Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Report: Chapman To Dodgers is Done

Featured Replies

  • Author
At the end of the day, I don't think this hurts Chapman's market much, but the Reds obviously won't get "full value" while the league's investigation is ongoing. Once it is determined, I think the Reds will be able to resume fruitful negotiations.

 

On another note, I am struggling to come up with a comparable situation in the MLB. Has the MLB imposed any penalties under its new domestic violence policy yet? I have no idea if Chapman is looking at a 20 game suspension, 50 game, full season, etc. Given the circumstances, I suppose it'll be one of the lesser sentences, if any.

 

Agreed, it's not gonna be that big of deal probably.

 

The feeling is that someone from the MLB like Chapman or Puig who has been involved in some sort of domestic violence case is going to get hammered by the MLB to show that the MLB isn't the NFL i.e. Ray Rice.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The feeling is that someone from the MLB like Chapman or Puig who has been involved in some sort of domestic violence case is going to get hammered by the MLB to show that the MLB isn't the NFL i.e. Ray Rice.

 

It sounds a little twisted, but it could work out even better for the Dodgers if he is suspended for 50 games. He wouldn't be a free agent next year.

It sounds a little twisted, but it could work out even better for the Dodgers if he is suspended for 50 games. He wouldn't be a free agent next year.

Which should up his trade value if your not overly concerned with the drama.

Regarding the Reds not reporting the incident, obviously I am in the dark as much as everyone else (and a biased Reds fan). I'm unsure of the likelihood, but isn't it possible that the Reds actually didn't find out until relatively recently?

 

Does anyone know what kind of tabs organizations keep on their players in the offseason? Look at the Cleveland Browns. Their star QB with a history of alcohol abuse and at least two incidents involving alcohol in his short time in the League flew to Texas during the bye week to party, yet they didn't find out until pictures floated around on social media. The Red Sox had a reason to look into Chapmen as part of their due diligence, but it seems to plausible to me the Reds might not have been checking the Miami police blotter if they didn't know they should have been. There wasn't an arrest, so even though it was inevitable that it would come out, I can see a scenario where we are just finding out now. Heck TMZ didn't even weigh in until the initial report was out there.

^Everything has said that the Reds knew about the incident for "some time"...

 

Let's also not forget that the police were called thus a police report was filed. In your example with Manziel, how would they have known? He didn't do anything wrong. He got in no trouble. He was out drinking, which wasn't smart given his history, but he did nothing bad.

^Everything has said that the Reds knew about the incident for "some time"...

 

Let's also not forget that the police were called thus a police report was filed. In your example with Manziel, how would they have known? He didn't do anything wrong. He got in no trouble. He was out drinking, which wasn't smart given his history, but he did nothing bad.

 

I haven't seen that description of the Reds' knowledge, but even so I find it much harder to believe that a GM would think he could pull one over another team's head in a blockbuster trade than that both sides reacted to the news as it came available.

 

Regarding the comparison to Manziel I would think they Browns would have kept stronger tabs on Johnny than the Reds would have Chapman. For starters he is hopefully for them the future of the franchise. He has multiple documented issues, and his events happened during the course of the season. With all the incentives in the world to keep their guy out of trouble, they seemingly didn't find out any sooner than the general public. In Chapman's case, there was a police report, but no arrest. The report could have become public after a request to make it so, but this would have only happened if someone knew about its existence to ask. That differs from an arrest record which would have been made public much sooner. I'm not saying the Reds wouldn't have eventually found out, and I honestly have no idea when they did find out, but I think it is a little too soon to automatically assume Walt had nefarious intentions.

^Everything has said that the Reds knew about the incident for "some time"...

 

Let's also not forget that the police were called thus a police report was filed. In your example with Manziel, how would they have known? He didn't do anything wrong. He got in no trouble. He was out drinking, which wasn't smart given his history, but he did nothing bad.

 

All the Reds beat writers have said the club has said the Reds didn't know about the incident. One was even asked if Boston knew about it, are they obligated to tell MLB.

 

But I would think if Boston knew, they would have told the Reds "you have a problem"

So, it sounds as if everybody dislikes Chapman now?

 

Not interested in him dating my daughter or being my neighbor but if you need a K in the ninth to win the series, he's my best dude.

Not interested in him dating my daughter or being my neighbor but if you need a K in the ninth to win the series, he's my best dude.

 

I was just asking a simple question. 2 days ago, he was loved, now he's hated.

Police say case was closed. Different storied, no one wanting to press charges and no evidence of anything. I wonder how much more strict MLB is with there rules. Here is a picture the police took of Chapman's girlfriend neck regarding the choking.

 

[ATTACH]53729[/ATTACH]

 

Aroldis Chapman's GF -- Police Photos of Alleged Choking Aftermath | TMZ.com

I'll say it. If she was choked it doesn't appear to be from the outside. Just sayin'.

I'll say it. If she was choked it doesn't appear to be from the outside. Just sayin'.

 

Couldn't have said it better.

I agree that it does not appear she was choked. He also "allegedly" pushed her against a wall and fired his gun 8 times in the garage. If he fired the gun, that should be easy to determine. I am interested in hearing what the investigation says. Firing your gun multiple times after getting in an argument at home??? We all OK with that too??

If he was alone in the garage as reported and fired the gun at the wall I am having a hard time finding anything to get worked up about. Stupid for sure, but I can't manage to feign outrage...

Cincinnati loves you when you're here and hates you when you leave (whether its your call or not).

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.