Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This is "My Sheriff" in Boone County Kentucky

Featured Replies

A PR stunt that I already saw on the local television news. I guess bad guys don't watch the news, use social media, or talk to anyone that does. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

 

If you think that a criminal mind considers this to be a viable deterrent to committing a crime then keep your head in the sand. These messages are for Joe Citizen, not posted as some means to reduce crime. To think otherwise is foolish and naive....but keep thinking the way you do, I'm sure you will never be a victim once every criminal decides to stay out of Boone County after seeing.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you think that a criminal mind considers this to be a viable deterrent to committing a crime then keep your head in the sand. These messages are for Joe Citizen, not posted as some means to reduce crime. To think otherwise is foolish and naive....but keep thinking the way you do, I'm sure you will never be a victim once every criminal decides to stay out of Boone County after seeing.

When the state starts putting the heat on your department ... no problem. Just send out a letter advocating vigilante preparedness, and mention guns and Muslims in the same paragraph. If the folks in Boone embrace this weird letter as the BGP 2nd Amendment Club members did, the sheriff doesn't have a lot to worry about.

Sherriff in Florida was on the news today saying pretty much the same thing, citizens need to arm themselves.

And so will the electric chair. That doesn't seem to have stopped murders.

How many people have been fried over the last 10 years? Hardly anyone gets the death sentence anymore and if they do, it takes 20 years to get past the appeals.

How many people have been fried over the last 10 years? Hardly anyone gets the death sentence anymore and if they do' date=' it takes 20 years to get past the appeals.[/quote']

 

Hardly anyone gets shot robbing a home.

Sherriff in Florida was on the news today saying pretty much the same thing, citizens need to arm themselves.

Wonder if the NRA is sending out form letters to sheriffs they have supported financially.

Hardly anyone gets shot robbing a home.

True, When is the last time a person from NKY was executed? I do remember an old man killed an invader not so long ago.

When the state starts putting the heat on your department ... no problem. Just send out a letter advocating vigilante preparedness, and mention guns and Muslims in the same paragraph. If the folks in Boone embrace this weird letter as the BGP 2nd Amendment Club members did, the sheriff doesn't have a lot to worry about.

 

What ? I'm not even sure how / what to respond.... :idunno:

Wonder if the NRA is sending out form letters to sheriffs they have supported financially.

 

If you see the sheriff with an NRA commemorative pocket knife, you'll know that his letter originated with the NRA.

 

 

At the 1:25 mark you'll get a good shot of the blade with the NRA logo. I have one just like it. :)

If you see the sheriff with an NRA commemorative pocket knife, you'll know that his letter originated with the NRA.

 

 

At the 1:25 mark you'll get a good shot of the blade with the NRA logo. I have one just like it. :)

Enjoyed the video. Here's the NRA knife I hope I find in my Christmas stocking:

 

Case XX National Rifle Association NRA Star Spangled Banner Trapper Pocket Knife | eBay

I don't question it at all. You have the right to be gun free if you choose. Just as I have the right to own firearms.

 

Same. No one else in my family has any interest in owning a firearm but on the token they fully support me owning any firearms with no limitations to magazine capacity, type of stock or grip, muzzle, etc..

If you think that a criminal mind considers this to be a viable deterrent to committing a crime then keep your head in the sand. These messages are for Joe Citizen, not posted as some means to reduce crime. To think otherwise is foolish and naive....but keep thinking the way you do, I'm sure you will never be a victim once every criminal decides to stay out of Boone County after seeing.

 

I'd be willing to bet you don't talk to too many criminals. You're opinion isn't bad, but in my opinion it's incorrect and that's ok.

I'd be willing to bet you don't talk to too many criminals. You're opinion isn't bad, but in my opinion it's incorrect and that's ok.

 

How much are you willing to bet? :popcorn:

I'm fine with people who own guns owning them. But I'm no sitting duck needing the protection of someone with a gun by default. I get really disturbed by those who own guns saying they feel like they will protect those of us who don't like they're doing us some sort of favor or that we aren't equipped to defend ourselves.

 

How do you defend yourself or loved ones against someone with a gun or knife?

First of all, I am not upset. I can disagree without being emotional or upset. Now, I thought I was clear. He can but I don't agree with him asking everyone to carry. Simple as that. The other stuff is all talk anyway and reaks of profiling.

 

He DID NOT ask everyone to carry. Reading comprehension my friend.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.