Beechwood 6 Owensboro Catholic 5 (All A Championship)

nWo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You absolutely hit it on the nose....I had to stop reading this thread and comment on this. I just got back from the best high school baseball I've seen in a long long time. I absolutely think Tommy deserves so much credit here. He came in and pitched 4 outstanding innings and kept this game tied up. They only gave out 4 trophy's to BW kids, but if they had one more to give out, no one deserved it more than him. Great job Tigers, and Great job Tommy. To think he is only a sophmore..he has the makings to be a very dominate lefty the next two years. Way to go tigers, we are all proud of you guys!!!:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

Awesome Job, Congrats to all the Players, and their fans. Those Sr.s had to get at least one State Title. Who knows, maybe they will have another shot in june.:thumb:

Awesome Job, Congrats to all the Players, and their fans. Those Sr.s had to get at least one State Title. Who knows, maybe they will have another shot in june.:thumb:

I will tell you what...what a great day today. The tigers left everything they could possible muster up on the field tonight. Both the games today were very close, and they just would not give up. Big props to the SR's Muth, Schneider, Baker, Newman, Moore, Sawyer, and without a doubt Chris Curley. He had a little trouble pitching today for some reason, he didn't have his breaking ball like he usually does, and he only got his fastball up to 85 a couple times. But what a clutch hitter. No doubt in my mind that he is the player of the year in NKY.

I can not say enough about these kids tonight..they just played their hearts out. :thumb: :banana: :banana:

I will tell you what...what a great day today. The tigers left everything they could possible muster up on the field tonight. Both the games today were very close, and they just would not give up. Big props to the SR's Muth, Schneider, Baker, Newman, Moore, Sawyer, and without a doubt Chris Curley. He had a little trouble pitching today for some reason, he didn't have his breaking ball like he usually does, and he only got his fastball up to 85 a couple times. But what a clutch hitter. No doubt in my mind that he is the player of the year in NKY.

I can not say enough about these kids tonight..they just played their hearts out. :thumb: :banana: :banana:

Man, sure wish we could of made it down, sounds like we missed a classic. It's to bad games like these "State Championships" in High School baseball, can't be seen on T.V. in Ky.

Man, sure wish we could of made it down, sounds like we missed a classic. It's to bad games like these "State Championships" in High School baseball, can't be seen on T.V. in Ky.

Any fan of baseball would have loved to watched the 3 games today. All were great games, and Applebees park was so electric tonight. It was great to see HS basball at its best. :thumb:

I know I'm VERY biased in making this statement, but Bob Meyerhoff is at the top of the list in baseball minds in this state. He's what is right about youth AAU type programs, and deserves every level of success he can gain in his future...

I know I'm VERY biased in making this statement, but Bob Meyerhoff is at the top of the list in baseball minds in this state. He's what is right about youth AAU type programs, and deserves every level of success he can gain in his future...

Agree 100%. He is one of the best..if not the best at manufacturing runs. BW had 3 squeeze bunts...(1 didn't work). Had Chas Moore steal home, and a player run to second in the middle of a kids wind-up, and caused him to balk a run in, and all those were big runs in the game, and without those, BW doesn't win both games today.

I know Owensboro is not exactly close to Ft Mitchell so maybe OC didn't know anything about Curley.

Too bad they don't read BGP.;)

He hit one out of Applebee's Park on Saturday, that would've been convincing enough for me.