Beechwood 6 Owensboro Catholic 5 (All A Championship)

nWo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like a runner reached on an error.

The next batter sacrifice bunt him to second.

The next batter received the intentional walk.

Then came the game winning hit.

So there were runners on first and second when the game winning hit came.

:thumb:

Once again Owensboro Catholic comes up just a bit short. They have played in seveal championship games recently. All A Baseball, Basketball, and Football multiple times, but they just can't get it done. The girls softball, however, is a different story.
Owensboro Catholic's baseball team won the All A last season, beating eventual state champion Lexington Christian in the semifinals and defending All A champion Heath in the finals. Many of the same players are back this year.

The Aces made the state tournament last year, losing to Lexington Christian in the seventh inning, and could easily make it back to Applebee's again this year.

I will admit ... I did think the basketball team underachieved this year, but I wouldn't say that about some of their other squads.

Owensboro Catholic's baseball team won the All A last season, beating eventual state champion Lexington Christian in the semifinals and defending All A champion Heath in the finals. Many of the same players are back this year.

The Aces made the state tournament last year, losing to Lexington Christian in the seventh inning, and could easily make it back to Applebee's again this year.

I will admit ... I did think the basketball team underachieved this year, but I wouldn't say that about some of their other squads.

I had forgotten that they won the All A last year, it somewhat irrelevant to me as I follow a large school. I wasn't really trying to comment on whether or not they underacheived, just pointing out that it seems like they are always a bridesmaid and never a bride. Their trophy case is full of runner up awards, but that is OK, my school is proudly putting a runner up trophy in their case this year as well.

Congrats to the Tigers.... looks like the Bankemper kid came in relief and shut them down... that is pretty impressive.

You absolutely hit it on the nose....I had to stop reading this thread and comment on this. I just got back from the best high school baseball I've seen in a long long time. I absolutely think Tommy deserves so much credit here. He came in and pitched 4 outstanding innings and kept this game tied up. They only gave out 4 trophy's to BW kids, but if they had one more to give out, no one deserved it more than him. Great job Tigers, and Great job Tommy. To think he is only a sophmore..he has the makings to be a very dominate lefty the next two years. Way to go tigers, we are all proud of you guys!!!:dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa :dancingpa

I'm guessing that Owensboro Catholic walked Sawyer to set up a double play.

Thats the only thing that could have been. I know you have to play your odds, and hope to get a double play ball....I am just glad I wasn't the one to have to make that decision.

I will have to say one thing about O'boro Catholic....they have a very nasty rotation. They have 3 or 4 GREAT pitchers that I saw this weekend. The thing that killed them were the errors, but this is a very good, and disciplined baseball team. Good luck to you all in the remainder of the year. :thumb: