Why didn't Kash Daniel play against Pikeville?

theguru

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paintsville had a fantastic season, and Kash is a fantastic player. Myself, I wish he hadn't been injured for his sake, and he could have played. Imo,it would have really put this Panther team to the test as he would have made a difference, but not a nineteen point difference. I can understand why whoever made the decision. I suppose it's like a matter of choice, don't play and preserve your career at UK, or go ahead and play, and receive a mister football award, and risk your career. Regardless, it's water under the bridge now as Big Melon said. Panthers are pumped and focused on Beechwood now. Going to be a great game like it should between old rivals.

I have contacts with the UK coaching staff. No one from UK was at the game and did not influence anyone playing. Last contact from Stoops was after the Paris game. They were too busy with their own game. I've talked to the Paintsville coaching staff and the ones I talked to said nothing about UK reps being at the game. The doctor who advised Kash's father once worked for UK as an orthopedic surgeon.

I have contacts with the UK coaching staff. No one from UK was at the game and did not influence anyone playing. Last contact from Stoops was after the Paris game. They were too busy with their own game. I've talked to the Paintsville coaching staff and the ones I talked to said nothing about UK reps being at the game. The doctor who advised Kash's father once worked for UK as an orthopedic surgeon.

Last contact before the game or period?

Cause Stoops visited Kash at his house this week..

kash.png

UK sent 2 members of their medical staff to the game. Told Kash he was not going to play in the game under any circumstances if he wanted to play at UK next year.

FWIW, I heard something very similar at the JC Wayne Co. game. I was told UK had some of their staff come down and check Kash out and suggest he not play. I never heard they were at the game or that they would pull his scholly if he did play.

That was after the game.

At this point with the ambiguous and/or contradicting information in this thread the best thing you can do is tell what you know without revealing yourself. It will add a lot to the truth of the matter.

Eli Brown was "medically cleared to play" all of his senior year. He was not the Eli Brown that anyone expected. Actually it was easy to forget he was on the field.

As a result he went to UK on one bad wheel and one that was barely functional. I saw the kid after the WE/FS game and while he was "medically cleared" he was not "physically able to perform".

When you are like that you are much more prone to injury. If Kash Daniel was walking with a noticeable limp then he was not in any condition to play.

UK sent 2 members of their medical staff to the game. Told Kash he was not going to play in the game under any circumstances if he wanted to play at UK next year.

You have got to be kidding me... Implying Stoops think a true freshman is going to swing his job one way or another next year? No way I can buy this.

Edited by John Anthony

For what its worth if you have a strained MCL or torn MCL (anywhere in between for that matter) then then ACL is wide open for injury (obviously more sever depending on the extent of the MCL stress). By wide open I mean you could take a normal hit with a healthy MCL that would not do anything to the ACL, but if you have stress to the MCL that same hit would tear the ACL quite easily.

In short, this is likely why the decision for Kash to sit was made. I have heard multiple reports from the Paintsville area on this subject and honestly dont know what to believe. I am leaning more to the report that Kash's father made the decision for him to not play after consulting several professionals and letting them view his MRI results. If your in it for the long run (i.e. Kash at UK and possibly beyond if he develops) then this was the correct medical decision without a doubt. If you had a kid that was never going to play sports after this season, then perhaps your roll the dice.