Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Report: Chapman To Dodgers is Done

Featured Replies

Reds desperately need bats in the OF. I can't believe the market is that soft for a guy that could be the difference between losing and winning the series.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll wait to see who the Reds get in exchange before passing judgment, but if they get 2 of the Dodgers' top 10-12 prospects, I'm okay with it. Let's face it, Chapman wasn't going to re-sign in Cincinnati and he is essentially a one year rental for LA (with the possibility of re-signing him).

 

The Reds might win 70 games this year and don't need a closer. I'm cool with it.

It sounds like the deal is not done. Mark Sheldon reported that multiple teams could be in the mix to get him now. Which to me means that when the Dodger deal was reported, teams who low balled the Reds are now offering more in return. I take this as a really good sign.

@m_sheldon

 

Sources saying no deal done yet for #reds and #dodgers on Chapman. I'm hearing multiple teams could be involved.

I guess this could be why....The trade is not yet finished, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon (links to Twitter). Not only that, but Sheldon hears that there are other clubs involved who could swoop in and acquire Chapman at the last minute.

Everyone likes a bidding war! :lol2:

Price just went up to Kershaw and Joc.

Price just went up to Kershaw and Joc.

 

Walt should really call Miami. Sounds like they're shopping Jose Fernandez, and I think Stanton would look good in a Reds' uniform too.

Walt should really call Miami. Sounds like they're shopping Jose Fernandez, and I think Stanton would look good in a Reds' uniform too.

 

Na, too much money.

So who is doing the deal, Dick Williams or Walt Jocketty. I guess Dick Williams is considered General Manager and Jockety is director of baseball operations.

The Reds are going to screw this up so royally, they won't be able to move any of their players...

 

ESPN’s Jayson Stark tweets that the Reds are now telling other clubs no trade for Chapman has been agreed upon. Stark certainly implies that the Dodgers believed a trade to be done, adding: “I don’t think [the] Dodgers agree.”

I guess this could be why....The trade is not yet finished, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon (links to Twitter). Not only that, but Sheldon hears that there are other clubs involved who could swoop in and acquire Chapman at the last minute.

 

I wouldn't mind seeing the Red Sox pick up Chapman. The back end of their bullpen would be Uehara, Tazawa, Kimbrell and Chapman. That would help given that they've got a lot of 5-6 inning starters. Probably not realistic but the Sox have the prospects to make it happen.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Red Sox pick up Chapman. The back end of their bullpen would be Uehara, Tazawa, Kimbrell and Chapman. That would help given that they've got a lot of 5-6 inning starters. Probably not realistic but the Sox have the prospects to make it happen.

 

I guess this could be why....The trade is not yet finished, according to MLB.com’s Mark Sheldon (links to Twitter). Not only that, but Sheldon hears that there are other clubs involved who could swoop in and acquire Chapman at the last minute.

 

 

Scratch that. The Red Sox traded Wade Miley and Jonathan Aro to the Mariners for Carson Smith and Roenis Elias. Smith pitched 70 innings last season for Seattle and struck out 92 while only allowing 49 hits. They are trying to assemble a shutdown bullpen. I really like this deal. Elias put up similar numbers to Miley in less innings. Both players are under club control until 2021.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.