Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best officials in the 16th

Featured Replies

Just to have something to talk about. Please do not say anything about who you do not like. Here's mine.

 

1 Scooter Charles

2 Mike Alderman

3 Joe Billman

4 Roy Wright

5 Bob Hall

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know Scooter Charles, but I like the rest of your list.

Are there any "up-and-comers" in the 16th?

  • Author

I guess you could consider Scooter an up and comer. He has been an official for 5 years now. He is a very good official and he can only get better.

How about:

1. Foster "Sid" Meade

2. Bernard "Nard" Pergrem

3. Raymond "Chigger" Adkins

Scooter is no doubt the best young offical in the region. He can hold his own with any of the officals in the region. I also like Job Billman and Bobby Hall.

Man, you guys are bored!!! This dead period is killing us all. I need my sports fix!!!!!!!!! Thank god it's FOOTBALL SEASON!!!!!!

1. Mike Alderman

2. Joe Billman

3. Roy Wright

4. Bob Hall

5. Scooter Charles

What is the criteria for "best" in this thread...

 

Perhaps the best official who....

A) Dresses neatly before a game

B) Could possibly ride a mechanical bull?

C) Run the floor in 2.9 seconds and hop half the court back with the blocking foul call?

D) Can signal a walking call and act like they are ticked off at the kid for walking?

E) Pull up the elastic waist band pants only once a game??

 

Just some fun...maybe a few hidden messages in there somewhere for a few inside laughs for my buddies.

What is the criteria for "best" in this thread...

 

Perhaps the best official who....

A) Dresses neatly before a game

B) Could possibly ride a mechanical bull?

C) Run the floor in 2.9 seconds and hop half the court back with the blocking foul call?

D) Can signal a walking call and act like they are ticked off at the kid for walking?

E) Pull up the elastic waist band pants only once a game??

 

Just some fun...maybe a few hidden messages in there somewhere for a few inside laughs for my buddies.

 

I don't have any inside jokes with you or anything, but I have seen at least 4 of these things, LOL. I am just about to spit Miller Lite out of my nose over B).

What is the criteria for "best" in this thread...

 

Perhaps the best official who....

A) Dresses neatly before a game

B) Could possibly ride a mechanical bull?

C) Run the floor in 2.9 seconds and hop half the court back with the blocking foul call?

D) Can signal a walking call and act like they are ticked off at the kid for walking?

E) Pull up the elastic waist band pants only once a game??

 

Just some fun...maybe a few hidden messages in there somewhere for a few inside laughs for my buddies.

 

:thumb: :laugh: :thumb:

 

but, seriously, there are multiple pages on the best in the 10th, and none of the so called 16th region experts can give an opion? People of the 16th you can do this.

:thumb: :laugh: :thumb:

 

but, seriously, there are multiple pages on the best in the 10th, and none of the so called 16th region experts can give an opion? People of the 16th you can do this.

Mike Alderman, hands down.:thumb: :thumb:

When you go through a game consistently and are as invisible as an official can be, you've done your job. My problem with some in the 16th is either they think that the fans came to see them or they become super-ref in big games. Some that have been listed already IMO do both.

Mike Alderman, hands down.:thumb: :thumb:

When you go through a game consistently and are as invisible as an official can be, you've done your job. My problem with some in the 16th is either they think that the fans came to see them or they become super-ref in big games. Some that have been listed already IMO do both.

He may be the best, I agree that he could call one of my games anytime, I have confidence in him. Wonder why then, when ratings come out it is others who get the nod for the state tournament?

He may be the best, I agree that he could call one of my games anytime, I have confidence in him. Wonder why then, when ratings come out it is others who get the nod for the state tournament?

Because he doesn't come over and sit in the coaches lap prior to and following games. I'll call it suckupification. How do you like that one?

Because he doesn't come over and sit in the coaches lap prior to and following games. I'll call it suckupification. How do you like that one?

I would agree with that one although I have never used that word in a crossword puzzle. Are you saying that certain officials may "suckuptify" to get ranked ahead of others? If so, does this influence ever so slightyly their decisions?

I don't know about the present 16th region referees, but I can comment on one of the worst....now retired. Marvin Moore. He called our 1983 regional tournament finals:mad: I'll not go into details, but it was one of the most one-sided biased officiating jobs I've ever witnessed. I'll never forget that game.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.