Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

I was hoping after I saw Aurilia then Edwin to see Phillips playing short...too bad. Here's my question for Reds fans... I understand that Phillips could be the best defensive 2B in the NL right now, but if they move him to short and he can't handle it would that mean he couldn't regain his form at 2B? I mean they are struggling right now at scoring runs. The people who said Clayton was an upgrade defensively at SS were wrong. If you make up a lineup to play the best defense Castro would play somewhere every day. How hard would it be to try Aurilia at 2B Edwin at 3B and Phillips at SS? Let Castro play once every 10 days. If it doesn't work just go back to what they're doing now.

 

 

 

Yeah, not more than once a week PT for Castro. I'd rather have Uncle Fidel up at the plate swinging a big Cuban cigar . As Marty would say, "Juan couldn't hit the ball with an ironing board."

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, not more than once a week PT for Castro. I'd rather have Uncle Fidel up at the plate swinging a big Cuban cigar . As Marty would say, "Juan couldn't hit the ball with an ironing board."

 

 

I'm not here to say Castro is an offensive force, but he's hit pretty well with the Reds.

I'm not here to say Castro is an offensive force, but he's hit pretty well with the Reds.

Beginners luck.:p

Wild card lead down to half game as the D-backs win the first game of a double header.

Wild card lead down to half game as the D-backs win the first game of a double header.

Again. With the W, the WC is now tied...

Again. With the W, the WC is now tied...

:creepy: Opps. Give me a chance to edit.:D

:creepy: Opps. Give me a chance to edit.:D

Nah... :p

55 games remaining and the Wildcard spot, will change over the next month....many times perhaps.

55 games remaining and the Wildcard spot, will change over the next month....many times perhaps.

And maybe even more than that. Most of the teams in the WC hunt are going to see a LOT of eachother over the next 8 weeks...

And maybe even more than that. Most of the teams in the WC hunt are going to see a LOT of eachother over the next 8 weeks...
Exactly and the West have a lot of games remaining against each other, which may eliminate most contendors.

 

I like the Reds remaining schedule, if they can get the starting pitching....from #3-#5, whomever they will end up being.

I like the lineup change with Hatteberg in the 2 hole tonight...

During batting practice yesterday, Bronson Arroyo approached pitching coach Tom Hume and asked if he could move his start up a day to Saturday. Those two then took the idea to Jerry Narron, who agreed, and Wayne Krivsky did as well.

 

The impetus, according to Arroyo, was a mixture of restlessness and wanting to shake things up since he hasn't been pitching as well lately, a desire to make sure he pitches against the Cardinals, and wanting to allow Kyle Lohse a more normal pre-start routine.

 

In fact, Arroyo said he'd make going on three days' rest permanent if it was up to him.

 

"I’ve been wanting to go to a four-man rotation all year," he said. "I know nobody else wants to do that. A five-man rotation, if you stay on your normal days, is fine for everybody. But the thing is, when you start throwing in all these off days and you go to six, I know some guys like that for rest and they feel good, but I have even more of a problem with my command and I never have as good stuff. I’d rather pitch on three days’ rest than five."

This rain delay is a JOKE. There was no chance the weather was getting bad downtown looking at the map from 6:30-7:30, and there isn't a whole lot of time before the real strom hits around 11 or 12...

I can tell you in Burlington it has been nasty since about 7:15. I'm sure they thought that was coming into town.

Again. With the W, the WC is now tied...

 

 

Cubs win 2nd game. If the Reds win tonight they will have a one game lead.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.