Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis Won't Honor Calipari

Featured Replies

So Memphis fans blame Cal for taking arguably the best job in the country? And please quit comparing this to Benedict Arnold over in Louisville. If Benedict had stayed with the Celtics, or 99% of the other jobs for that matter, I guaranteed you UK would honor him. Benedict knew what he was doing and I'm sure he realized what the reaction would be, if not he's a blooming idiot.

  • Replies 38
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

^:cry: :lol2:

^:cry: :lol2:

 

Yet, you cannot dispute anything I said. He chose his path and has the tacky tattoo to prove it. I say honor him by taking down his banner, put a big red bow on it, and present it to him when he visits this season.

As a UK alum I absolutely do not understand the people who hate Rick so bad.

 

He is one of the best coaches to ever set foot on UK's campus. He took our program from on probation to a National Championship program.

 

He left for the NBA, because that was his desire.

 

When he came back he took the best coaching position available, and it worked out that he made a smart decision. He's won a National Championship there and been to several Final Fours.

 

I remember how much I enjoyed having him here as a coach, and would be happy to honor him.

 

I only care what he did for UK when he was here. I don't blame anyone for looking for something bigger, and in Rick's mind, the Celtics were bigger. Don't forget UK didn't have a vacancy when he came back.

  • Author
Yet, you cannot dispute anything I said. He chose his path and has the tacky tattoo to prove it. I say honor him by taking down his banner, put a big red bow on it, and present it to him when he visits this season.

 

Could you be any more butt hurt? :lol2: Get over it already... :ohbrother:

  • Author
As a UK alum I absolutely do not understand the people who hate Rick so bad.

 

He is one of the best coaches to ever set foot on UK's campus. He took our program from on probation to a National Championship program.

 

He left for the NBA, because that was his desire.

 

When he came back he took the best coaching position available, and it worked out that he made a smart decision. He's won a National Championship there and been to several Final Fours.

 

I remember how much I enjoyed having him here as a coach, and would be happy to honor him.

 

I only care what he did for UK when he was here. I don't blame anyone for looking for something bigger, and in Rick's mind, the Celtics were bigger. Don't forget UK didn't have a vacancy when he came back.

 

Thank you for providing a mature opinion on it. Some struggle with that, obviously.

As a UK alum I absolutely do not understand the people who hate Rick so bad.

 

He is one of the best coaches to ever set foot on UK's campus. He took our program from on probation to a National Championship program.

 

He left for the NBA, because that was his desire.

 

When he came back he took the best coaching position available, and it worked out that he made a smart decision. He's won a National Championship there and been to several Final Fours.

 

I remember how much I enjoyed having him here as a coach, and would be happy to honor him.

 

I only care what he did for UK when he was here. I don't blame anyone for looking for something bigger, and in Rick's mind, the Celtics were bigger. Don't forget UK didn't have a vacancy when he came back.

 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I have been so many times.

 

I seem to remember that Rick showed up at the UK/Florida game that one year and met with Billy and Tubby.

 

Not long after he decided to take up the offer that UL gave him to follow Denny Crum as their coach.

 

I often wondered if he was making sure that Tubby was not leaving UK at that time. I seem to remember some heat on Smith and some speculation.

 

Is that just a conspiracy theory I'm recalling or a bad lunch talking back to me?

 

Could it have been that Rick wanted back in KY and took whichever job was open?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong because I have been so many times.

 

I seem to remember that Rick showed up at the UK/Florida game that one year and met with Billy and Tubby.

 

Not long after he decided to take up the offer that UL gave him to follow Denny Crum as their coach.

 

I often wondered if he was making sure that Tubby was not leaving UK at that time. I seem to remember some heat on Smith and some speculation.

 

Is that just a conspiracy theory I'm recalling or a bad lunch talking back to me?

 

Could it have been that Rick wanted back in KY and took whichever job was open?

 

I know people who wanted UK to fire Tubby and hire Rick.

 

I don't recall Tubby being on the hot seat at that time though.

Iu

As a UK alum I absolutely do not understand the people who hate Rick so bad.

 

He is one of the best coaches to ever set foot on UK's campus. He took our program from on probation to a National Championship program.

 

He left for the NBA, because that was his desire.

 

When he came back he took the best coaching position available, and it worked out that he made a smart decision. He's won a National Championship there and been to several Final Fours.

 

I remember how much I enjoyed having him here as a coach, and would be happy to honor him.

 

I only care what he did for UK when he was here. I don't blame anyone for looking for something bigger, and in Rick's mind, the Celtics were bigger. Don't forget UK didn't have a vacancy when he came back.

 

This as a UK fan not Alum. Great post

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.