Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Clyde

• Replies 896
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My question would be who set the thing up? I seriously do not think that Kim Davis had anything to do with it, the song or setting up the event. I would think that since Huckabee set up the event, I think, one of his people selected the song.

No doubt it was one of the organizers but neither of them probably knew til it played.

Still, you think that a campaign staff would know the nuances of copyright law.

No doubt it was one of the organizers but neither of them probably knew til it played.

Still, you think that a campaign staff would know the nuances of copyright law.

A very large number of campaign staffers tend to be in the 18-30 range — the era of kids used to Napster and other methods of stealing music from the Internet.

The guy playing the music was a young guy. Stood right beside him. Do not think he had anything to do with Huckabee. I think the local churches there did all the organizing or had a big part in it, or that was what was announced.

What church group decides to play Eye of the Tiger? Particularly in that part of KY?

The organizers may still find themselves in trouble.

I don't remember Hatz, every church in that area supported her and by the looks of the buses there and signs most of the churches in the 50 states support her.

It was some Baptist church but cant remember the name but I don't think they were the only one that helped. The Mayor of Grayson was a speaker and I am sure Grayson had their hand in it too.

I guess I'm struggling with how anyone can be in trouble for playing a song.

Copywrite laws. A nightclub, a bar, all have to buy the rights to play the songs. They even send out undercover agents and if a place is playing the music without a license, it's HUGE money, a lot of places caught end up having to shut down.

The creator of Eye of the Tiger heard about the song being played without permission and was upset, called his lawyers and now they are wanting to sue.

If everyone one, teams, individuals got sued for using eye of the tiger since that song is been out, America will be broke. They will have a hard time with this one. A first year law student could defend this. And I will also say this mentality is exactly what is wrong with America.