Why didn't Kash Daniel play against Pikeville?

theguru

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If #3 is false then #1 seems unrealistic... if your son is fully cleared then there should not be reason to be overly cautious about his future

Why chance it? I seen him Wednesday and he had a noticeable limp. He may have been "released", but he was most definitely not okay. If it were my son or myself, I'm setting. With the future this kid has it would be a shame for him to play and God forbid make it worse or possibly tear something. He is enrolling at UK in the spring semester and I'm sure wants to be as healthy as he can be so he can get started on his next journey.

I saw the WYMT broadcast that aired on the 6:20 sports. At that time they reported that Daniels had been cleared to play. They had to get that information from someone at PHS.

I also have have heard the Daniels' mother had said he was cleared to play and she learned otherwise right before game time that he wasn't.

Is is it safe to say that the coaching staff, local media, and Daniels' mother all expected him to play right up until just prior to the game?

And if so, then who made the call not to let him play?

It really doesn't matter now. It is water under the bridge. The decision was made and now the aftermath of that decision will take its coarse. Terrible way to end a fine career. The action of not playing in that game may cost him the Mr. Football title.

UK sent 2 members of their medical staff to the game. Told Kash he was not going to play in the game under any circumstances if he wanted to play at UK next year.

Hasn't Kash already signed his LOI? UK can't "cut" him.

I have been told in no uncertain terms by more than one credible source that #3 is wrong. In the words of one source: "(Kash) was fully released to participate"

are we talkin booby miles from Friday night lights "cleared to play"?