Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the Reds (Second Half)

Featured Replies

Narron needs to step up and do something.

Throw a tantrum, spill the buffet table after the game.

Get on them for their effort.

They sleptwalk for three games.

Time for Narron to quit talking about playing the game the right way, and demand it.

 

Get a lineup and stick with it.

Drop Junior in the order.

Dunn in cleanup, Hatteberg in the 2 hole, Phillips in the 3 hole?

Ride one lineup for a week.

 

IF/When the Reds dont make the playoffs peopel will point to this week as the week they died.

LABS, you are all over it!!!!!!!! Borrow a set of cahones once. I bet Leiland would have already blown a gasket on them.

  • Replies 5.3k
  • Views 225k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How would Sparky have handled this situation? Do we think he would have been passive? He would have done whatever it took to right the ship. Makes me wish I was a kid again, going to Riverfront and sitting in seats that I couldn't possible see from and loving every minute of it. The team must come first.

How would Sparky have handled this situation? .

 

You mean when he had 4 HOFers and a few more than were close to being HOFers?

You mean when he had 4 HOFers and a few more than were close to being HOFers?

I know that it is different. They weren't in the hall when they were players. I just think that some managers are better motivators. I guess I respond better to a demanding coach and therefore everyone else should too. Bottom line is the Reds will win when the team decides that is what is the most important.

I know that it is different. They weren't in the hall when they were players. I just think that some managers are better motivators. I guess I respond better to a demanding coach and therefore everyone else should too. Bottom line is the Reds will win when the team decides that is what is the most important.

 

My point is that I seriously doubt Sparky had to go on a tirade. It was handled internally which is not happening with this team.

Another topic that should be added to this conversation, are the Reds playing about what "should" be expected, with the talent they have or are we the fans, expecting too much out of this group. Do the Reds have more, less or similar talent within the Division.

 

Offensively and Defensively, are they playing as well as can be expected. Allowing for offensive woes at times, while understanding hitting streaks will also happen. Are role players expected to be producing, everyday position players.

 

Is the Pitching, both starting and relief over or underachieving. Is the record reflective of the ability of the staff as a whole. Other than Harang and Arroyo, are their quality MLB pitchers that could assume the slots, on this staff.

 

Thoughts.....Be honest in your assessment.

Granted is a small sample/short time period, but the loss of offensive production has been more than the improvement in pitching.

 

I'm concerned about the lack of pop in the O.

Narron needs to step up and do something.

Throw a tantrum, spill the buffet table after the game.

Get on them for their effort.

They sleptwalk for three games.

Time for Narron to quit talking about playing the game the right way, and demand it.

 

Get a lineup and stick with it.

Drop Junior in the order.

Dunn in cleanup, Hatteberg in the 2 hole, Phillips in the 3 hole?

Ride one lineup for a week.

 

IF/When the Reds dont make the playoffs peopel will point to this week as the week they died.

 

You guys. You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? LABS!

 

LABS: Lollygaggers!

Granted is a small sample/short time period, but the loss of offensive production has been more than the improvement in pitching.

 

I'm concerned about the lack of pop in the O.

 

That's what I was thining. I was upset at the time of the trade b/c I didn't understand why you trade your number 2 and your number 6 hitter for two relief pitchers that aren't closers. I was in no way convinced that they would make up for the offensive production lost. But I was willing to give the GM a chance b/c every other move to that point was a good move. I wonder if he could have pulled off the Cormier and Lohse trades earlier if he would have still made that trade.

Granted is a small sample/short time period, but the loss of offensive production has been more than the improvement in pitching.

 

I'm concerned about the lack of pop in the O.

 

 

But they won't have to pay Felipe and Kearns next year and that is what the trade was about.

If Felipe and Austin were the answer, how did they score 1 run or less 9 times in May (5 shutout and 4 1 run losses)? It's a weak argument IMO...

Just wanted to update everyone. Replay of the Reds game is on Fox right now and they still are losing 3-0 in the 9th.

If Felipe and Austin were the answer, how did they score 1 run or less 9 times in May (5 shutout and 4 1 run losses)? It's a weak argument IMO...

 

As I said, its a small sample. However, you cannot deny that the Reds have lost a lot of pop. Really, there is on only player that is now one you have to pitch around and that's Dunn.

 

We'll see how the remainder of the season plays out. I'd be shocked to see them produce runs at the clip they did prior to the trade. That, however, should come as no surprise when you replace Lopez with Royce Clayton and you put speed in instead of power in RF.

 

It will only be a problem should the Reds pen not improve more than the slight improvement they've shown so far. Again, its early.

You guys. You lollygag the ball around the infield. You lollygag your way down to first. You lollygag in and out of the dugout. You know what that makes you? LABS!

 

LABS: Lollygaggers!

 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

 

That's great stuff right there...and maybe what this team needs. I haven't seen much enthusiasm from the players and Junior is looking pathetic...like he'd rather be anyplace else BUT the ballpark.

But they won't have to pay Felipe and Kearns next year and that is what the trade was about.

 

I truly do not believe that's what the trade was about. It may be a benefit but it was not the impetus. I'd say a 7+ bullpen ERA was the impetus.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.