Bluegrasspreps' Class 2A Pre-Season Preview

Ram

You want real talk? Ok. Lets do it. All team jabbing aside. Mayfield is, and should be the favorite. They have more pieces back on their championship team, than we do. I like our team. If last years role players can develop for us, then things could get interesting. I still think with what we have coming back on the defensive side of the ball can keep us in most games. The semis will more than likely go through Mayfield. That will also be a big challenge. I like DeSales as the #2 team in the class. I have seen CAL many times. They have a great coaching staff, I like them at #3 . I have always given NCC their props. However, when I saw them in BG last year, that was a total mismatch. Unless a lot of things have changed, they just don't match up with the top 3 coming out of the west. I like Somerset this year I think they can push NCC this year. I do expect NCC to be in BG. But it's not far fetched that they would be the underdog in the title game. Not a knock on them.

I saw the Colts first hand last Friday night. They looked solid. They are big, and athletic looking. I expect Johnson to have a monster year. Does he have enough weapons on the offensive side to make a run? We'll have to wait and see. We'll know more this Friday when we scrimmage Meade County.

Lastly, no one is forcing you to read this board. Don't get your feelings hurt from someone else's opinion. There is no crying in football.

Laughing...and I totally agree with this assessment.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy the jabs and smack talk, to me it makes my boring desk time at work go by faster. I miss the days when NCC was on top the previous year and their faithful would gladly talk smack. With Desales recent success NCC folks have been a little more reserved but some of the Colt faithful are coming around. I say trash talk away!!! :laugh:

I expect this to be New Cath's best team in the last few years. I put them just below Mayfield and DeSales with a definite chance at upsetting them in a title game

Say it ain't so Voice!!! If we can't beat them yearly I am going to go our school board and see what can be done to get some students booted so we can come back to 1A

You want real talk? Ok. Lets do it. All team jabbing aside. Mayfield is, and should be the favorite. They have more pieces back on their championship team, than we do. I like our team. If last years role players can develop for us, then things could get interesting. I still think with what we have coming back on the defensive side of the ball can keep us in most games. The semis will more than likely go through Mayfield. That will also be a big challenge. I like DeSales as the #2 team in the class. I have seen CAL many times. They have a great coaching staff, I like them at #3 . I have always given NCC their props. However, when I saw them in BG last year, that was a total mismatch. Unless a lot of things have changed, they just don't match up with the top 3 coming out of the west. I like Somerset this year I think they can push NCC this year. I do expect NCC to be in BG. But it's not far fetched that they would be the underdog in the title game. Not a knock on them.

I saw the Colts first hand last Friday night. They looked solid. They are big, and athletic looking. I expect Johnson to have a monster year. Does he have enough weapons on the offensive side to make a run? We'll have to wait and see. We'll know more this Friday when we scrimmage Meade County.

Lastly, no one is forcing you to read this board. Don't get your feelings hurt from someone else's opinion. There is no crying in football.

I say the same thing about softball. :lol2:

I'm new to the site but here's my two cents.....I don't know ANYTHING about Mayfield, but based on what I read, they are a deserving #1 . Despite losing some REALLY good players, the Colts will still be very strong defensively - big and fast. But offensively they have a lot to prove. Other than Johnson, they don't have much proven game experience, and they don't have anyone with breakaway speed. The O-Line is HUGE but also inexperienced. The defense exposed them somewhat in the Brown White scrimmage. The O-Line coach said they weren't calling out their checks and just need to communicate better, and that will come with time. Johnson has to stay healthy. On this team he is close to irreplaceable. The key to this team's success lies in the production from the backfield full of unproven but talented juniors.

I'm new to the site but here's my two cents.....I don't know ANYTHING about Mayfield, but based on what I read, they are a deserving #1 . Despite losing some REALLY good players, the Colts will still be very strong defensively - big and fast. But offensively they have a lot to prove. Other than Johnson, they don't have much proven game experience, and they don't have anyone with breakaway speed. The O-Line is HUGE but also inexperienced. The defense exposed them somewhat in the Brown White scrimmage. The O-Line coach said they weren't calling out their checks and just need to communicate better, and that will come with time. Johnson has to stay healthy. On this team he is close to irreplaceable. The key to this team's success lies in the production from the backfield full of unproven but talented juniors.

Welcome on board sir! Glad to have another Desales fan on here and we don't know anymore about Desales than you do of us just a lot of speculation and the like with a good bit of smack talk

Welcome aboard DSD!

Great first post. Looking forward to many more.

I expect this to be New Cath's best team in the last few years. I put them just below Mayfield and DeSales with a definite chance at upsetting them in a title game

Your faith in them may be tested since they very well could start off 0-4. Lots of people may write them off at that point but if they can come out of that non-district schedule healthy they will still be viable.

• 2 weeks later...