November 19, 201510 yr This guy sounds like a clown. I think it would be some interesting radio if Matt Jones could get him on KSR. That would be pure gold...I had the same thought when I heard him last night. I'll definitely be listening today just in case.
November 19, 201510 yr Dude still wishes for bobby socks, poodle skirts, segregated Central High, and Darrel Royal. Arkansas Radio Guy Trashes Malik Monk and John Calipari in Epic Rant | Nation of Blue When he grew up when you got done with school you got a job....sports is a game not a job...wait this is a guy who makes his living off of what unpaid athletes do!!! Hate Much!!!! Monk or any other kid is supposed to know where they want to go to school before their soph year....so you dont string people along.... He is a whining, crying, female dog in heat, who is supposed to be a paid for professional, sleazy was his rant. He acted like Monk "owed" it to him and Arkansas to stay there.
November 19, 201510 yr Author Actually he wishes for Frank Broyles. Royal was the great Texas coach. My fault.
November 19, 201510 yr I don't even following recruiting anymore. Cal is so good it's ridiculous. I just wake up and magically a new 5 star player is committing. We are really spoiled right now. Cal has spoiled us. Like you, I don't follow recruiting because there really isn't much to follow.
November 19, 201510 yr "He'll become a nobody to razorback fans." There are so many Arkansas Basketball fans that he must be upsetting. Going to be a long season for all 10 of them.
November 19, 201510 yr That would be pure gold...I had the same thought when I heard him last night. I'll definitely be listening today just in case. Sounds like the younger guy on the clip will be on KSR in about 10 mins.
November 19, 201510 yr For those of you who have questioned the "Favors" that Malik Monk has received. I think it is more that people of Arkansas have done favors for one of their own, one of their former football players, Marcus Monk. So it was favors for the brother/family, which could that be construed to be favors to recruit Malik, probably. But I'm sure that's they way they'd spin it. Helping one of their own out after they've graduated. Who knows.
November 20, 201510 yr Not sure I remember a time in my 40 years in which two teams seem to completely dominate the recruiting scene. Cal and K are simply killing it.
November 20, 201510 yr When he grew up when you got done with school you got a job....sports is a game not a job...wait this is a guy who makes his living off of what unpaid athletes do!!! Hate Much!!!! Monk or any other kid is supposed to know where they want to go to school before their soph year....so you dont string people along.... He is a whining, crying, female dog in heat, who is supposed to be a paid for professional, sleazy was his rant. He acted like Monk "owed" it to him and Arkansas to stay there. Every school has them, just when they support our team we ignore it. See Matt Jones. Or Tom Beaver. Complete hacks that have figured out how to play the homer emotions of the fan base. I'm sure OSU has one but my homerism disallows me to recognize it
November 20, 201510 yr Author Matt Jones acted nothing like this when Damian Harris committed to Alabama Correct. It made sense to him like it did to 99% of the fans.
November 21, 201510 yr Matt Jones acted nothing like this when Damian Harris committed to Alabama I would say one difference , and it's not excusing their reactions. But Arkansas basketball has a proud tradition and maybe one of the only other schools in the SEC where basketball is as big a deal to them as football. They don't see themselves as a secondary option right or wrong. Where as most UK football fans know where their program is in the pecking order and would probably tell their own son to go to Bama if offered.
November 21, 201510 yr I would say one difference ' date=' and it's not excusing their reactions. But Arkansas basketball has a proud tradition and maybe one of the only other schools in the SEC where basketball is as big a deal to them as football. They don't see themselves as a secondary option right or wrong. Where as most UK football fans know where their program is in the pecking order and would probably tell their own son to go to Bama if offered.[/quote'] Then Arkansas fans should know they fall way behind Kentucky in the pecking order.
November 22, 201510 yr This guy sounds like a clown. I think it would be some interesting radio if Matt Jones could get him on KSR. He tweeted him trying.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.