Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NextUpRecruits 2018 Player Rankings

Featured Replies

I always thought you were very educated about NKY sports. Obviously you know very little about the class of 2018 to say you could see why he would not have made the list. He has just started growing. Now at 6-1. Dad is 6-6. Put size with his lights out shooting, great handles, and BB IQ, he will be extremely good. Again, he is the best NKY player 2018 class (in my opinion)with Brennan Hall close behind. Love both their games

 

Hoop dreams, you would probably recognize him to see him as he put up 33pts on your A team at the state tournament when the Shining Stars beat your team. Blonde haired wing play, two guard. You don't forget faces like that.

 

You obviously don't realize how many blonde haired 2 guards I see in an AAU season.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm TC price at #12 . Don't think he attended thier camp. I know next up was at crossroads Indy so they have at least seen him

  • Author
I always thought you were very educated about NKY sports. Obviously you know very little about the class of 2018 to say you could see why he would not have made the list. He has just started growing. Now at 6-1. Dad is 6-6. Put size with his lights out shooting, great handles, and BB IQ, he will be extremely good. Again, he is the best NKY player 2018 class (in my opinion)with Brennan Hall close behind. Love both their games.

 

You obviously are biased and have some ties to Cooper judging some of your recent posts. Nothing wrong with that.

 

I stated I can see why he wouldn't be on a list like this yet because the person who compiled the list simply hasn't seen the kid play yet. I guess you completely overlooked that I stated "he will be known eventually."

 

I guess you also overlooked the part of the previous post where I stated "Nice player and definitely up there with the others..." but it is my OPINION that he isn't the best of the group. And I have seen all of those kids (outside of CJ Fredrick) multiple times in high school ball and this past summer.

 

Honestly you can make an argument for 3-5 different players as tops in the c/o 2018 in NKY. I like Hall, Hollis, and Commodore a little more. You like Kunkel. Nothing wrong with that. Adam is going to have a great high school career and no doubt in my mind that Sully will put him in a position to succeed both on and off the court.

I agree with a lot of points you have. I guess the only thing I'm saying is I wouldn't put to much into looking at these rankings. There are several well deserving players not ranked. There are kids on the list that didn't even start on their high school freshman team ranked in the top 50. While others, in the same region, started varsity games, and/or played major minutes, not ranked. I get it people say "we didn't get to see them". But I would love to see people that do the rankings do a little more homework.

 

I do believe the class of 2018 in NKY is a loaded class. It's going to make for some very good basketball over the next few years.

 

Kunkel-Cooper

McNeil-Cooper

Runion-Cooper

Pittman-Cooper

Hall-NCC

Pangalo-NCC

Ruthsatz-CCH

Mayer-CCH

Lay-CCH

Fredrick-CCH

Walters-CCH

Nowak-CCH

Commodore-Holmes

Hollis-Newport

Kelch-SK

Clinkenbeard-Walton

Haines-Boone

Shidler-Boone

Robbins-Boone

 

 

I'm sure I'm missing a few. But these are the names that come to mind.

I like the ruthsatz kid game as well I think he will turn out to be a good one from what seen this summer

I think Trevon Faulkner should be ranked ahead of Fitzgerald. I watched them play head to head last year in the region tournament and he was clearly better.

GRC has some very talented players in the 2018 class. Look for some of them to be on the list in the near future.

 

They did win the 10th Region Freshmen Tournament in 2015.

Rankings will always be disputed, these sites need the publicity to stay in business. Again, I challenge their qualifications on how to rate kids, unless they played or coached at a high school level at the least.

Rankings will always be disputed, these sites need the publicity to stay in business. Again, I challenge their qualifications on how to rate kids, unless they played or coached at a high school level at the least.

 

I don't think you have to have talent in order to spot talent. Lots of knowledgeable folks out there that never played much. And a HS career is not much of a endorsement.

Rankings are not absolute and they are fluid, with a degree of bias from the person doing the ranking. With that understanding you simply do not allow it to have that much emotional impact upon you. But at least they will put a stake in the ground for discussion if nothing else and can be used as motivation for improvement. Still, I have seen way too many kids have an unhealthy perception of their ability based on a ranking here or there, so they lose sight of constantly striving to improve whatever talent they are blessed to have.

I think Trevon Faulkner should be ranked ahead of Fitzgerald. I watched them play head to head last year in the region tournament and he was clearly better.
What game was you watching. Fitz had 16pts and 6 rebs. 2-3 from 3 and 3-6 from 2 and 4-5 from line. Faulkner had 8 pts and 3 rebs. 2-12 from the field, 1-6 from 3 and 3-9 from the line.
What game was you watching. Fitz had 16pts and 6 rebs. 2-3 from 3 and 3-6 from 2 and 4-5 from line. Faulkner had 8 pts and 3 rebs. 2-12 from the field, 1-6 from 3 and 3-9 from the line.

 

Agreed he didn't have a good game that night. I would still take Trevon because he was 14 most of his freshmen basketball season. I would say Fitzgerald turned 16 before the basketball season started even though both were Freshmen. That tells me that Trevon probaly has a higher ceiling and will end up a better player by the time their senior season rolls around.

I see what your saying and agree to an extent. Just have to wait and see how that plays out. Both have great chance to be special. I was just responding to that night. It wasn't even close.

Both are great players. If I had to win a game, I would be comfortable with either on my team. Both are winners who will run through a wall for their teams.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.