Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fake Gun Store, NYC

Featured Replies

So Hellcats and TTP, what are you saying exactly? I am being serious. Do you want guns to be declared illegal? I am not sure what you guys want?

Talk of guns being "declared" illegal is hogwash. Such goofy talk is simply intended to rev up under-educated Republican voters. For starters, there should be meaningful dialogue between R and D members of Congress, but that ain't gonna happen given the NRA's stranglehold on Republican legislators. Buck the NRA and LaPierre will put your face on a billboard next to Obama's, like he did that GOP congresswoman in Tennessee.

  • Replies 232
  • Views 20.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talk of guns being "declared" illegal is hogwash. Such goofy talk is simply intended to rev up under-educated Republican voters. For starters, there should be meaningful dialogue between R and D members of Congress, but that ain't gonna happen given the NRA's stranglehold on Republican legislators. Buck the NRA and LaPierre will put your face on a billboard next to Obama's, like he did that GOP congresswoman in Tennessee.

 

So I will ask one more time...what is it that you want regarding gun laws in the US? I have no idea what meaningful dialogue means to you. What do YOU want in regards to gun laws.

Gambling? :eyeonyou:

 

Alcohol is exactly right when they pick up a gun or sit behind a wheel.

 

Of course gambling. Can ruin households, often a reason for suicide as a good friend of my brother's can attest to coming home, opening the garage and finding his father dead in the car due to leaving it running so it would die from the fumes after blowing the family's funds due to large gambling debts.

So I will ask one more time...what is it that you want regarding gun laws in the US? I have no idea what meaningful dialogue means to you. What do YOU want in regards to gun laws.

 

I thought TTP gave a reasonable answer. Congress to come together and address the issue: More efficient ways to enforce laws and background checks would be a heck of a start.

None. But then again, I am not a police officer or in the military. Oh wait, did I just mention two practical uses?!

 

Forgot to mention hunters! My bad! That's 3!

 

Your 2 examples are expertly trained and still screw up sometimes.

 

For the majority of us hunting is not a job nor do we have to kill our food on the daily. I realize there may be someone who does but the percentage is minuscule.

 

All in all nothing compared to the uses of cars for personal transportation.

Talk of guns being "declared" illegal is hogwash. Such goofy talk is simply intended to rev up under-educated Republican voters. For starters, there should be meaningful dialogue between R and D members of Congress, but that ain't gonna happen given the NRA's stranglehold on Republican legislators. Buck the NRA and LaPierre will put your face on a billboard next to Obama's, like he did that GOP congresswoman in Tennessee.

 

Must have had an agenda to push.

  • Author
Must have had an agenda to push.

 

Well, which do you honestly see as an agenda? Using lies, half truths, misinformation, punishing innocent people and using a tragedy to play on emotions or protecting a constitutional amendment, i.e. the 2nd?

  • Author
I thought TTP gave a reasonable answer. Congress to come together and address the issue: More efficient ways to enforce laws and background checks would be a heck of a start.
Lets say we do those two things. How does it stop a criminal or a sick minded killer from getting a gun?

No other developed country has a gun homicide or gun violence rate even approaching that level. (That’s true even though the rate is now much lower than it was in the early 1990s, likely because crime overall has declined.) And while America’s high rate of gun violence undoubtedly reflects many factors, researchers like David Hemenway, a widely cited professor from the Harvard School of Public Health, have found a clear, strong relationship between gun ownership and gun-related deaths. In places where more people have guns, more people get killed by them.

 

We're number one!

Well, which do you honestly see as an agenda? Using lies, half truths, misinformation, punishing innocent people and using a tragedy to play on emotions or protecting a constitutional amendment, i.e. the 2nd?

 

I have no problem with the bolded.

 

I often hear the argument that this is a bad thing. That we should wait until the grieving process is complete. That we're disrespecting the dead.

 

I got news. The grieving process is never complete, and unfortunately it often takes a tragedy to stimulate meaningful discussion.

And for the record (again), I have no issue with the second amendment. I just wish we could shore up background checks, place some reasonable limits on high-powered/large capacity weaponry, etc. Some of this stuff is meant for one thing and one thing only.

 

And our shredded mental health/substance abuse safety net is in dire need of mending, but let's face it. These people aren't exactly poster children in terms of generating sympathy and resources. Never have been and probably never will be.

 

It saddens me that we're number one.

  • Author
I have no problem with the bolded.

 

I often hear the argument that this is a bad thing. That we should wait until the grieving process is complete. That we're disrespecting the dead.

 

I got news. The grieving process is never complete, and unfortunately it often takes a tragedy to stimulate meaningful discussion.

When it's disingenuous political fear mongering, it's downright disgraceful and shameful.
  • Author
And for the record (again), I have no issue with the second amendment. I just wish we could shore up background checks, place some reasonable limits on high-powered/large capacity weaponry, etc. Some of this stuff is meant for one thing and one thing only.

 

And our shredded mental health/substance abuse safety net is in dire need of mending, but let's face it. These people aren't exactly poster children in terms of generating sympathy and resources. Never have been and probably never will be.

 

It saddens me that we're number one.

What do you consider reasonable limits? What will these limits do to keep a criminal from breaking that law as well? How will this affect anyone but the law abiding citizen?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.