Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

F. I have never been the biggest Freel fan in the world, and still don't think he'll avoid the DL down the stretch if asked to play every day, but last night was about as good a game as I've seen a guy have. Hats off Ryan.

 

I was thinking about you last night when Freel made that catch and the way he played. I even thought, "Geez I was convinced Freel shouldn't play everyday too!" :creepy:

 

I don't miss Kearns. I thought I would, I don't. I like Freel playing everyday and it's nice to see E-5 coming around.

 

Here are some notes from down on the farm:No mention of Mr. Herr.

 

Four prospects in the Reds' farm system were recognized in Baseball America's latest issue as possessing some of the "best tools" in their respective leagues.

 

Single-A Dayton outfielder Jay Bruce was named the best batting prospect and best power prospect in the Midwest League.

 

Double-A Chattanooga pitcher Homer Bailey, who began the season at Single-A Sarasota, was named the Florida State League's best pitching prospect and its pitcher with the best fastball.

 

The magazine also honored two of Bailey's teammates in Double-A Chattanooga, first baseman Joey Votto and catcher Miguel Perez.

 

Votto was listed as the Southern League's best batting prospect and best defensive first baseman. Perez was the league's best defensive catcher.

 

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060809/SPT04/608090358/1071

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK I throw in the towel. Head to head games with the division frontrunner are not any more important than any others. What was I thinking:D

 

All games mean something and number one obviously held more importance than the others (a quick way to gain or lose ground on the division leader). However, every game matters and as professional athletes they (the Reds) need to approach every team the same. Remember 99' when all they had to do was beat the pitiful Brewers? They weren't the division leaders but had they just won one more game that year against any pitiful team they would have made the playoffs without having to face the Mets.

 

The biggest problem I had with your post was saying that after game one the division was clinched and that is as far away from a fact as you can get!!

As I've said previously these next 2 games matter, but so do all the games after that.

OK so what do the 99' Reds and the 06' Reds have to do with one another??

Nothing. Sorry I missed your last post

All games mean something and number one obviously held more importance than the others (a quick way to gain or lose ground on the division leader). However, every game matters and as professional athletes they (the Reds) need to approach every team the same. Remember 99' when all they had to do was beat the pitiful Brewers? They weren't the division leaders but had they just won one more game that year against any pitiful team they would have made the playoffs without having to face the Mets.

 

The biggest problem I had with your post was saying that after game one the division was clinched and that is as far away from a fact as you can get!!

As I've said previously these next 2 games matter, but so do all the games after that.

Not really a fact. Just my opinion on what St Louis mind set might be after the Reds rolled over for them in game 1.

Reds just picked up Todd Hollandsworth from the Tribe for PTBNL

Reds just picked up Todd Hollandsworth from the Tribe for PTBNL

 

Um...where are they going to put him?

Not really a fact. Just my opinion on what St Louis mind set might be after the Reds rolled over for them in game 1.

 

 

Ok well since Game 2 has come and gone with the exact opposite happening as Game 1, do the Cards still have that mind set? Again....I hope so. I hope they think they've already hit the magic number.

Um...where are they going to put him?

I wouldn't be surprised if Denorfia goes down -- Krivsky said he wanted him playing every-day if he was going to be up here, and with how Freel is playing, that can't happen.

 

Or, Valentin is going somewhere and they need a lefty pinch-hitter.

 

Or, Narron is complaining to Wayne that he doesn't feel comfortable with only 4 outfielders on the roster.

 

Or, Griffey is due for a DL visit so they are being proactive.

Um...where are they going to put him?

 

I'm guessing more bench help?

I wouldn't be surprised if Denorfia goes down -- Krivsky said he wanted him playing every-day if he was going to be up here, and with how Freel is playing, that can't happen.

 

Or, Valentin is going somewhere and they need a lefty pinch-hitter.

 

Or, Narron is complaining to Wayne that he doesn't feel comfortable with only 4 outfielders on the roster.

 

Or, Griffey is due for a DL visit so they are being proactive.

 

That's just plain mean...:lol:

Griffey has looked very comfortable at the plate for the last few games. Even when he gets out he seems to hit the ball hard. However, if the Cards shift him last night he would have went 0-4.

Deno will probably go down and come back in September...I like the pickup of Hollandsworth. This is as good as getting someone like Reggie Sanders and Jeff Conine and not having to really give up much.

Deno will probably go down and come back in September...I like the pickup of Hollandsworth. This is as good as getting someone like Reggie Sanders and Jeff Conine and not having to really give up much.

 

 

I agree... Deno needs to play everyday and Hollandworth is a nice punch off the bench. He has power and is not a terrible OF. With Freel running through walls and Griffey susceptible to the DL, especially late in the season this was a great pickup for backup purposes.

IMO, a good left handed hitter or a good left handed pitcher very rarely can be a bad thing...

IMO, a good left handed hitter or a good left handed pitcher very rarely can be a bad thing...

 

 

Todd Hollandsworth doesn't fall into any of those categories.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.