Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

They're just about ready to get hot...

So does a star before the supernova.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Since it's a blowout, can I start rooting for Peavy on my Fantasy team that is fighting LRCW in the semis??? :D

 

 

Man, did we both have monster nights last night or what?

When you have a 3-10 stretch, hit below .150 with RISP and get into the bullpen, every game in the 4th-5th inning....not many wins will happen.

 

And the pitching wasn't horrible during that stretch.

And the pitching wasn't horrible during that stretch.
True but over the course of the season, starting quality pitching and closing, have been glaring weaknesses for the Reds.

 

There will be stretches/streaks, where a team hits well, no pitching....pitching and no hitting....and that is why they're a .500 club at best, with the group of starters they have used and some of the every day players need to go, if they truly want to contend in the NL.

As a whole? No, they aren't...

 

 

Or they realize that they had a chance to compete for the playoffs, but traded two 26 year old position players for two middle relief bullpen guys who haven't helped do anything this year except lose games. And now they can't score runs like they did earlier in the year, and they look like they need more pieces this offseason than they did at the all star break. Maybe they think they won't get the same production out of Ross, Aurilia, Hatteberg, and even though it's less likely Phillips next year as they did this year. Maybe these same fans think the NL has to improve next year, and that the Reds were pretty fortunate that none of their starting pitchers got injured until this week. Basically maybe they're tired of competing for a playoff spot once every 6-8 years and they saw a chance to compete this year, but their club decided to trade for guys that may or may not help next year. It's just a possibility though.

Or they realize that they had a chance to compete for the playoffs, but traded two 26 year old position players for two middle relief bullpen guys whao haven't helped do anything this year except lose games. And now they can't score runs like they did earlier in the year, and they look like they need more pieces this offseason than they did at the all star break. Maybe they think they won't get the same production out of Ross, Aurilia, Hatteberg, and even though it's less likely Phillips next year as they did this year. Maybe these same fans think the NL has to improve next year, and that the Reds were pretty fortunate that none of their starting pitchers got injured until this week. Basically maybe they're tired of competing for a playoff spot once every 6-8 years and they saw a chance to compete this year, but their club decided to trade for guys that may or may not help next year. It's just a possibility though.

 

Oh, don't forget that Krivsky gets paid to do this and has a proven track record while those "fans" (I use this term loosely) think they know what they're talking about.

 

BTW, I'll save the "I told you so" when Bray/Majewski end up as studs and Lopez/Kearns end up as duds. Also, GT's thread in GD explains this Cincinnati fan mindset...

Sticky, you going to the game today?

 

Negative. It's tough to get a "not for profit" to spring for season tickets...:irked:

Oh, don't forget that Krivsky gets paid to do this and has a proven track record while those "fans" (I use this term loosely) think they know what they're talking about.

 

BTW, I'll save the "I told you so" when Bray/Majewski end up as studs and Lopez/Kearns end up as duds. Also, GT's thread in GD explains this Cincinnati fan mindset...

 

I as well as most fans understand that Krivsky gets paid to do his job. I also have faith that he knows what he's doing. I hope he builds something similar to what he was a part of in Minnesota. But I am a realist. He will never have the same payroll as 3 teams in his division. The other two teams in the division will have a payroll pretty close to the Reds. I know payroll doesn't mean everything, but it can't hurt to have more resources. If you look at the bst pitcher on every team in the division when would you take Harang? I would take mim 5th. The Brewers with Sheets healthy all year would have had a better record than the Reds. I'm going to go on a limb and say that in the next 4 years the Reds aren't tied for the division lead as late as they were 3 weeks ago. I hope Bray and Majewski help next year and in the future, but I think it's just as likely that they aren't studs.

 

By the way when the trade was done the supporters said it was going to help their chances now as well as in the future. It not only didn't help this year, but it hurt. Now it has to help in the future or it look like one of the worst trades in Reds history.

I as well as most fans understand that Krivsky gets paid to do his job. I also have faith that he knows what he's doing. I hope he builds something similar to what he was a part of in Minnesota. But I am a realist. He will never have the same payroll as 3 teams in his division. The other two teams in the division will have a payroll pretty close to the Reds. I know payroll doesn't mean everything, but it can't hurt to have more resources. If you look at the bst pitcher on every team in the division when would you take Harang? I would take mim 5th. The Brewers with Sheets healthy all year would have had a better record than the Reds. I'm going to go on a limb and say that in the next 4 years the Reds aren't tied for the division lead as late as they were 3 weeks ago. I hope Bray and Majewski help next year and in the future, but I think it's just as likely that they aren't studs.

 

By the way when the trade was done the supporters said it was going to help their chances now as well as in the future. It not only didn't help this year, but it hurt. Now it has to help in the future or it look like one of the worst trades in Reds history.

 

I stand by my prediction that Castellini and Krivsky will have the Reds "in it" in the next 3 seasons. Payroll is an excuse, nothing more, nothing less.

 

BTW, what has Kearns and Lopez done to warrant the "one of the worst trades in Reds history?" They gave up an average MLB SS and a cannon in right...

....I hope Bray and Majewski help next year and in the future, but I think it's just as likely that they aren't studs.

 

By the way when the trade was done the supporters said it was going to help their chances now as well as in the future. It not only didn't help this year, but it hurt.....

...Not all of us fans, agreed with these trades.

 

Kearns, just never could get it together with the Reds. I've stated several times, to anyone that will listen....starting pitching.

I stand by my prediction that Castellini and Krivsky will have the Reds "in it" in the next 3 seasons. Payroll is an excuse, nothing more, nothing less.

 

BTW, what has Kearns and Lopez done to warrant the "one of the worst trades in Reds history?" They gave up an average MLB SS and a cannon in right...

 

It doesn't matter what they've done this year while in Washington. The Reds scored more runs and had a higher winning percentage while they were on the team. The trade did nothing to help the pen b/c one of the pitchers never got anyone out once he put on a Reds uniform and the other one while he looks promising hasn't helped all that much either. Define "in it" and we'll see where they are in the next 3 years. They were tied for the division lead and had the wild card lead a couple of weeks ago. I say they are not in that position again in the next 3 years this late in the year. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm defending the Reds fans that might have the same opinion as I do.

...Not all of us fans, agreed with these trades.

 

 

I know that's why I said the supporters.

...Not all of us fans, agreed with these trades.

 

Kearns, just never could get it together with the Reds. I've stated several times, to anyone that will listen....starting pitching.

 

What do you have to give up for pitching? Obviously no one will trade pitching for pitching so you have to give up some offense and position players. That's what they did. At the time, they didn't need starting pitching, they needed bullpen help. Plus, there wasn't any starting pitching available.

What do you have to give up for pitching? Obviously no one will trade pitching for pitching so you have to give up some offense and position players. That's what they did. At the time, they didn't need starting pitching, they needed bullpen help. Plus, there wasn't any starting pitching available.
SM, they needed starting pitching, when the season ended last year, began this year and all through the season.

 

The timing of the new management, certainly precluded any real chances of getting a solid/quality MLB starter. I agree you give up offense sometimes, to attain position players but the REDS have led/lead in most offensive categories and still, have a below .500 record.....Pitching, the lack of quality starters, no average closer and over-rated middle relief corps is the problem my friend.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.