Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Gametime, just so I'm clear, are you and IAmAFan just playing Devil's Advocate or do you really not think LaRue stinks?

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My reason for playing Ross is because Larue is...well..."He's a pedantic, pontificating, pretentious (illegitimate child), a belligerent old fart, a worthless steaming pile of cow dung, figuratively speaking."

 

 

Name that movie...

I seem to recall someone on here thinking it was a bad idea to go with Ross every day... :sssh:

 

.204 is higher than .184. People are well aware you thought Ross would cool off. His biggest slump is still better than what Larue gave the team. Remeber August wasn't that great of a month for Larue either. I think most of us agree we don't care who catches if it helps the team win.

Gametime, just so I'm clear, are you and IAmAFan just playing Devil's Advocate or do you really not think LaRue stinks?

A little of both. When LaRue was getting hammered on here for playing two or three times a week, I simply said that if you play Ross every day there is a great risk he turns into David Ross circa 2004 when he hit .170 for the season. I stand firm that I like Cowboy behind the plate better than Ross on defense. I guess what it all comes down to, is that Ross and LaRue were similar players, and the platoon seemed to work alright. Now we have two "LaRue's" at the plate swinging, and the one that isn't as good on D is getting almost all of the PT. Maybe the answer would have been more starts for Javy over the last 6 weeks in non Harang games where Ross needed to sit...

.204 is higher than .184. People are well aware you thought Ross would cool off. His biggest slump is still better than what Larue gave the team. Remeber August wasn't that great of a month for Larue either. I think most of us agree we don't care who catches if it helps the team win.

I don't know if you've missed it, but since they went to Ross on every starter but Harang, there have not been many wins...

A little of both. When LaRue was getting hammered on here for playing two or three times a week, I simply said that if you play Ross every day there is a great risk he turns into David Ross circa 2004 when he hit .170 for the season. I stand firm that I like Cowboy behind the plate better than Ross on defense. I guess what it all comes down to, is that Ross and LaRue were similar players, and the platoon seemed to work alright. Now we have two "LaRue's" at the plate swinging, and the one that isn't as good on D is getting almost all of the PT. Maybe the answer would have been more starts for Javy over the last 6 weeks in non Harang games where Ross needed to sit...

 

In all seriousness, if they're going to return to the back of their baseball cards (which they usually do) I'd rather have Larue behind the plate...minus the attitude.

 

FYI, Larue .238 career and Ross .233 career.

Another bold prediction for me. IF the Reds win 2 of the next 3, we will see Homer for at most 5 innings on Saturday or Sunday...

Another bold prediction for me. IF the Reds win 2 of the next 3, we will see Homer for at most 5 innings on Saturday or Sunday...

 

I hope you're wrong, as usual...

I hope you're wrong, as usual...

Enjoy Machalak and Sunny in the Windy City...

Another bold prediction for me. IF the Reds win 2 of the next 3, we will see Homer for at most 5 innings on Saturday or Sunday...

So,,,,are you predicting or jinxing?

Enjoy Machalak and Sunny in the Windy City...

I'd much rather have Bailey for a long time than the Wild Card this year...

So,,,,are you predicting or jinxing?

Might be both in this one. It sounded like Wayne was torn on moving him up when he visited Chattanooga, and said he would pitch through the playoffs and then reevaluate. The Lookouts lost in the 1st round and Homer only got one additional start. If Milton is done, I think we will see him for a start or two as long as this team is still in the race (max 5 innings and strict pitch count). If they drop these next two, it doesn't matter anyway...

I'd much rather have Bailey for a long time than the Wild Card this year...

If the guy isn't tough enough to make one start against the wost team in the NL, he might never be ready. They aren't bringing him up as the savior, it would be because he's the best option to win left...

If the guy isn't tough enough to make one start against the wost team in the NL, he might never be ready. They aren't bringing him up as the savior, it would be because he's the best option to win left...

 

Maybe, I'm still leaning towards no though...

I don't know if you've missed it, but since they went to Ross on every starter but Harang, there have not been many wins...
When you have a 3-10 stretch, hit below .150 with RISP and get into the bullpen, every game in the 4th-5th inning....not many wins will happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.