Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 78 Albany 65

Featured Replies

Kentucky has a ways to go but don't be fooled, Albany is a solid mid-major team. They have been to the NCAA tournament 4 consecutive years.

 

NJIT is a very solid mid-major team as well.

Albany will win a lot of games in their league.

 

Now ... Mr. Murray - Wow ! I also thought this U.K, team looked decent for an opening game. I also think that this team will be fun to watch this season. Without all the just dominate bigs, look for the Cats to do a lot more running, pressure defenses.

Sal, when he really learns to play will be scary. I thought that Willis looked outstanding tonight as well.

Overall this team as all of Cal's teams are and have been, will be much better as the season moves on and by tourney time will be peaking.

 

1-0, Looking for no. 2 tonight.

Poythress has to get it going for this team to be great.

Poythress has to get it going for this team to be great.

 

I see people say stuff like that a lot. What exactly do you mean? He's never going to be a huge offensive contributor. He care barely dribble the ball. He's a spot up shooter. (Not even a really good one) He will make a few explosive dunks from passes or put backs. That's about all he's capable of on offense.

I see people say stuff like that a lot. What exactly do you mean? He's never going to be a huge offensive contributor. He care barely dribble the ball. He's a spot up shooter. (Not even a really good one) He will make a few explosive dunks from passes or put backs. That's about all he's capable of on offense.

 

HT, I think he needs to crash the boards on both ends.

 

While Dakari would drive me nuts at times, it would of been well served for him and the Cats to have returned.

Willis seems to be playing at a much higher level this season. I don't think many expected him to be capable of big games so it's a pleasant sight.

 

I think if he had been giving a fair chance to prove himself he would have played last season like he did last night. For some reason Cal wouldn't give him enough time in what few games he played in last year to get his confidence where it needed to be. One missed shot, turnover, or missed defensive assignment and he was out of the game, on the bench, not to see another second of floor time the rest of the game.

HT, I think he needs to crash the boards on both ends.

 

While Dakari would drive me nuts at times, it would of been well served for him and the Cats to have returned.

Agreed, he needs to rebound and play defense on this team.

Poythress has to get it going for this team to be great.

I'm afraid if UK has to bank on that happening then there'll be no "great" in this team. Fortunately I believe they'll be good without Poythress playing a huge part.

I've watched him since his freshman season, and other than a very few games, he shows me more liabilities than positives in games. For one he can't play very well facing the basket. Can't handle the ball. Can't create a shot. Below average shooter, his shooting range is about 1 foot. The one thing he does have going for him is he can be strong around the basket in rebounding and defense----when he wants to, but he's too passive in most games.

 

I like the kid and wish him all the luck in the world with his future, but I seriously doubt he plays a day in the NBA.

Kentucky has a ways to go but don't be fooled, Albany is a solid mid-major team. They have been to the NCAA tournament 4 consecutive years.

 

NJIT is a very solid mid-major team as well.

 

Actually it is 3 years in a row but they are a solid mid-major team and a good level of opponent for an opener.

The post on here have proved my point on Poythress. If he consistently hits the boards and finishes at the rim, along with playing good defense this team will be really, really good. Nobody said he needed to score a ton of points. He showed flashes of it last night.

Skal #1 pick???

 

Sure why not.

Wow, I thought KY would be better than that.

Wow, I thought KY would be better than that.

 

They were in control of the game the whole time. They obviously need to work on defense. Young team has plenty of kinks to work out.

That tip dunk by Murray was fantastic.

 

I was pretty impressed with Marcus Lee in this game. Kid has a motor. If he stays aggressive on the boards, and plays smart D, he could see a pretty good amount of time this year. Hopefully he makes the most of it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.