Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Larue hits a homerun, and to borrow from Marty, "This on belongs to the Reds!"

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 224.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was front row in the diamonds last nite, i gave him the jinx too. Larue stepped up to the plate, i looked at his .180 batting average and his Power of Tradition picture on our ticket stub and i said no way he hits a home run here. Next pitch and its game over. What a game.

 

 

98927.jpg

Maybe Larue is a BGP reader, you think??:D

Maybe Larue is a BGP reader, you think??:D

No way! His Username would be Jason Larue, his password would be Jason Larue, and so on!;)

No way! His Username would be Jason Larue, his password would be Jason Larue, and so on!;)

 

I have a possibility.

 

Username: IAmAFan

Password: OfJasonLarue

I have a possibility.

 

Username: IAmAFan

Password: OfJasonLarue

Oh, the proverbial cat is out of the bag now! That explains no support of Ross!

I have a possibility.

 

Username: IAmAFan

Password: OfJasonLarue

 

 

That's good stuff right there!!!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, the proverbial cat is out of the bag now! That explains no support of Ross!

 

 

Since August first Ross' BA has dropped 40 points. I think Ross should catch the majority of the games, but Larue should catch some. Larue is not as bad as he's been this year. He isn't much on offense regardless, but he's a defensively sound catcher who hit 14 HRs in 110 games last year.

 

At this point in the season my biggest gripe is when Larue catches, Aurilia should play short. It's hard to hide 2 automatic outs and with Castro or Clayton in the game, that's what it's been.

 

Guys, David Ross is not as good as he seemed. Some guys get hot. It happens all the time. Look at Chris Duncan for the Cardinals. He got hot and everyone deemed him an all-star, which he may never be.

Since August first Ross' BA has dropped 40 points. I think Ross should catch the majority of the games, but Larue should catch some. Larue is not as bad as he's been this year. He isn't much on offense regardless, but he's a defensively sound catcher who hit 14 HRs in 110 games last year.

 

At this point in the season my biggest gripe is when Larue catches, Aurilia should play short. It's hard to hide 2 automatic outs and with Castro or Clayton in the game, that's what it's been.

 

Guys, David Ross is not as good as he seemed. Some guys get hot. It happens all the time. Look at Chris Duncan for the Cardinals. He got hot and everyone deemed him an all-star, which he may never be.

It seems that the Reds season can be summed up as several players playing over the back of their card for 3/4's of the season and then plummeting back to reality in the last 2 months of the season.

 

I think someone pointed out that Freel has been slumping. You pointed out Ross has been. Has not Phillips cooled off alot.

It seems that the Reds season can be summed up as several players playing over the back of their card for 3/4's of the season and then plummeting back to reality in the last 2 months of the season.

 

I think someone pointed out that Freel has been slumping. You pointed out Ross has been. Has not Phillips cooled off alot.

 

 

So maybe I am...I mean, Larue is going to pick it up and raise Jason Larue's average to Jason Larue's career average.

So maybe I am...I mean, Larue is going to pick it up and raise Jason Larue's average to Jason Larue's career average.

I agree and said as much back in July. Given an opportunity he would play back to his card. Ross was so hot, Narron made the right call to play him.

From Lance...

 

Don't look now...but Larue is on fire

Four game hitting streak

4 for his last 11..... 3hr's in last 9 ab's

In the irony of all ironies....what if it's Larue that leads the Reds into the playoffs?

By the way...David Ross is hurt...and in a major slump:

.204 since the all star break in 93 ab's

Ross hit .222 in August

Ross is 3 for 21 in September

Remember, lifetime Ross is hitting .233

PS

Javier Valentin is hitting .327 since the all star break in 55 ab's.

 

PSS

I wonder if Larue's lack of emotion as he crossed home plate last night came from embarrassment for hitting .180. If he's jumping up and down...how many call him out for showboating as a .180 hitter?

I seem to recall someone on here thinking it was a bad idea to go with Ross every day... :sssh:

I seem to recall someone on here thinking it was a bad idea to go with Ross every day... :sssh:

Yeah, but you had to ride the hot hand while its still hot.

PSS

I wonder if Larue's lack of emotion as he crossed home plate last night came from embarrassment for hitting .180. If he's jumping up and down...how many call him out for showboating as a .180 hitter?[/i]

 

I'm sure it did however, you have to think there was some since of relief or satisfaction from actually helping the team instead of hindering them. Declining an interview is even more embarrassing, IMO.

 

"No interview from Jason Larue is better than an interview from other catchers."

I seem to recall someone on here thinking it was a bad idea to go with Ross every day... :sssh:

 

You ride that VW til the wheels fall off. Now that they're off, you ride a tractor...if necessary.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.