 2016...

Union related? Keep reading stories about employees trying to organize and WM closing shop to avoid it.

Would not surprise me although if 95% are within 10 miles of other stores you would think both stores would be affected instead of just one.

I'd be curious to see the locations being closed. Part of my brain says they will be close to other WMs vs being rural.

Click on the underlined word "statement" in the main article and it will show you the list of stores. None in KY, boat load in NC.