Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fake Gun Store, NYC

Featured Replies

Who has the highest rate of knife attacks?

 

Who has the highest rate of whatever?

 

 

People who want to do harm are going to do harm.

 

 

By the way, most of the Swiss gun violence is by nut jobs or extremist.....let's ban them.....

 

Knife, hatchet, clever, weed eater, chainsaw, etc. are all dangerous but I like my chances more when a violent offender is armed with those than a gun.

 

Let's use an analogy. No one cares that Iran has machine guns, tanks, or even fighter jets, but they may have a nuclear weapon, and everybody gets their panties in a wad. Why? Because that is how they do real damage.

  • Replies 232
  • Views 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

@B-Ball-fan, do we not see speed limit laws broken daily...everywhere? Do we not see people killed by speeding vehicles daily? I guarantee you you're safer around responsible gun owners than you are in your car at any given time. Yet, the constant knee jerk response by the left, ant-gun crowd is to pass laws that will only affect those that abide by the law to begin with. Look at drugs. TOTALLY illegal, but low and behold, we have a rampant drug problem in this country. Which by the way, @mcpapa, were number one there! Where's your outcry? Something to be proud of, right @B-Ball-fan? Yet most of you don't want to see that a vast majority of gun deaths in this country is caused by drugs and gangs that sell drugs. No, that's not the message you want to send. It's the guns. Can't be the drugs. Can't be gangs. Can't be criminals. Can't be mental illness. It's guns and gun owners that are the problem. At least B-Ball-fan realizes mental health is an issue, but he still seems to have the urge to punish the many for the sins of a few. I have no problem with background checks to try to eliminate mentally ill people from getting guns, but I sure don't want the government to control it or have their hand in it because I know what that will lead to.

 

 

 

B-Ball-fan, how can you not detect anyone in this thread wanting to take guns away. TTP said as much, "Australia's gun-control measures have been cited as an example for the United States to follow. Wishful thinking, in all probability" was his quote followed by "whatever works".

 

All in all to most of your points, B-Ball-fan, at the end of the day, how will background checks and limitations being stiffer stop criminals? How can you regulate a sick mind? How can you keep someone from passing a mental health check from snapping later? The answer is, you can't.

  • Author
:eyeonyou:Unless I'm missing something somewhere around 600,000 wounded and 180,000 Americans killed since 2009. If averages are correct.

 

I guess that's just to BGPERS who are all good people.

And how many of those are due to drugs? Mental health? How many have died in heavily regulated automobile accidents? How many deaths from drug overdoses (you know, that completely illegal activity)?
  • Author

 

Let's use an analogy. No one cares that Iran has machine guns, tanks, or even fighter jets, but they may have a nuclear weapon, and everybody gets their panties in a wad. Why? Because that is how they do real damage.

Well, when the average Joe starts obtaining nukes, then you can worry since machine guns, tanks, or even fighter jets aren't a big deal. :sarcastic:
B-Ball-fan, how can you not detect anyone in this thread wanting to take guns away. TTP said as much, "Australia's gun-control measures have been cited as an example for the United States to follow. Wishful thinking, in all probability" was his quote followed by "whatever works".

 

All in all to most of your points, B-Ball-fan, at the end of the day, how will background checks and limitations being stiffer stop criminals? How can you regulate a sick mind? How can you keep someone from passing a mental health check from snapping later? The answer is, you can't.

When Hillary gets elected, I hear she's going after Kentucky gun owners first, starting in Ft. Thomas.

 

I have a serious question for the board: Why don't campers or fishermen go off the deep end like gun owners do when discussing new rules and regulations?

And how many of those are due to drugs? Mental health? How many have died in heavily regulated automobile accidents? How many deaths from drug overdoses (you know, that completely illegal activity)?

 

1. Probably a lot, but I imagine would be fewer if all they could grab is a knife.

2. Probably a lot, but I imagine would be fewer if all they could grab is a knife.

3. What? :eyeonyou:

4. What?

 

You do realize our nation is making some attempt to squelch 3 and 4 while a good portion of our nation accepts gun violence and fights tooth and nail for no changes.

When Hillary gets elected, I hear she's going after Kentucky gun owners first, starting in Ft. Thomas.

 

I have a serious question for the board: Why don't campers or fishermen go off the deep end like gun owners do when discussing new rules and regulations?

 

Are you actually serious? Why do you blindly trust government and politicians so much?

Why do you blindly trust other Americans so much?

To paraphrase J.R.R. Tolkien:

 

[h=1]“I don't trust half of you half as well as I should like; and I trust less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”[/h]

I don't doubt that this can be a slippery slope (I'm more reasonable than most folks realize).

 

I just wish we could have productive discussion instead of throwing up our hands and saying, "Everybody should have as many weapons as they want. Doesn't matter what kind, doesn't matter who they are".

 

I can have a serious discussion.

 

I don't want crazy people with guns.

 

I don't care to go through a background check.

 

I am worried about who and what makes the decision if I'm crazy.

Are you actually serious? Why do you blindly trust government and politicians so much?

I trust government far more than I trust the gun and ammo makers who pull the NRA's strings.

 

As far as what you bolded: I've always found it confusing why gun owners go bonkers over this or that when they have the protection of their own amendment to the Constitution as well as a sympathetic Supreme Court majority. What else do they need?

  • Author
When Hillary gets elected, I hear she's going after Kentucky gun owners first, starting in Ft. Thomas.

 

I have a serious question for the board: Why don't campers or fishermen go off the deep end like gun owners do when discussing new rules and regulations?

 

Let us know when you want to stop avoiding questions and you want to seriously debate this, until then it's pointless to discuss it further with you.

  • Author
1. Probably a lot, but I imagine would be fewer if all they could grab is a knife.

2. Probably a lot, but I imagine would be fewer if all they could grab is a knife.

3. What? :eyeonyou:

4. What?

 

You do realize our nation is making some attempt to squelch 3 and 4 while a good portion of our nation accepts gun violence and fights tooth and nail for no changes.

 

On number three, my apologies, I worded that poorly. I was simply saying that automobiles are heavily regulated and misused more than guns are. By the way guns are extremely regulated now and we still have the issues. You can regulate them till the cows come home and you will still have the issues, that's the point that just can't seem to sink in for you and a few others.

  • Author
To paraphrase J.R.R. Tolkien:

 

[h=1]“I don't trust half of you half as well as I should like; and I trust less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”[/h]

 

Sounds like an excellent reason to own firearms.

On number three, my apologies, I worded that poorly. I was simply saying that automobiles are heavily regulated and misused more than guns are. By the way guns are extremely regulated now and we still have the issues. You can regulate them till the cows come home and you will still have the issues, that's the point that just can't seem to sink in for you and a few others.

 

So what do we do?

 

So far these are our options from some posters.

 

1. Throw our hands in the air.

2. Stick our head in the sand.

3. Arm everybody.

4. Scream "it's not the gun's fault."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.