Ohio State 44 Notre Dame 28

futurecoach

Agree. Love my Irish but they were just outmatched. Would love to see them play next year with both teams at full strength. Not taking anything away from OSU, they were clearly the better team today.

Both teams were without starters.

I think if they both would have been at full strength, the score would have been more closer to my prediction.

I don't often give N.D. props, so take this as you will. They played are and with class today and even with their slow start, they never quit.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if they both would have been at full strength, the score would have been more closer to my prediction.

I don't often give N.D. props, so take this as you will. They played are and with class today and even with their slow start, they never quit.

I appreciate the props.

Mike Weber and Curtis Samuel will split carries. Thunder and lightning.
I think it depends on what Ohio State has returning at receiver, if Thomas and Marshall leave (which I doubt Marshall will) then I think we'll see Weber at the full time running back because Samuel will be playing the slot reciever position. But people talk about the running backs Saban has had at Alabama, Urban Meyer has had some great ones at Ohio State: Boom, Hyde, and Zeke. I'm more than confident someone will step right into his shoes and be another great running back.

I think if both teams were at full strength, the score would have been pretty much the same as it was today. But I agree completely about the bolded. I was very impressed with the class ND showed the whole game. That is a very good team and Brian Kelly runs a first class program. Fans of ND should be very excited about the future of their program. They are in really good hands.

I think it depends on what Ohio State has returning at receiver' date=' if Thomas and Marshall leave (which I doubt Marshall will) then I think we'll see Weber at the full time running back because Samuel will be playing the slot reciever position. But people talk about the running backs Saban has had at Alabama, Urban Meyer has had some great ones at Ohio State: Boom, Hyde, and Zeke. I'm more than confident someone will step right into his shoes and be another great running back.[/quote']

Receiver will be better than people think. KJ Hill, Noah Brown and Torrence Gibson will play next year. You have Clark and McLaurin who will get a look and Bin Victor or Austin Mack could play. They want Paris Campbell in the slot but we will see.

[/b]

I don't disagree...but OSU lost that liberty when they tanked against sparty!

Go Clemson Tigers... :lol2:

I am an OSU Football fan and I agree with you on OSU probably/ possibly being the best team ..... as you said, the Bucks have no right to complain, cry about it. OSU lost tat game .... wasn't taken, no excuses. End of story.

Today the Bucks came to play, just as in the Michigan game they left no doubt. Should those efforts had been the case all season then there would be a different championship game that would include OSU. That's not the case and both Clemson and Alabama deserve to be there, no question about it.

As for OSU, I look for Meyer to make several coaching, personel/responsibility changes on his coaching staff (has already made a huge addition). I believe that Urban feels that that have legit shot at NC #9 in 2016/17 season. As a fan, I hope so.

Meyers win put him at 50 wins in his four seasons at OSU. That's in some very rare company.

Looking forward to the Bama / Clemson championship game and GO BUCKS ... 2016 / 17.

I am an OSU Football fan and I agree with you on OSU probably/ possibly being the best team ..... as you said, the Bucks have no right to complain, cry about it. OSU lost tat game .... wasn't taken, no excuses. End of story.

I don't think it's the fact they lost the Michigan State game as it is for about 10 games they didn't play remotely close to their potential. Had they rolled through the season (sans MSU) like they were capable, I think they would have gotten the nod over OU. Combination of too much pressure and Meyer trying to show us he was smarter than everyone else by playing Cardelle.

2016 Ohio State Buckeyes Football Schedule

Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets

Saturday

Apr. 16 Buckeyes Spring Football Game

Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH TBA ---

Saturday

Sep. 3 Falcons Bowling Green Falcons

Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH TBA Buy

Tickets

Saturday

Sep. 10 Hurricanes Tulsa Golden Hurricane

Tickets

Saturday

Sep. 17 Sooners at Oklahoma Sooners

Gaylord Family OK Mem. Stadium, Norman, OK TBA ---

Saturday

Sep. 24 --- Open Date --- ---

Saturday

Oct. 1 Scarlet Knights Rutgers Scarlet Knights

Tickets

Saturday

Oct. 8 Hoosiers Indiana Hoosiers

Tickets

Saturday

Oct. 15 Badgers at Wisconsin Badgers

Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI TBA Buy

Tickets

Saturday

Oct. 22 Nittany Lions at Penn State Nittany Lions

Beaver Stadium, University Park, PA TBA Buy

Tickets

Saturday

Oct. 29 Wildcats Northwestern Wildcats

Tickets

Saturday

Nov. 5 Cornhuskers Nebraska Cornhuskers

Tickets

Saturday

Nov. 12 Terrapins at Maryland Terrapins

Maryland Stadium, College Park, MD TBA Buy

Tickets

Saturday

Nov. 19 Spartans at Michigan State Spartans

Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, MI TBA Buy

Tickets

Saturday

Nov. 26 Wolverines Michigan Wolverines

Tickets

Saturday

Dec. 3 Big Ten Big Ten Championship Game

Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN TBA ---

It was correct, too many mouths to feed and a bad hire in Tim Beck/losing Tom Herman caused dysfunction.

To me, it just took longer for Beck and Urban to figure out what they wanted to do. Sometimes you can have too many options and it takes awhile to figure out what will be your "core" for the season. No matter who the OC is under UM the offense is essentially the same from year to year, OC to OC, make no mistake it is Urban's offense no matter who has the title of OC.

Urban's offense has been something that teams have not been able to handle since his first HC job at BG. No reason to have an OC come in and change things up, if it ain't broke don't fix it!!!