Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Report: Chapman To Dodgers is Done

Featured Replies

  • Replies 169
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessica Kleinschmidt ‏@KleinschmidtJD

 

Latest on the Chapman trade: there's more to it. Possibly another team involved. Not a linear trade. "Still in the works" according to MLBN

Hate it, going to miss him.

 

Agreed. He's been the reason I turned on the Reds game in the 7th or 8th inning the past few years.

Would you consider a MLB top 100 prospect legit?

 

Only one, no.

The Dodger top 3 aren't your typical top 3.

 

 

Yea and Chapman isn't your typical closer. He's arguably the best.

So what in the hell is going on here?

 

Sounds like a 3 team trade to make it work. Hopefully for you guys they have found a way to include Bruce or Phillips.

Sounds more like a salary dump that a trade to improve the team. If you're dumping salary by giving away the best closer, do you do the same with Phillips, Votto and Bruce?

 

Finally someone said what I was thinking but couldn't put to words.

Utterly disappointed. I would have been fine trading Chapman as long as they threw Bruce in with him. I don't want anything extra for Bruce, I just want someone to take him off our hands. The Reds have 0 future big-leaguers outside of pitchers. We have to get some young, talented position players to develop otherwise we will never get out of the 70 win hole.

Yea and Chapman isn't your typical closer. He's arguably the best.

 

Which means nothing when you consider he's a one year rental. The Reds can keep him, and he's useless for them as a 65 win team, and get nothing for him when he leaves in free agency or they can trade him for a top 100 or two prospects...

Which means nothing when you consider he's a one year rental. The Reds can keep him, and he's useless for them as a 65 win team, and get nothing for him when he leaves in free agency or they can trade him for a top 100 or two prospects...

 

Give me two and I can begrudgingly accept it. He really was(aside from being a life time Reds fan) a big part of the reason I watched games.

 

Being completely honest it was nice having something everyone else wanted. Fans of other teams would tune in just to watch him pitch. Might not win championships but I don't think this trade will either. Yes I knew it was coming but no I'm not ready for it. Just sucks.

Give me two and I can begrudgingly accept it. He really was(aside from being a life time Reds fan) a big part of the reason I watched games.

 

Being completely honest it was nice having something everyone else wanted. Fans of other teams would tune in just to watch him pitch. Might not win championships but I don't think this trade will either. Yes I knew it was coming but no I'm not ready for it. Just sucks.

 

I completely get that. As a fan, it sucks. It is the smart move for the organization moving forward though.

Still not sold on trading Bruce. I feel he will have a breakout year this year.

If Chapmam was the only reason some people watched games, then they didn't watch too many last year. Point is he's a luxury, the Reds are so bad they dont need him. They will have an opportunity to trade him for someone that will help win games down the road. He has to go

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.