Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Michigan State 71 Louisville 67

Featured Replies

  • Replies 31
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UL gave up too many 3's.

Too much Valentine.

 

Should have went 2-for-1 when they had the ball with 49 seconds left. You could piece something together for Lee on a drive quick and then have a chance to go for the stop down 2 and still have time left.

Why in the world did Louisville keep fouling Valentine in the last minute of the game? They had opportunities to foul other players and didn't. His 6 straight free throws sealed the game for the Spartans.

I am pleasantly surprised.

I told you Deuce. The Cards are a dangerous team.

This is good for both teams. I much much prefer top teams playing each other and all of them in fact..I believe teams learn much more about themselves playing top teams than low D! schools.

 

But we all know that.

I told you Deuce. The Cards are a dangerous team.

Exactly, didn't Rick just say that he had the best recruiting class in America on this team?

First full game I’ve seen this year – I really like this Cardinal team!

 

The team is scrappy, plays good defense, and seems to have good chemistry.

 

Getslow – when you have a chance… what is the story of Damion Lee & Trey Lewis? How did they find their ways to Louisville?

Edited by Pura Vida
Spelled Getslow wrong

Onowaku is hurting this team by fouling so much.

First full game I’ve seen this year – I really like this Cardinal team!

 

The team is scrappy, plays good defense, and seems to have good chemistry.

 

Getslow – when you have a chance… what is the story of Damion Lee & Trey Lewis? How did they find their ways to Louisville?

 

Laser Tag.

 

Two fifth year guys with degrees who seemingly wanted a crack at the NCAA tournament. I assume they were swayed by pretty much guaranteed playing time based on last year's departures, the opportunity to play for a good coach in preparation for careers in Europe (or the NBA(DL) if Lee continues to play at this level), and the allure of playing in an NBA arena in front of mostly full crowds. I don't know about the recruitment of Lewis, but I know Lee went down to the wire and the Cards edged out Arizona. I'm fairly certain the addition of Lewis helped the Cards land Lee since as they seem to get along great, and each have a partner in the same situation.

I've been high on this team leading up to the season; actually much higher than last year's which ended up two free throws away from a Final Four. Of course I don't necessarily expect a Final Four, but I feel they have as good a chance as 10-15 other teams and I am excited to see them when the defense is fully implemented and all of the first year players figure out how to play for Coach P.

 

All day I thought this would be a game where the Cards were routinely down a handful of points then ended up losing by a few but the game never being in serious doubt. I am pleasantly surprised with everything that happened tonight. With a couple shots that should have went in or a couple different calls this could have been a fantastic road win for the resume.

 

I hate losing, but I'm genuinely excited because Cardinal teams of the past decade are never great in December yet they put up a good fight tonight. They looked comfortable in a hostile environment, and this didn't feel like a game where they kept it close against a really good team by playing out of their butts. Solid effort, but still many areas to improve. At least unlike last year, these guys look like they hate each other.

I haven't paid much attention to Da Ville this year but I must admit I'm surprised that so many Da Ville fans seem to consider this a "quality loss". December hoops are mostly meaningless, but still a bit surprised by the level of satisfaction from this game.

 

Full disclosure: I didn't watch a single second of this one, unfortunately...so all I know is what I have read (and highlights).

Thanks Bipsic - Damion Lee is my new favorite Card LOL. Whoever let him get away was crazy.

Too much Valentine.

 

Should have went 2-for-1 when they had the ball with 49 seconds left. You could piece something together for Lee on a drive quick and then have a chance to go for the stop down 2 and still have time left.

I have given up on college basketball understanding the concept of going 2 for 1. Infuriates me to no end.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.