Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Calvin Johnson To......

Featured Replies

  • Author
Contract negotiation tactic?

 

He's not a free agent, so I don't think so...

Another Barry Sanders that would rather retire than continue playing for Detroit.

I just heard one of the NFL insiders saying that he would have to take a pay cut to stay in Detroit...that he will have to renegotiate to stay there because his contract is so cap unfriendly. If I was him, I would just say no and wait for Detroit to cut him. Then go to NE and have Brady throwing to him.

I just heard one of the NFL insiders saying that he would have to take a pay cut to stay in Detroit...that he will have to renegotiate to stay there because his contract is so cap unfriendly. If I was him, I would just say no and wait for Detroit to cut him. Then go to NE and have Brady throwing to him.

 

Or Green Bay.

I saw a tweet today that I found interesting. The Lions have six more wins than the Raiders since they chose Johnson over Jamarcus. I know both have been bad during that stretch but figured the were better than +6.

I don't think he'll retire. He would still be the best receiver in the game if he had a QB and a coach.

 

The problem is that the Lions owe him $20 million next season and there's no way they are going to pay that.

Calvin Johnson to New England Please!!!! Bill, I know you don't like to spend top $ on players, but WR has got to be a priority!!!

I saw a tweet today that I found interesting. The Lions have six more wins than the Raiders since they chose Johnson over Jamarcus. I know both have been bad during that stretch but figured the were better than +6.

 

That is interesting, especially considering they've made the playoffs a couple times. They also put up an "ohfer" one season so that doesn't help.

Megatron is 30, so 4-6 more good years.

 

Brady is 38 - Granted he still looks good, but remember Peyton put up MVP numbers as a 37 and 38 year old. Now at 39 he looks done.

 

Rogers is 32 - He'll be around for a while, but that's a darn cold place to play for a guy from Newnan, Ga.

 

Newton is 26 - He's about to reach his full potential as a QB, the Panthers are Super Bowl caliber right now, and Carolina is close to home.

 

Manning, E. is 35 - He should have 4 good years left. If you like the big stage, it's the place to be.

 

Andy Dalton is 28 - Is Megatron the piece that puts them at the top?

Megatron is 30, so 4-6 more good years.

 

Brady is 38 - Granted he still looks good, but remember Peyton put up MVP numbers as a 37 and 38 year old. Now at 39 he looks done.

 

Rogers is 32 - He'll be around for a while, but that's a darn cold place to play for a guy from Newnan, Ga.

 

Newton is 26 - He's about to reach his full potential as a QB, the Panthers are Super Bowl caliber right now, and Carolina is close to home.

 

Manning, E. is 35 - He should have 4 good years left. If you like the big stage, it's the place to be.

 

Andy Dalton is 28 - Is Megatron the piece that puts them at the top?

 

Jameis Winston is 22 - Mike Evans, Vincent Jackson and Megatron plus Doug Martin. Wow.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.