Drunken man attacks policeman with flag pole....

All Tell

...and is shot. Video included IMVHO officer clearly defending himself yet I'm sure the activists meeting about this will have a different view. Great another opportunity for unemployed former drug dealer and child support dodger Christopher 2X to get on camera.

LINK

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Any good officer in these situations will always look back and ask as many others will ask "what else could I have done?"

Sure, this officer is now saying "I which there was something else that I could have done". BUT, he had no choice. You can do a lot of damage to someone with a pole.

Being drunk can be used as an excuse when you do stupid juvenile things, no matter what your age, but when you attack someone, don't use being drunk as an excuse.

I'll go ahead and say it, I pull the trigger 10 times out of 10 in that situation. Sad that the guy is dead, sad that this happened, but in that situation I am acting the exact same way.

I might reach for the Taser when he starts walking away, might. But I'm still going to take the Glock out of the holster when he picks up the flag pole.

The comments of people saying the cop should have used non lethal force have me wondering what sense of reality these people have. Someone is coming at your with an object capable of bludgeoning and reaching for pepper spray or a taser sounds like a good idea?

From experience, pepper mace only works on about 3 out of 4 people, some bad guys drink it up like it hot sauce. No way on the taser, the weapon the perpetrator was using would have almost certainly blocked the taser darts and the the chances of a taser deployment being successful would have been 10 to 15% at best. Baton would be a no go because the perpetrator has a superior weapon.

Firearm was not only the right choice, it was the only choice.