Scott 8 Beechwood 0

Morgan did have 4 goals but only 2 assists. Morgan, Trenkamp, Hegerty, and Wolf played much better together but they still have a lot of work to do. All 19 available Varsity players got to get in the game which is good. Beechwood worked hard and didn't give up. I can defiantly see that program improving over the next couple years.

Why is it belittling? When it is 8-0 what does it matter who scores on you? You give opportunities when they arise. Field players have a constant chance to score while a keeper does not. They might not have gotten another chance for him to have a goal without butting the game on the line.

Beechwood has been outscored 17-0 in two games in their first year of competition. 9-0 first game and my guess is the score was 7-0 probably in this game when the PK was awarded to Scott. If you don't see how demeaning it might be to have the opposing GK trot the length of the field to tack on another goal (I'm sure to much celebration) then there is not much else to say. I just view how you should handle these things differently I guess.

I can say I see it from both sides. How many opportunities will a senior GK have to score. In a close game no way will he ever be taking a PK. Then again it does play with the fine line of sportsmanship and humiliating your opponent. Most people wouldn't take that risk but Scott has always been one to push that line.

Well all I can say is hopefully you weren't one of the ones bashing Scott last year for treadway having like 6 goals in one game because then I'm not sure who you would want to take the PK.

I don't recall what I said last year but it probably wasn't good. For the record, it was 7 goals and they were scored against Calvary Christian in a 10-0 win for Scott. If I recall, the reasoning was "how often does someone get a chance to set a new record" or something like that. That makes it all OK then I guess.

I'm not bashing anyone but in games like last night (and against Calvary) a little sportsmanship doesn't hurt. Having the GK trot up the field to tack on the 8th goal of a blowout probably doesn't sit right with most people who are familiar w/ the norms of the game.

to each his own. I guess I just don't see the point questioning it when we want them to spread the goals out anyway. Why not let the senior score their possible only goal. No big deal either way. Life moves on.

I see your point about spreading the goals out and letting a senior score a goal... and yes, life will move on. If their intent was to try and let a senior score a goal, was there any chance to put him in the field and having him do so in the normal run of play?

I feel that it was probably more humiliating to see the other team bring their goalie up to take a shot against your team. I know that a lot of people might not agree with this, but I think it would show much more character to not have done this, just let a player who normally takes your PK's do it and move on. Yes, I get that several kids might want a shot at scoring their first goal but I feel that putting the feelings of others ahead of their own would have been the right path to take.

I am not talking about sympathy, as much as I am empathy.