Why didn't Kash Daniel play against Pikeville?

theguru

are we talkin booby miles from Friday night lights "cleared to play"?

I am not exactly sure what point you are trying to make but I am going to repost what Watusi posted in this thread:

I saw the WYMT broadcast that aired on the 6:20 sports. At that time they reported that Daniels had been cleared to play. They had to get that information from someone at PHS.

I also have have heard the Daniels' mother had said he was cleared to play and she learned otherwise right before game time that he wasn't.

Is is it safe to say that the coaching staff, local media, and Daniels' mother all expected him to play right up until just prior to the game?

And if so, then who made the call not to let him play?

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am not exactly sure what point you are trying to make but I am going to repost what Watusi posted in this thread:

I saw the WYMT broadcast that aired on the 6:20 sports. At that time they reported that Daniels had been cleared to play. They had to get that information from someone at PHS.

I also have have heard the Daniels' mother had said he was cleared to play and she learned otherwise right before game time that he wasn't.

Is is it safe to say that the coaching staff, local media, and Daniels' mother all expected him to play right up until just prior to the game?

I'm saying that many thought he was cleared, and maybe even Kash, the tough young man that he is, thought he could play, but in reality his knee was not fit for football, and if he did play it would have been bad.

Kash was cleared to play by his people, he was not cleared to play by UK's people.

Well I was notified via text by a close family member at 5:09 p.m. that he was not playing.

It was on twitter at 5:14 p.m. that a source said he isn't playing and it was confirmed at 5:38 p.m.

So, add that to your timeline.

Dont know that its a cover up, just simply what Colleges do to protect their investments. Choice was ultimately Kash's (and those around him).

If what you say is true, and the UK Coaching Staff kept Kash from playing, Coach Stoops need to go on the record to fully explain why UK forced Kash Daniel not to play.

Why are you surprised by this, happens all the time with potential college athletes.

I would also like to see Paintsville head coach Joe Chirico put it in writing that UK forced Paintsville not to play Kash Daniel thus costing them a good chance of winning the State Championship.

And while we are on the topic of Coach Chirico, hasn't there been an issue with Chirico and Kash Daniel's dad dating back to Kash's sophomore year?