December 30, 201510 yr Hesi-Tate had 4 punt returns for 8 yards. I know you cannot put a beat-up Adam Jones back there because you cannot afford to lose him but there has to be someone on a roster somewhere that can do better than that. If Pac-Man can't return punts, I want Gio back there.
December 30, 201510 yr Add: Guenther--Went passive in 2nd half, Who-Deys's prevent D, only prevents wins! Defense was out of gas in the third quarter, not much he could do.
December 30, 201510 yr Only read through about half before posting. If some of these things have been said that is why. >>The big turning point in the gam was the missed field goal. Go into half 14-10 instead of at least 17-3. >> Once the Broncos went to mostly zone, McCarron did not pre-read the coverage, probably because they gave him looks they haven't given all year. He is outstanding in man to man throwing and reading. Once they starting zoning and blitzing, he did not adjust. The line didn't either. Not sure if it McCarron not getting them into the right play or the line not helping or both. I will say McCarron played very very well until they went to the zone and upped the pressure. >> They ran the ball on first down all game a lot. They got predictable. >>The defense just got gassed in the altitude the last half and OT. Always a big deal in Denver. >>I really feel we can beat them if we play them again in Denver if we have AD. There is still a lot more of the play book with him playing. I don't think AD could have thrown better than AJ the first half, he was that good. However, thereafter in the game is where they missed Dalton. I really am not as disappointed as some I have read. Denver took advantage of a team that could not adjust due to the QB and the Bengals didn't confuse their young QB. I hope the Jets win because I think we have a better chance against them than the Steelers. It won't be easy at all, though. Looks like AD won't play until Round 2 if they make it that far. I pretty much agree with everything you said. Only thing I disagree with is McCarron adjusting to the zone. The game plan in the second half made it very hard for him to get a chance to adjust. They got very conservative and had a few penalties that put them in long situations. Which allowed the Broncos to know on third and long what is coming and allowed the beat pass rush to in the NFL to get going. Obviously the coaches know more than any of us. However I have to assume McCarron knows more of the playbook than they are letting him do. So also after watching Marvin for 13 years I know he loves to play it.conservative and not take chances. So imo this next game before the playoffs they need to open it up and trust McCarron and see what he can do. Win or lose most likely McCarron is playing the first playoff game so they need to allow him a chance to prove if he can or not get it done with a more open playbook like they did in the first half. Imo he shown he can make every throw so now just have to trust him.
December 30, 201510 yr I pretty much agree with everything you said. Only thing I disagree with is McCarron adjusting to the zone. The game plan in the second half made it very hard for him to get a chance to adjust. They got very conservative and had a few penalties that put them in long situations. Which allowed the Broncos to know on third and long what is coming and allowed the beat pass rush to in the NFL to get going. Obviously the coaches know more than any of us. However I have to assume McCarron knows more of the playbook than they are letting him do. So also after watching Marvin for 13 years I know he loves to play it.conservative and not take chances. So imo this next game before the playoffs they need to open it up and trust McCarron and see what he can do. Win or lose most likely McCarron is playing the first playoff game so they need to allow him a chance to prove if he can or not get it done with a more open playbook like they did in the first half. Imo he shown he can make every throw so now just have to trust him. I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not AJ knows all the plays in the playbook and could run them if called upon to do so. But it's that fact that AD has mastered the play book. He knows which defender to look at on every single play. He is able to dissect defenses at the line of scrimmage and change plays to suit what he is seeing. At this point this offense is as much Andy Daltons as it is Hue Jacksons. The plays that AJ has mastered is around 30% I would say at this point. But this percentage grows exponentially every week. But there is a big difference between simply knowing a play as opposed to having a play mastered.
December 30, 201510 yr I don't think anyone is questioning whether or not AJ knows all the plays in the playbook and could run them if called upon to do so. But it's that fact that AD has mastered the play book. He knows which defender to look at on every single play. He is able to dissect defenses at the line of scrimmage and change plays to suit what he is seeing. At this point this offense is as much Andy Daltons as it is Hue Jacksons. The plays that AJ has mastered is around 30% I would say at this point. But this percentage grows exponentially every week. But there is a big difference between simply knowing a play as opposed to having a play mastered. I don't disagree and let me first say I would take Dalton at this moment over McCarron in a heart beat for most of the reasons you said. He has the experience, and obvioulsly Marvin is much more comfortable to allow him to control more of the offense than McCarron. However that is the point I am trying to make. We see other team who allow their backup's, especially the good teams allow their backups to come in and still try to keep thing going the same way. My point is that I would like to see them trust McCarron more and open up the playbook more. They did that in the first half and got a lead, and then seemed to go back to a conservative mindset after that. McCarron could possibly go out there and lose the game if they open it up more, however I think that is the chance they need to be willing to make. He has shown he can make all the throws and in all honesty he probably has had more WOW throws than Dalton has had his whole time as QB. Dalton doesnt make many wow throws, but does a good job especially this year at finding and hitting the open guy. So I think they should take a chance and see this week if they can open it up more. If McCarron is going to start in the playoff, they have to lose the conservative mindset they have with him right now. IMO they have to take the chance and hope he can get it done if they open it up more for him. I think he would get it done, but I could be completely wrong. I just think it is a chance they have to take if they want to win in the playoffs and get to a point where Dalton can eventually come back.
December 30, 201510 yr I will make this simple. Will the Bengals be able to open up the playbook and give McCarron as much control as Dalton had? No. Can the Bengal open up the playbook a lot more and be a lot less conservative than they have been? Yes and that is what I would like to see them do.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.