Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Report: Chapman To Dodgers is Done

Featured Replies

No charges filed, right? Is there anything to report to MLB. I mean, who isn't guilty of cranking off a few rounds in the garage after a disagreement with the GF?

  • Replies 169
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if Chapman would get suspended enough time to push back his free agency, wouldn't that theoretically make him more attractive to teams wanting to make a deal? They'd get him for the portion of this coming season after he returned from suspension, and all of next year as well....Interesting take a co-worker brought up to me this morning.

So if Chapman would get suspended enough time to push back his free agency, wouldn't that theoretically make him more attractive to teams wanting to make a deal? They'd get him for the portion of this coming season after he returned from suspension, and all of next year as well....Interesting take a co-worker brought up to me this morning.

End of page 2 I had a post about that.

 

Could make things interesting.

Police say case was closed. Different storied, no one wanting to press charges and no evidence of anything. I wonder how much more strict MLB is with there rules. Here is a picture the police took of Chapman's girlfriend neck regarding the choking.

 

[ATTACH]53729[/ATTACH]

 

Aroldis Chapman's GF -- Police Photos of Alleged Choking Aftermath | TMZ.com

 

They pointed that camera juuuuuuust a little too high.

Am I missing something? Her neck look pretty normal.

 

 

Looks like she busted her lip.

The police closed the case because she didn't want to press charges how is that a different story?

The police closed the case because she didn't want to press charges how is that a different story?

 

Different versions of what happened from different witnesses is what it meant by different stories. She didn't want to press charges but if there was evidence he abused her, they still have to arrest him whether she wanted to or not. The photos show no evidence of being choked so they didn't arrest him, no charges and they closed the case. Now MLB doesn't need an arrest to punish him though.

Chapman is punk with a capital P. Something went down pretty bad that night and he fired his gun 8 times?!?! He could be baseball's version of Greg Hardy...not sure but he could be. Makes me wonder if the previous story about him with his girlfriend being tied up is made up as well...

AC must not be a choir boy, no matter what the Duster thinks.

  • Author

No one will trade for Chapman now until MLB decides whether he will be punished.

Joe Torre said today that MLB was not made aware of the incident until last night. Good old Walt and company tried to sweep this under the rug. I'd assume there will be disciplinary action for trying to hide it from the league.

 

I wondered the same, but it doesn't seem fair to impose a penalty upon Chapman for the organization's failure to report (assuming the organization even had a duty to report this, which I don't know).

Chapman is punk with a capital P. Something went down pretty bad that night and he fired his gun 8 times?!?! He could be baseball's version of Greg Hardy...not sure but he could be. Makes me wonder if the previous story about him with his girlfriend being tied up is made up as well...

 

Chapman was at the ball park when that happened...

No one will trade for Chapman now until MLB decides whether he will be punished.

 

At the end of the day, I don't think this hurts Chapman's market much, but the Reds obviously won't get "full value" while the league's investigation is ongoing. Once it is determined, I think the Reds will be able to resume fruitful negotiations.

 

On another note, I am struggling to come up with a comparable situation in the MLB. Has the MLB imposed any penalties under its new domestic violence policy yet? I have no idea if Chapman is looking at a 20 game suspension, 50 game, full season, etc. Given the circumstances, I suppose it'll be one of the lesser sentences, if any.

At the end of the day, I don't think this hurts Chapman's market much, but the Reds obviously won't get "full value" while the league's investigation is ongoing. Once it is determined, I think the Reds will be able to resume fruitful negotiations.

 

On another note, I am struggling to come up with a comparable situation in the MLB. Has the MLB imposed any penalties under its new domestic violence policy yet? I have no idea if Chapman is looking at a 20 game suspension, 50 game, full season, etc. Given the circumstances, I suppose it'll be one of the lesser sentences, if any.

 

Agreed, it's not gonna be that big of deal probably.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.