Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

I would say he nor Kim Davis knew what song was gonna be played when she walked out.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My question would be who set the thing up? I seriously do not think that Kim Davis had anything to do with it, the song or setting up the event. I would think that since Huckabee set up the event, I think, one of his people selected the song.

My question would be who set the thing up? I seriously do not think that Kim Davis had anything to do with it, the song or setting up the event. I would think that since Huckabee set up the event, I think, one of his people selected the song.

 

No doubt it was one of the organizers but neither of them probably knew til it played.

 

Still, you think that a campaign staff would know the nuances of copyright law.

No doubt it was one of the organizers but neither of them probably knew til it played.

 

Still, you think that a campaign staff would know the nuances of copyright law.

 

A very large number of campaign staffers tend to be in the 18-30 range — the era of kids used to Napster and other methods of stealing music from the Internet.

The guy playing the music was a young guy. Stood right beside him. Do not think he had anything to do with Huckabee. I think the local churches there did all the organizing or had a big part in it, or that was what was announced.

The guy playing the music was a young guy. Stood right beside him. Do not think he had anything to do with Huckabee. I think the local churches there did all the organizing or had a big part in it, or that was what was announced.

 

What church group decides to play Eye of the Tiger? Particularly in that part of KY?

 

The organizers may still find themselves in trouble.

I don't remember Hatz, every church in that area supported her and by the looks of the buses there and signs most of the churches in the 50 states support her.

 

It was some Baptist church but cant remember the name but I don't think they were the only one that helped. The Mayor of Grayson was a speaker and I am sure Grayson had their hand in it too.

I guess I'm struggling with how anyone can be in trouble for playing a song.

I guess I'm struggling with how anyone can be in trouble for playing a song.

 

Copywrite laws. A nightclub, a bar, all have to buy the rights to play the songs. They even send out undercover agents and if a place is playing the music without a license, it's HUGE money, a lot of places caught end up having to shut down.

 

The creator of Eye of the Tiger heard about the song being played without permission and was upset, called his lawyers and now they are wanting to sue.

If everyone one, teams, individuals got sued for using eye of the tiger since that song is been out, America will be broke. They will have a hard time with this one. A first year law student could defend this. And I will also say this mentality is exactly what is wrong with America.

Kim Davis was a topic in the presidential debate. Yesterday, she was talked about on the Howard Stern Show. I've never seen anything as ridiculous as this entire thing in my life.

My understanding is that the lawsuit over Eye of the Tiger was a hoax.

I understand that but those places are using music to make money.

I understand that but those places are using music to make money.

They also have the right to keep the "integrity" of the song. It happens in politics, a politician and their people will use songs without asking permission and demand they stop, some have had to pay fines.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.