September 7, 200620 yr Didn't watch or listen to the game. Took one glance at the lineup and laughed. This is a lineup made for a day game after a night game in May, June, July and early August. It is the heart of a pennant race and they roll this lineup out there? Hollandsworth had three knocks last night, and the 4th to the track and hits the bench? Narron's baseball logic is psychotic.
September 7, 200620 yr Dave Williams as a Met: 3-0 3.24, 25 innings, 27 hits, 9 er, 2 walks, 15 k's Ouch... Haven't Luke Hudson and Josh Hancock been descent pitchers this season, too?
September 7, 200620 yr Boy or boy, it doesn't take the "Reds fans" long, to turn on a team and a manager....The Reds are playing near the level of the talent they have, around .500. We all would like to see them win the Division by 10+ games, but the starting pitching is not present....they have no true closer....lack of team speed....teams can pitch around Griffey and Dunn, in run scoring situations....some players are elevating their game, while others are slumping now and it's certainly not intentional. Narron may or may not be back but games are "won or lost on the field"....by baseball players.
September 7, 200620 yr Narron may or may not be back but games are "won or lost on the field"....by baseball players. I was getting ready to post something similar. No way does a manager win or lose more than 5 games per year. Again, these are Major League baseball players that are expected to get the job done, no matter the circumstances. Look at the back of their baseball cards, isn't this what we should've expected? A normal year and we're at least 10 games out, it can't be the managers fault the other teams suck...
September 7, 200620 yr I was getting ready to post something similar. No way does a manager win or lose more than 5 games per year. Again, these are Major League baseball players that are expected to get the job done, no matter the circumstances. Look at the back of their baseball cards, isn't this what we should've expected? A normal year and we're at least 10 games out, it can't be the managers fault the other teams suck........:thumb: I'm sure I'll make some mad here, but it won't be the first time. How many experts picked the Reds, to win or finish near the top of the Division.....NONE, I would imagine BUT..... Fans or those who "call themselves fans", almost always pick their team to win or finish first, than get upset or complain, when they don't.....the harsh reality is this....The Reds DO NOT have the starting pitching to win the Division
September 7, 200620 yr .....:thumb: I'm sure I'll make some mad here, but it won't be the first time. How many experts picked the Reds, to win or finish near the top of the Division.....NONE, I would imagine BUT..... Fans or those who "call themselves fans", almost always pick their team to win or finish first, than get upset or complain, when they don't.....the harsh reality is this....The Reds DO NOT have the starting pitching to win the Division My pick in the BGP thread was to compete for the Wildcard and tail off the final 2 weeks of the season. :sssh:
September 7, 200620 yr Boy or boy, it doesn't take the "Reds fans" long, to turn on a team and a manager....The Reds are playing near the level of the talent they have, around .500. We all would like to see them win the Division by 10+ games, but the starting pitching is not present....they have no true closer....lack of team speed....teams can pitch around Griffey and Dunn, in run scoring situations....some players are elevating their game, while others are slumping now and it's certainly not intentional. Narron may or may not be back but games are "won or lost on the field"....by baseball players. Correct the games are played by the players,but who puts the players on the field? The manager and he decides the batting order also.Why set players when they are hitting and hitting is what is killing this team now.I think Narron needs to be the boss instead of trying to make everyone happy all the time and maybe some of these big names would get off their rears and play some ball like they are paid to do.
September 7, 200620 yr Correct the games are played by the players,but who puts the players on the field? The manager and he decides the batting order also.Why set players when they are hitting and hitting is what is killing this team now.I think Narron needs to be the boss instead of trying to make everyone happy all the time and maybe some of these big names would get off their rears and play some ball like they are paid to do. I don't think you can totally release Narron from blame here.
September 7, 200620 yr Correct the games are played by the players,but who puts the players on the field? The manager and he decides the batting order also.Why set players when they are hitting and hitting is what is killing this team now.I think Narron needs to be the boss instead of trying to make everyone happy all the time and maybe some of these big names would get off their rears and play some ball like they are paid to do.A lot of times, the GM has just as much input on whom plays, as does the Coaching Staff....Narron and his staff, along with Krivsky decides who plays at times. Players get traded, get sent down, called up and that is by the GM, with consultation perhaps, by the coaches....same applies to whom plays. A trade is made and the GM, wants to evaluate the talent. I know several have not like Narron, even before the season began but he's not got the pitching talent, to overcome a slump....which all teams have, it's just the Reds is occurring at a critical time. I honestly don't see them much better, than a .500 team with the talent they had when the season started, traded for and now.
September 8, 200620 yr Beginning today, I think the Reds will go.... 6-3, over the next 9 games and then finish the season on a 13-9 record. Can they and if so, will it be enough to overtake the WC contenders. Regardless, they absolutely have to sweep the Padres....
September 8, 200620 yr I just wish narron would kick some butt.Dunn and Griffey don't care whether they win or not.Dunn is more interested in playing golf and improving his golf game than learning how to hit a baseball once in a while.
September 8, 200620 yr I just wish narron would kick some butt.Dunn and Griffey don't care whether they win or not.Dunn is more interested in playing golf and improving his golf game than learning how to hit a baseball once in a while. What the????
September 8, 200620 yr I just wish narron would kick some butt.Dunn and Griffey don't care whether they win or not.Dunn is more interested in playing golf and improving his golf game than learning how to hit a baseball once in a while. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm This is fiction, not fact.
September 8, 200620 yr .....:thumb: I'm sure I'll make some mad here, but it won't be the first time. How many experts picked the Reds, to win or finish near the top of the Division.....NONE, I would imagine BUT..... Fans or those who "call themselves fans", almost always pick their team to win or finish first, than get upset or complain, when they don't.....the harsh reality is this....The Reds DO NOT have the starting pitching to win the Division Neither do the Cardinals. Their starting pitching is pretty bad.
September 8, 200620 yr Neither do the Cardinals. Their starting pitching is pretty bad.The Cardinals have 3 pitchers, with more than 10 wins. Here are number of wins: 14 - Marquis 13 - Carpenter 11 - Suppan and the Reds have....2 13 - Harang 12 - Arroyo You don't have to be great, just better than the 2nd place team. I'd take the Cardinals starters, relievers and closers, over the Reds any day.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.