Scott in 2015

How can there be Academic issues, if school hasn't started?

Could have been an issue with meeting NCAA eligibility requirements. For DI it's a sliding scale with higher GPA allowing for a lower ACT sum score. For example, a 3.0 GPA requires an ACT Sum score of 66, while a 2.5 GPA requires an ACT sum score of 85. Last National Test date was in June and results take 3-8 weeks to roll in so it's possible to get good news in early August.

Bottom line is Luke played so he must be eligible. Good for him whatever the circumstances were!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can there be Academic issues, if school hasn't started?

Qualifying Academically, takes place before school starts but I believe that "Sir!" answered this a little better than I could have.

Devin talked to Luke personally and there is not and has not been any "academic issues". Yellowcard this isn't the first time you have been given inaccurate information....maybe you need to find some new sources. :)

As mentioned above, glad he was able to get in the match the other night. I'm also glad that the reported issue with his standing was not correct.

Scott hasn't played NCC for several seasons now. Scott is playing Cooper. Beechwood requested to play us as they did with most of the schools on their schedule. I believe our new AD needs to update that schedule. Who is the new athletic director at Scott?