Courier Journal All State list, finally

jericho

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I will say it again he is a top 3 RB in the state. Morehead has offered, Has preferred walk on to UK, and will have more offers here soon. The comment about the other two 1000 yards rushers was made to say that his numbers would have been even better if he didn't have to share the ball as much. The only other RB that I think deserves to be 1st team is Pugh. Ask anybody who has seen the kid live and in person he definitely deserves to be 1st team.

You could say the numbers of each one of those backs would be better if they didn't have to share carries. What makes Holbrook better than the other two backs on his own team?

I will say it again he is a top 3 RB in the state. Morehead has offered, Has preferred walk on to UK, and will have more offers here soon. The comment about the other two 1000 yards rushers was made to say that his numbers would have been even better if he didn't have to share the ball as much. The only other RB that I think deserves to be 1st team is Pugh. Ask anybody who has seen the kid live and in person he definitely deserves to be 1st team.

And I will say again, with all due respect, I'm sure he is a very good back. But he is NOT a top 3. He was in an offense that was almost solely rush (448 yards passing all year), so it stands to reason his numbers will look good. If you look at his teammates and their numbers, they had higher yards per carry than he did. So they did more with less. Doesn't that make them better, in some respects?

I don't want to take away from his accomplishments. I'm sure he's a fine player. But a point to make:

Morehead doesn't give athletic scholarships. He may have an offer to join the team and promise of financial aid assistance based on his academic achievements, but not an athletic scholly.

LB Austin McElwain, South Warren

Not much argument from me... tough ball player

LB list is pretty solid... you might could move McElwain and Gooch for other names, but also hard to take much exception. Two very good football players.

And I will say again, with all due respect, I'm sure he is a very good back. But he is NOT a top 3. He was in an offense that was almost solely rush (448 yards passing all year), so it stands to reason his numbers will look good. If you look at his teammates and their numbers, they had higher yards per carry than he did. So they did more with less. Doesn't that make them better, in some respects?

I don't want to take away from his accomplishments. I'm sure he's a fine player. But a point to make:

Morehead doesn't give athletic scholarships. He may have an offer to join the team and promise of financial aid assistance based on his academic achievements, but not an athletic scholly.

Have you ever watched him play? Can't say whether he is top 3 back in the state or not haven't seen them all play. He is an exceptional back, he has all the tools, speed, quickness and durability he is pretty good. Again I never want to take away from any other players accomplishments but the kid can play!

@Jason Frakes

I actually like this format of releasing one name at a time. Makes it fun and you know the kids are all sweating it out. The individual "pods" are a nice touch.

One simple suggestion I would make moving forward is to add a link to each player's Hudl page in their pod so people (more notable College Scouts) can easily watch their highlights.

Have you seen Humfleet, Alstatt, Pugh, Xondre Willis, Corey Smith, the Slusher kid from Beechwood or even the Stringer kid pre-injury from Beechwood? I've seen all of them or seen film. I've also seen film on many of the others whose names have been thrown around, and Holbrooks would have to be REALLY special to jump ahead of many of them.

I really really don't want to keep harping on it. Congrats to the kid, I'm just very surprised he was chosen 1st team. He was honorable mention last year with similar numbers so I'm just having a hard time figuring out what he did so exceptionally to allow him to jump a lot of really good producers

Have you seen Humfleet, Alstatt, Pugh, Xondre Willis, Corey Smith, the Slusher kid from Beechwood or even the Stringer kid pre-injury from Beechwood? I've seen all of them or seen film. I've also seen film on many of the others whose names have been thrown around, and Holbrooks would have to be REALLY special to jump ahead of many of them.

I really really don't want to keep harping on it. Congrats to the kid, I'm just very surprised he was chosen 1st team. He was honorable mention last year with similar numbers so I'm just having a hard time figuring out what he did so exceptionally to allow him to jump a lot of really good producers

No I haven't but I am not the one criticizing a kids selection to a team.

Do me a favor and watch his highlights he deserves to be 1st team. Anyone who has seen him play knows he was the best of the three backs and they fed off him because defenses focused on him.

Logan Holbrook - Hudl

No I haven't but I am not the one criticizing a kids selection to a team.

I said I'm sure he's a fine player, you said he's a top 3 back definitively, I disagreed. I'm not criticizing his selection to all state, just saying I don't see the numbers that make him 1st team over many other very good backs. I'm going to go watch his highlights now