Best cold remedy?

thehotsnakes

I've felt pretty bad since Sunday. Chills, sneezing, congestion, coughing, sore throat, everything along those lines.

I've been taking some Aleve D and NyQuil, and it's helped but just not as much as I would like. I'm not going to the doctor, just because I don't go to the doctor unless it's something major.

So, what do you all use/take when you are feeling under the weather?

I had a lot of those symptoms and was diagnosed yesterday with bronchitis.

It's different for me because I'm younger than probably 75% of the readers on this site, but when I feel under the weather I try to drink a ton of fluid (water and gatorade) and work out as much as I can in order to "sweat the sickness out."

Go to the doctor. I've been dealing with the same symptoms for almost 3 weeks. Went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and I have a sinus infection, upper respiratory infection and an inner ear infection. It's been brutal. Hopefully my antibiotics kick this fast!

As a wise person told me a long time ago, you can ride it out and be better in two weeks, or you can go to the doctor and be better in 14 days. IF it's just a cold.

Zicam is about the only thing I use. That and "feed a cold, starve a fever".

As a wise person told me a long time ago, you can ride it out and be better in two weeks, or you can go to the doctor and be better in 14 days. IF it's just a cold.

Zicam is about the only thing I use. That and "feed a cold, starve a fever".

Agreed.

As soon as I feel one coming on, I start the zinc treatments. I love that stuff and absolutely swear by it.

Go to the doctor. I've been dealing with the same symptoms for almost 3 weeks. Went to the doctor yesterday afternoon and I have a sinus infection, upper respiratory infection and an inner ear infection. It's been brutal. Hopefully my antibiotics kick this fast!

Agree, but I'd go ahead and get the penicillin(or whatever it is now) shot. Works quicker. I had a similar thing last year I just could not shake as I also HATE to see a doctor. By the time I saw the doctor I was in the beginnings of bronchial pneumonia. I even had to have my ears cleaned out I was so plugged up and miserable.