Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis Won't Honor Calipari

Featured Replies

  • Author

Memphis' current issues start and end with Pastner.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't even like Memphis and fans in general are irrational, but I don't blame these fans at all. It's kind of like a bad break-up. You should probably remember the good times, but if it ended on bad terms you don't want to see her again. It's probably healthy to just let it go after all these years, but you sure as heck don't have to invite him back and honor the guy.

 

I can't even imagine how the president thought it was even a good idea to bring him back. Memphis is like UK to a much lesser extreme. Basketball is their fans' bread and butter. I can't imagine that Capilouto wouldn't know the general pulse and feelings of the Kentucky fan base or more importantly the donors.

Raise your hand if you think Memphis wouldn't take Cal back.

Raise your hand if you think Memphis wouldn't take Cal back.

 

They'd take him back, just like UK would've taken Rick back.

I don't even like Memphis and fans in general are irrational, but I don't blame these fans at all. It's kind of like a bad break-up. You should probably remember the good times, but if it ended on bad terms you don't want to see her again. It's probably healthy to just let it go after all these years, but you sure as heck don't have to invite him back and honor the guy.

 

I can't even imagine how the president thought it was even a good idea to bring him back. Memphis is like UK to a much lesser extreme. Basketball is their fans' bread and butter. I can't imagine that Capilouto wouldn't know the general pulse and feelings of the Kentucky fan base or more importantly the donors.

 

I see liking & honoring as two separate things. You don't have to like a person in order to honor them.

I don't think there's much there to honor.

 

I think FedEx has a truck named after him...

Did UK honor Pitino when he was inducted?

 

Probably should have...

I see liking & honoring as two separate things. You don't have to like a person in order to honor them.

 

I see honoring as a step above liking, but I kind of agree with your initial post. On one hand I can appreciate the president judging the pulse of his fans and boosters and acting swiftly, but on the other it seems like such a jv move to publicly advertise the invite then publicly rescind it.

but on the other it seems like such a jv move to publicly advertise the invite then publicly rescind it.

 

:thumb:

I see liking & honoring as two separate things. You don't have to like a person in order to honor them.

 

That's kind of like "allowing" a coach to resign so you don't have to fire them.

Memphis' current issues start and end with Pastner.

 

This is what happens when you hand someone the keys to a car that they don't know how to drive.

Salty about JWall and Boog.

 

If I recall correctly Wall was never committed to Memphis prior to UK hiring Cal. But if we are being honest, the only reason that Wall and Cousins were considering Memphis is becasue of Cal. Even if they didn't follow Cal to UK, IMO it would be very unlikely that either would have gone to Memphis.

If I recall correctly Wall was never committed to Memphis prior to UK hiring Cal. But if we are being honest, the only reason that Wall and Cousins were considering Memphis is becasue of Cal. Even if they didn't follow Cal to UK, IMO it would be very unlikely that either would have gone to Memphis.

 

Just as unlikely that they would have gone to Kentucky without Cal.

Just as unlikely that they would have gone to Kentucky without Cal.

 

I agree.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.