December 29, 201510 yr The Bengals have made a lot of good decisions over the last 5 years in regards to players. However the one decision they screwed up on was when they decided to keep Nugent instead of Josh Brown. Which Josh Brown is the guy who kicked the game winning field goal against the Steelers to put the Bengals in the playoffs three years ago.
December 29, 201510 yr The Bengals have made a lot of good decisions over the last 5 years in regards to players. However the one decision they screwed up on was when they decided to keep Nugent instead of Josh Brown. Which Josh Brown is the guy who kicked the game winning field goal against the Steelers to put the Bengals in the playoffs three years ago. Could be the best post you've ever had FC... Couldn't agree more!
December 29, 201510 yr I love how Nugent said after the game that he didn't think his missed field goal switched the momentum... His quote, "I don't think so, we still had a 14-3 lead at halftime". Hey knuckle head!... Big difference between getting the ball to start second half down 17-0 versus down 14-3... He's a joke!
December 29, 201510 yr I am coming in late but here are my issues with the Bengals last night. - AJ Green not climbing the latter on that bomb, snatching it like other Pro Bowl receivers do. Also quitting on the play and not finishing his route for a laydown TD. - Huber's inability to keep the ball out of the endzone for TB's - Nugent crusing our momentum with his lazy attempt at a FG, he pushed it because he simply got lazy. - Our Cornerbacks were ti$$yfighting all night long with Bronco Recievers. They couldnt get off blocks and huge gains were had including CJ Anderson's long TD run. - Hugh's conservative play calling in 2nd half- awful - Marvin Lewis' inability to put the pedal to the metal and bury teams. Always gets outcoached. - Pacman was not himself last night, clearly evident in his effort to get off blocks and stay with Thomas. Positives - AJ McCarron's pinpoint accuracy all through the game. He was throwing lasers and the WR's were doing a good job of catching them. - Fill in TE Kroth....kid made some big plays in a big game with little experience. - Aggressive play calling and attacking in 1st half by offense. - Carlos Dunlap played like a Pro Bowler- had a few sacks and was pressuring all night. - Reggie Kelly blew up Owen Daniels saving the Bengals bacon, huge hit. "Jacked Up" - AJ McCarron gets to go home and lay next to this every night....... I will leave this right here.
December 29, 201510 yr Only read through about half before posting. If some of these things have been said that is why. >>The big turning point in the gam was the missed field goal. Go into half 14-10 instead of at least 17-3. >> Once the Broncos went to mostly zone, McCarron did not pre-read the coverage, probably because they gave him looks they haven't given all year. He is outstanding in man to man throwing and reading. Once they starting zoning and blitzing, he did not adjust. The line didn't either. Not sure if it McCarron not getting them into the right play or the line not helping or both. I will say McCarron played very very well until they went to the zone and upped the pressure. >> They ran the ball on first down all game a lot. They got predictable. >>The defense just got gassed in the altitude the last half and OT. Always a big deal in Denver. >>I really feel we can beat them if we play them again in Denver if we have AD. There is still a lot more of the play book with him playing. I don't think AD could have thrown better than AJ the first half, he was that good. However, thereafter in the game is where they missed Dalton. I really am not as disappointed as some I have read. Denver took advantage of a team that could not adjust due to the QB and the Bengals didn't confuse their young QB. I hope the Jets win because I think we have a better chance against them than the Steelers. It won't be easy at all, though. Looks like AD won't play until Round 2 if they make it that far.
December 29, 201510 yr Umm...Neither. I'm laughing at the prospects of them having to use Keith Wenning in the postseason if McCarron is out. They will play a 70% AD over Wenning.
December 29, 201510 yr Just read the thread. I watched the whole game and did not think the Bengals are as bad as this thread makes them out to be. You would think they lost 35-0 based on this thread. First, people seem to expect NFL QB's to be great immediately. For his second NFL start, I thought AJ played very well. They were playing one of the very best NFL defenses in the NFL in a hostile arena and he made many very good throws, threw no picks and made some bad decisions like EVERY other young, inexperienced QB does. He certainly looked calm out there to me and you can tell the players respect him. Who knows why he dropped the last snap? Maybe he is human? I don't think he choked at all though. I am not a huge Nugent fan but people act like he missed a 22 yarder. He missed a 45 yarder by less than a foot and he is called lazy and a choker. Has anyone mentioned he also made a HUGE 50+ yarder in the 4th quarter to tie the game? AJ Green did slow down on the one deep ball...have no idea why but he did. The offensive line has been the most overrated line in the league IMO. They simply do not run block well for the most part. I think the defense just got tired in the second half, in large part due to the thin air in Denver. Also, having to manage the snaps of your best defensive player due to the sickle cell thing was a big deal IMO. The NFL is so funny. If two more plays go the Bengals way, we are calling the Bengals road warriors and this year is different and AJ is maybe better than AD, blah, blah, blah. But since they did not, the Bengals are chokers, AJ stinks and Nugent is the worst kicker ever...:lol2::lol2:
December 29, 201510 yr Oh, and people saying Gruden was partial to Denver...totally not buying it. He praised the Bengals A LOT in the first half when they were dominating...and praised the Broncos a lot in the second half when they were dominating...totally fair IMO.
December 29, 201510 yr Just read the thread. I watched the whole game and did not think the Bengals are as bad as this thread makes them out to be. You would think they lost 35-0 based on this thread. First, people seem to expect NFL QB's to be great immediately. For his second NFL start, I thought AJ played very well. They were playing one of the very best NFL defenses in the NFL in a hostile arena and he made many very good throws, threw no picks and made some bad decisions like EVERY other young, inexperienced QB does. He certainly looked calm out there to me and you can tell the players respect him. Who knows why he dropped the last snap? Maybe he is human? I don't think he choked at all though. I am not a huge Nugent fan but people act like he missed a 22 yarder. He missed a 45 yarder by less than a foot and he is called lazy and a choker. Has anyone mentioned he also made a HUGE 50+ yarder in the 4th quarter to tie the game? AJ Green did slow down on the one deep ball...have no idea why but he did. The offensive line has been the most overrated line in the league IMO. They simply do not run block well for the most part. I think the defense just got tired in the second half, in large part due to the thin air in Denver. Also, having to manage the snaps of your best defensive player due to the sickle cell thing was a big deal IMO. The NFL is so funny. If two more plays go the Bengals way, we are calling the Bengals road warriors and this year is different and AJ is maybe better than AD, blah, blah, blah. But since they did not, the Bengals are chokers, AJ stinks and Nugent is the worst kicker ever...:lol2::lol2: No one with any common sense would say AJ is better than AD no matter what the outcome was yesterday... AD was having a MVP caliber year.
December 29, 201510 yr No one with any common sense would say AJ is better than AD no matter what the outcome was yesterday... AD was having a MVP caliber year. Does this mean everyone agrees Andy is very good QB and they won't boo him at softball games any more?
December 29, 201510 yr Does this mean everyone agrees Andy is very good QB and they won't boo him at softball games any more? I said anyone with common sense.. Fans that booed AD don't qualify..
December 30, 201510 yr Here are my thoughts on the AJ versus AD talk. I think AJ did as well as he could have with the game plan he was given. I don't think AD could have done better with the same game plan. BUT that wasn't the game plan AD would have gotten. AD at this point has the whole playbook at his disposal. I would say the playbook AJ has is about 30% of what AD has.
December 30, 201510 yr Hesi-Tate had 4 punt returns for 8 yards. I know you cannot put a beat-up Adam Jones back there because you cannot afford to lose him but there has to be someone on a roster somewhere that can do better than that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.