Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Drunken man attacks policeman with flag pole....

Featured Replies

...and is shot. Video included IMVHO officer clearly defending himself yet I'm sure the activists meeting about this will have a different view. Great another opportunity for unemployed former drug dealer and child support dodger Christopher 2X to get on camera.

 

LINK

  • Replies 33
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one can reasonably fault the officer.

Any good officer in these situations will always look back and ask as many others will ask "what else could I have done?"

 

Sure, this officer is now saying "I which there was something else that I could have done". BUT, he had no choice. You can do a lot of damage to someone with a pole.

 

Being drunk can be used as an excuse when you do stupid juvenile things, no matter what your age, but when you attack someone, don't use being drunk as an excuse.

Knowing that LMPD carries tasers, I could say "He could have tasered him." BUT, I think it's pretty obvious that the victim was trying to harm the officer, drunk or not. Officer did what he had to do.

I don't have any issue with how that officer handled that at all. He retreated as much as he could.

"He was drunk. [The officer] could have maced him. He could have used his stun gun. He didn't have to shoot that man. He wasn't no threat."

 

The man attacking a police officer with a pole wasn't a threat...

  • Author

I'm not at all surprised that the community agitators were critical of the officer.

Center mass on that fellow wasn't very wide and was moving. Even at close range, pretty accurate by the officer.

I'll go ahead and say it, I pull the trigger 10 times out of 10 in that situation. Sad that the guy is dead, sad that this happened, but in that situation I am acting the exact same way.

 

I might reach for the Taser when he starts walking away, might. But I'm still going to take the Glock out of the holster when he picks up the flag pole.

Of course at the 6 minute mark we get the iPad video from the locals....

No one can reasonably fault the officer.

 

Oh you don't give enough credit to the stupidity of many people.

The comments of people saying the cop should have used non lethal force have me wondering what sense of reality these people have. Someone is coming at your with an object capable of bludgeoning and reaching for pepper spray or a taser sounds like a good idea?

From experience, pepper mace only works on about 3 out of 4 people, some bad guys drink it up like it hot sauce. No way on the taser, the weapon the perpetrator was using would have almost certainly blocked the taser darts and the the chances of a taser deployment being successful would have been 10 to 15% at best. Baton would be a no go because the perpetrator has a superior weapon.

 

Firearm was not only the right choice, it was the only choice.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.