Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kim Davis Found In Contempt

Featured Replies

2 Gay and 2 and 2 straight couples are trying to make the court order her to sign the certificates. Valid reasons.

 

I knew it would happen, someone try to force her to sign this. Even after the court said they were legit.

 

I believe the court said the license the deputy clerks were issuing were valid.

 

Now that she's altered the license and is having the clerks initial and notarize them is why there are questions on the validity of the licenses.

 

She should just take a leave of absence until the requested license adjustments are approved early next year.

  • Replies 896
  • Views 73.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Where is the gay couple from?

 

Morehead

After the marriage certificates were issued it seems all was JUST WHAT THEY WANTED.

BUT NOW. THEY PROVED MY POINT. ITS AN AGENDA.

 

ACLU: 'Goal has been achieved'

After Bunning's order, five of her deputies agreed to issue marriage licenses in her absence. The Rowan County clerk's office began doing so Friday.

 

A lawyer who represented same-sex couples seeking marriage licenses in Rowan County said Tuesday that the plaintiffs' goal had "been achieved."

 

"This case was brought to ensure that all residents of Rowan County, gay and straight, could obtain marriage licenses. That goal has been achieved," said William Sharp, legal director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky. "The Kentucky Attorney General and counsel for Rowan County have said the marriage licenses are valid. We are relying on those representations, and our clients look forward to proceeding with their plans to marry."

Kim Davis freed, barred from interfering with licenses - CNNPolitics.com

 

Well duh, their goal was to get married. Now that the licenses have been issued, their goal was achieved.

 

You can twist it however you want, she just needs to do her job as directed by the state and the court.

Well duh, their goal was to get married. Now that the licenses have been issued, their goal was achieved.

 

You can twist it however you want, she just needs to do her job as directed by the state and the court.

 

Yeah so what are they complaining about now?

Trying to make her sign her name on it. Just like I said they would do.

I have a question that is somewhat related. Has any of the marriage applicants that are gay used the licence yet and got married? They are only good for like 30 days right?

Yeah so what are they complaining about now?

Trying to make her sign her name on it. Just like I said they would do.

 

I don't believe that is the issue. From what I read, she altered the certificate, removing her name(fine, I get that), but also removing any reference to Rowan Cty. The clerks are instructed to initial where they usually sign and then also notarize the applicants signature. The notary means absolutely nothing.

 

So keep twisting it to support her. Personally, I hope the Bunning hammers her over this incident.

 

 

Had to go find the article...

 

"On Friday, Mason's attorney told the judge that when Davis returned to work Monday she "confiscated all the original forms" and replaced them with forms that delete her name, the name of the county and all references to the deputy clerks. The new form has Mason's name and a place for him to write his initials but not his signature.

 

"It also appears to this counsel those changes were made in some attempt to circumvent the court's orders and may have raised to the level of interference against the court's orders," attorney Richard Hughes wrote. "Mr. Mason is concerned because he is in a difficult position that he continues to issue the licenses per the court's order ... which had some remote questionable validity, but now with these changes may in fact have some substantial questions about validity."

I don't believe that is the issue. From what I read, she altered the certificate, removing her name(fine, I get that), but also removing any reference to Rowan Cty. The clerks are instructed to initial where they usually sign and then also notarize the applicants signature. The notary means absolutely nothing.

 

So keep twisting it to support her. Personally, I hope the Bunning hammers her over this incident.

 

Twist what. They got their licenses, but still arent happy.

I dont even know where my license is or remember getting them. Whats the big deal. they are married, move on.

 

Davis' office issued marriage licenses while she was in jail, but the licenses did not include her name. U.S. District Judge David Bunning ruled those licenses were valid and released Davis on the condition that she not interfere with her employees.

Davis' office issued marriage licenses while she was in jail, but the licenses did not include her name. U.S. District Judge David Bunning ruled those licenses were valid and released Davis on the condition that she not interfere with her employees.

 

"On Friday, Mason's attorney told the judge that when Davis returned to work Monday she "confiscated all the original forms" and replaced them with forms that delete her name, the name of the county and all references to the deputy clerks. The new form has Mason's name and a place for him to write his initials but not his signature.

 

"It also appears to this counsel those changes were made in some attempt to circumvent the court's orders and may have raised to the level of interference against the court's orders," attorney Richard Hughes wrote. "Mr. Mason is concerned because he is in a difficult position that he continues to issue the licenses per the court's order ... which had some remote questionable validity, but now with these changes may in fact have some substantial questions about validity."

I have a question that is somewhat related. Has any of the marriage applicants that are gay used the licence yet and got married? They are only good for like 30 days right?

Why does it matter? Do they make sure you drive a car because you got a drivers license?

You drivers license expires in 4 years......do you know the answer to my question?

You drivers license expires in 4 years......do you know the answer to my question?

 

I assume you're familiar with Google, are you not? You want to know the answer, you can do the work...

I have no idea if they did nor do I care. They have the right to get the marriage certificate even if they don't use it.

I actually asked a simple question with no other intentions that to know the answer. Not trying to paint anyone in the corner or side with Kim Davis or anything like that. And you guys are all defensive, but that's ok, I understand you are as passionate about your stance as I am. At least you all stand for something. A lot of Americans just don't care.

If you don't stand for something you fall for everything.

  • Author
If you don't stand for something you fall for everything.

 

Hold on. I'm writing that one down.:clap:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.