Scott in 2015

Last year the Scott Eagles made a very dominant run in the state tournament (including districts and regionals) before the eventual loss to Bowling Green in the finals. Scott will be returning 5 starters from last year's team (Morgan, Hegerty, Trenkamp, Wolf and Seay) along with other players that received significant time. The four returning field players play club at top teams in the region while Seay who could as well, is preoccupied by other sports I believe. Will these players carry the momentum from last season onto this season? Do you think this team can compete at a high level as it did last year?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the return of all four of the field players who if I am not mistaken all play MF a run to regionals is not out of the question. Morgan(I think he signed DI) and Hegerty in the middle with Wolf and Trenkamp out side. That the coach is going to have to drastically change how the team plays this year compared to last year. Last year was a lot of kick the ball up the field to Schneider and Tredway which given their talents was not a bad style. With this returning mid field they should be a possession team who out passes and controls the tempo of the game, playing the ball out wide to the mids who look to cross the ball in. Seay is going to be one of if not the best GK in NKY. I know they lost a CB last year that was good not sure of any other defenders that left, but I think a lot of Scott's season is going to be based on can they stop teams before they get to Seay and if someone other then Morgan can put the ball in the net. I feel there will be some early season growing pains with this team.

Seay will be good in goal and is probably N. Ky's top keeper this year. Scott's trouble will be putting the ball in the net. They are not a possession team and don't really have the skill level for that kind of game, but last year that worked for them as they'd simply kick it up to the two kids that could score (Treadway/Schneider) and let them work. Who do they kick the ball up the field to this year?

but last year that worked for them as they'd simply kick it up to the two kids that could score (Treadway/Schneider) and let them work. Who do they kick the ball up the field to this year?

You seem to not be a big fan of Morgan, who last year managed to score a fair amount of goals, (upwards 20) with both goal hungry players Treadway and Schnieder (who each had near 30) on the same field. Pretty impressive to me.

What I'm curious to see with Scott is how they change the line up with the players they have remaining. Do they move Trenkamp in as a forward, or Wolf in as a forward, and rely on Morgan to put them in the right situations? Or do they move Morgan up as a target and rely on Hegerty in the middle by himself?

I didn't see Scott play but was told by my inside source that they have no real possession nor any plan to play soccer. Everything was more or less a kick ball game. The keeper was decent but the back four were lost and they were easy to defend.

Didn't you post in another thread about how NCC had more possession in the Scott game and how NCC was the better team. Also that NCC needed to work on their finishing..?

I was just curious how you yourself could have came up with the assumption that NCC was the better team if you haven't even seen Scott play this year.

Without Treadway.. He was the difference maker. Top 130 player ranking in the country (per Top Drawer soccer) this team is doomed!

Now, now Nut......"doomed" ? A lot to replace, no doubt, but doomed?

Looking forward to hearing and talking about Scott's play on the field and not all the extra stuff........the one thing that can't be argued, is that Scott usually sets up their style of play to match their talent, instead of trying to force a style on players that it may not suit.

So doomed, after only one scrimmage and before they figure out that style is a little harsh......

But it did get the conversation started, and for that, as Tosh puts it.....we thank you.

Without Treadway.. this team is doomed!

Thanks OTB for having Scott's back. No I don't see how you can say that Scott is doomed after a 1-1 tie with NCC who I might add according to DBLYELLOW is the best thing since white bread.

Yellow card.. You want to chime in.. Seems you like to comment on Old Tme F..at.. I know you love Cooper.. But without the Great "Treadway" I will give you Cooper wins... Scott will underperform and this NKY crowd will realize they will Never find another Treadway in their schools future ..

I am sure the people at Scott will miss Treadway, Schneider and Evans; but each year there are players that graduate and teams move on.

I am not sure why you say that Scott will underperform this season, is this just based off of your expectations. It would not be fair to judge them based off of last season and I think it is way too early to draw any conclusions for 2015. I believe that they will make the best use of the players they have, and I feel that with Morgan's leadership they could make a run at another Regional title.

Yellow card.. You want to chime in.. Seems you like to comment on Old Tme F..at.. I know you love Cooper.. But without the Great "Treadway" I will give you Cooper wins... Scott will underperform and this NKY crowd will realize they will Never find another Treadway in their schools future ..

I'm not sure I understand this (in bold) correctly, are you saying there will Never be another player as good as Treadway? Or there will never be another player as good a Treadway at Scott? Either way this is laughable, taking nothing away from Treadway but there will ALWAYS be better players. Players get better technical training, better speed and agility training, sports science is constantly improving resulting in better equipment and training methods, coaches are improving all the time and all of these elements are being provided to players at younger ages. Futsal training and leagues are widely available now in our area, just 5-10 yrs ago futsal was unheard of on this area. Players have more access to watch professional games/players then ever before. The importance of proper diet is introduced to players at younger ages along with sport specific, supervised weight training.

Add these to the evolution of the human race getting bigger, stronger, faster, players in every sport are alway be getting better.