Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

This is "My Sheriff" in Boone County Kentucky

Featured Replies

I wonder how many 911 calls will come in every time a Muslim family in Triple Crown goes to the Kroger in Union.

 

The sheriff may want to hire more double-dippers to man those switchboards.

 

I heard the Triple Corwn Mafia is more dangerous.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I heard the Triple Corwn Mafia is more dangerous.

 

I heard they were wiped out by Turner's Angels

The Sheriff is coming on a little strong. But then again I expect my Sheriff to be strong. And at the end of the day I take it at face value, in other words, don't come to Boone County KY and mess around because we are ready for you.

 

Note to self...

Boone Co KY = Garland TX. ;)

 

I'm hearing "Wild Wild West" in my head. Make it stop!

I agree, we have the right to bear arms, not necessarily the responsibility. But I love how he said it was the duty of a person that carries a concealed weapon to know the law and to be proficient with the weapon.

At the very least they should.

  • Author
I'm hearing "Wild Wild West" in my head. Make it stop!

 

Boone County is not the Wild West, the standards are very high here.

I shop at the Union Kroger 4 or 5 times a week and at least twice a week I talk with one of the managers in the store about what is going on there. Everything is running smooth there.

 

On a side note, we are all excited about the Super Kroger they are getting ready to break ground on.

 

No we are not all excited. But that's another topic.

The Sheriff is coming on a little strong. But then again I expect my Sheriff to be strong. And at the end of the day I take it at face value, in other words, don't come to Boone County KY and mess around because we are ready for you.

 

Agreed, if nothing else it should serve as a deterrent to those that wish to do folks harm in Boone County.

  • Author
No we are not all excited. But that's another topic.

 

We as in me and the Kroger managers are excited.

 

And don't get me started on that shady little town that is Union KY.

Agreed, if nothing else it should serve as a deterrent to those that wish to do folks harm in Boone County.

 

I'm fairly certain those folks are not reading this from the Sheriff...

Agreed, if nothing else it should serve as a deterrent to those that wish to do folks harm in Boone County.

 

Without commenting on this particular letter from Mike Helmig I do have to wonder.

 

We have the death penalty and people still murder.

We have prison and people still commit major crimes.

We have carry laws and yet homes are still broken into and cars are still stolen and people are still robbed.

 

I'd argue deterrents aren't really deterring. Criminals still do what criminals do knowing full well what the consequences may be.

 

I'd say "punishment" is a better word.

I expect my Sheriff to be fair and understanding of the rights of everyone, not the one's he agrees with. I don't care if he asks citizens to carry at all times. I have no problem with that. In fact, I expected that from him. Just don't tell me I have to do something when, if I were a citizen, I don't.

 

So you're upset he's asking people to responsibly help protect others in the county that don't have a gun? Or you're upset he's asking you to not hesitate to call in with information if you think someone is a threat?

 

Being as that a handful of the terrorists from 9-11-2001 actually lived in Boone County for quite some time before those attacks, it's not as though he's stretching. Folks should we mindful of their surroundings and able to respond/report if need be. Boone Co isn't a resort, it's a community and as much as today's society isolates themselves, citizens should remember a community can overcome a great deal with unity.

I'm fairly certain those folks are not reading this from the Sheriff...

 

Just like no one saw a Kenton County Officer hit a deer in his cruiser last week? Anything folks put on the Internet is there for a while. If this statement deters one person because they realize Boone Co is serious about folks ability to protect themselves and their neighbors then I'd say it's done its job.

Edited by sportsfan41
Officer, not a deputy.

  • Author
Without commenting on this particular letter from Mike Helmig I do have to wonder.

 

We have the death penalty and people still murder.

We have prison and people still commit major crimes.

We have carry laws and yet homes are still broken into and cars are still stolen and people are still robbed.

 

I'd argue deterrents aren't really deterring. Criminals still do what criminals do knowing full well what the consequences may be.

 

I'd say "punishment" is a better word.

 

I remember when we (we being all law enforcement in Boone County) transitioned from shot guns in our cars to AR-15s in our cars. The bad guys took notice immediately and it was often a conversation that I had with many "bad guys" from around the Greater Cincy area and beyond. In other words, the word got out real quick, the Police in Florence/Boone County are ready for anything that comes down the block.

 

I would add some additional because it was true and I wanted the bad guys to know (after all the citizens of Boone County/Florence hired me to protect them and I took that responsibility very serious) that the AR-15 they see in my car is just the tip of the iceberg. I told them mine was semi auto but we have several SWAT members with fully automatic versions of the AR-15 and we have other fully automatic weapons for tactical use in our cars. Additionally some of the elite Officers/Deputies had multiple assault weapons with them at all times.

 

It was a DEFINITE deterrent.

Without commenting on this particular letter from Mike Helmig I do have to wonder.

 

We have the death penalty and people still murder.

We have prison and people still commit major crimes.

We have carry laws and yet homes are still broken into and cars are still stolen and people are still robbed.

 

I'd argue deterrents aren't really deterring. Criminals still do what criminals do knowing full well what the consequences may be.

 

I'd say "punishment" is a better word.

 

Do you think crime would stay the same or decrease if we took away all of what you mentioned above? Honestly?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.