Memphis Won't Honor Calipari

TheDeuce

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't even like Memphis and fans in general are irrational, but I don't blame these fans at all. It's kind of like a bad break-up. You should probably remember the good times, but if it ended on bad terms you don't want to see her again. It's probably healthy to just let it go after all these years, but you sure as heck don't have to invite him back and honor the guy.

I can't even imagine how the president thought it was even a good idea to bring him back. Memphis is like UK to a much lesser extreme. Basketball is their fans' bread and butter. I can't imagine that Capilouto wouldn't know the general pulse and feelings of the Kentucky fan base or more importantly the donors.

I don't even like Memphis and fans in general are irrational, but I don't blame these fans at all. It's kind of like a bad break-up. You should probably remember the good times, but if it ended on bad terms you don't want to see her again. It's probably healthy to just let it go after all these years, but you sure as heck don't have to invite him back and honor the guy.

I can't even imagine how the president thought it was even a good idea to bring him back. Memphis is like UK to a much lesser extreme. Basketball is their fans' bread and butter. I can't imagine that Capilouto wouldn't know the general pulse and feelings of the Kentucky fan base or more importantly the donors.

I see liking & honoring as two separate things. You don't have to like a person in order to honor them.

I see liking & honoring as two separate things. You don't have to like a person in order to honor them.

I see honoring as a step above liking, but I kind of agree with your initial post. On one hand I can appreciate the president judging the pulse of his fans and boosters and acting swiftly, but on the other it seems like such a jv move to publicly advertise the invite then publicly rescind it.

Salty about JWall and Boog.

If I recall correctly Wall was never committed to Memphis prior to UK hiring Cal. But if we are being honest, the only reason that Wall and Cousins were considering Memphis is becasue of Cal. Even if they didn't follow Cal to UK, IMO it would be very unlikely that either would have gone to Memphis.

If I recall correctly Wall was never committed to Memphis prior to UK hiring Cal. But if we are being honest, the only reason that Wall and Cousins were considering Memphis is becasue of Cal. Even if they didn't follow Cal to UK, IMO it would be very unlikely that either would have gone to Memphis.

Just as unlikely that they would have gone to Kentucky without Cal.