Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands, Bowling Green or Pulaski County

Featured Replies

The Bluegrasspreps' Class 5A Preview has these teams one, two and three. If these teams are truly the top three teams in Class 5A, who wins?

 

Two of these teams (Highlands and Pulaski County) won State Championships last year, and Bowling Green had a run of three undefeated seasons end last year with an earlier then expected exit from the playoffs. Who would come out on top if the the playoffs were played today? Which two are going to be disappointed this year?

  • Replies 60
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should be an exciting year in 5A. I think BG and Pulaski have a shot at FTH this year. Then again, I've been predicting that FTH would slip once Dale left and I've not exactly been right.

IMO Highlands is always the favorite until someone in their own class can beat them.

 

Pulaski returns a ton from last year and will be a load to handle for anyone.

I think Highlands is 1 until they get beat. This is the year Pulaski has been building for and they are the defending State 5A Champs and will be a tough out. Don't know where that potential H vs PC playoff game would be played.

 

BG will be good and can contend with these teams. But Owensboro is also in this mix. They can beat BG. I don't think they can twice, but you only need to win the playoff game to advance. From their performance in last years State Championship game, I think they've earned the right to be in this conversation too.

IMO Highlands is always the favorite until someone in their own class can beat them.

 

Pulaski returns a ton from last year and will be a load to handle for anyone.

 

I am just going to throw something out there... doesn't necessarily reflect my personal beliefs... but since the topic is at hand....

 

 

Has Highlands came back to the pack?

 

Excluding the First Round game...because...well... it is usually a bloodbath in this playoff system regardless.

 

Highlands' average margin of victory in 2014's playoffs was 11.5 with all 4 games being very much in doubt until the 4th Quarter

 

In 2013 the Regional Finals and Semi-Finals were decided by 2 TD's and they lost in the Finals.

 

I think most will agree Bowling Green is an upgrade to any team Highlands had seen in 4A the past alignment and Pulaski County is playing at an all-time High Level and definitely appears to be an upgrade over the past two LexCath teams Highlands defeated in the Semi's

I think Highlands is 1 until they get beat. This is the year Pulaski has been building for and they are the defending State 5A Champs and will be a tough out. Don't know where that potential H vs PC playoff game would be played.

 

Pulaski vs Highlands would be played at Highlands in the State semi-final

Bowling Green will prevail. I'll go down with the ship every year. PURPLES!!!!!!!

I am just going to throw something out there... doesn't necessarily reflect my personal beliefs... but since the topic is at hand....

 

 

Has Highlands came back to the pack?

 

Excluding the First Round game...because...well... it is usually a bloodbath in this playoff system regardless.

 

Highlands' average margin of victory in 2014's playoffs was 11.5 with all 4 games being very much in doubt until the 4th Quarter

 

In 2013 the Regional Finals and Semi-Finals were decided by 2 TD's and they lost in the Finals.

 

I think most will agree Bowling Green is an upgrade to any team Highlands had seen in 4A the past alignment and Pulaski County is playing at an all-time High Level and definitely appears to be an upgrade over the past two LexCath teams Highlands defeated in the Semi's

 

I somewhat hope Highlands has come back to the pack, it will make the playoffs much more interesting.

Highlands is still scary, just not nearly impossible to beat. Still gotta play your best game to beat them.

Could we see none of these three win it this year?

Could we see none of these three win it this year?

 

Are you suggesting Southwestern may prevail in the end?

Are you suggesting Southwestern may prevail in the end?

Owensboro is an interesting team who may have been an extra week of Summer Conditioning away from beating Highlands last year

Owensboro is an interesting team who may have been an extra week of Summer Conditioning away from beating Highlands last year

More than 1 but I agree with the premise.

Owensboro is an interesting team who may have been an extra week of Summer Conditioning away from beating Highlands last year

 

I was starting to think you had some knowledgeable opinions. However not 1 second of summer conditioning was still carried over on a cold day in December. Thats not how the human body works.

Sorry but I'm worried about a team from Park Hills that has so much excitement going on right now on campus with new coach, new field, new uniforms, new logos and a basketball program that has elevated to a level that most others only dream of. I have a feeling the football team wants what the basketball team has. Pulaski will be playing one of those two in the semis.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.