Buddy Biggs to Mason County

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now who would think of an idea like that? Owning two residences for me is ridiculous, but to own one and rent (and live) in another means your spending a lot of money.

Not necessarily. Could be an investment property. They exist in a lot of places.

I really wish the school a kid leaves from had nothing to do with it.

You ask for transcripts/transfer forms. You fill them out send them to khsaa and the khsaa assigns a investigator to your transfer.

They do a little leg work and if everything meets the transfer rules you are free to go. If not you head back to your old school.

I know its not possible due to the cost of the investigators but at least I can dream. ;)

Of course you can file a lawsuit against the khsaa if you dont like the result. Lol

I really wish the school a kid leaves from had nothing to do with it.

You ask for transcripts/transfer forms. You fill them out send them to khsaa and the khsaa assigns a investigator to your transfer.

They do a little leg work and if everything meets the transfer rules you are free to go. If not you head back to your old school.

I know its not possible due to the cost of the investigators but at least I can dream. ;)

Of course you can file a lawsuit against the khsaa if you dont like the result. Lol

Ahh yes, that method would be a good one!!! lol

Cordia faired well from it :jump:

Now who would think of an idea like that? Owning two residences for me is ridiculous, but to own one and rent (and live) in another means your spending a lot of money.

You are correct,,,But it does happen..

Sounds as if Pig Williams will be playing at Bethal-Tate in Ohio next season. Mason County won't release him to play in Kentucky. All speculation but that what I keep hearing. :idunno:
It's not up to them, lol. If he has a verified change of residence, they can't stop him from going anywhere.

Pig was not kicked off the team. He was suspended from the last few days of summer ball. From what I understand, Pig was more than welcomed to come back in the fall in good graces. The transfer has been rumored every since Coach Biggs got the job. I really don't understand it cause Coach Biggs style will fit Pig game to a tee. Baseline to baseline and fast pace.:idunno::idunno::idunno:

Correct. The "practice" has been to contact the losing school to essentially "justify" the transfer. The transfer, if questioned, can trigger an investigation into the motivation of the request. That's not to say that the losing school can stop a transfer, but their comments, if applicable, can be factored into the eligibility decision.

I believe the intent is to deter unjustified transfers. You will not find this in the by-laws per se, other than what you have found in Section 4. Believe me, the losing school comments carry some weight.

If the school the kid is leaving contest his leaving they can essentially keep the kid from playing nearly indefinitely. The process is very slow anyway and any contention and/or appeals drags out the ruling to or past tournament time. End of Season!

Essentially true. It's not the signing of paperwork, it's the message that is delivered in the letter and yes, the losing school can pretty much indefinitely stop the process. You have little to no control as a player / parent and are at the mercy of the school you are leaving.

As for filing a lawsuit…what is the basis ? It's eligibility based and the bylaws, while they are very specific for some transfer issues, have lots of loopholes for other issues. I believe there are limited legal options. You can appeal the decision by KHSAA, but I can tell you that typically does little to move the process forward.

Legitimate moves are pretty straightforward and get little to no attention typically by the losing school or KHSAA. Keep you primary residence and rent an apartment…probably not going to go over very well.

Not "release" per se, hampering eligibility is a more accurate term

It's not up to them, lol. If he has a verified change of residence, they can't stop him from going anywhere.

Cant stop him from going to another school but could stop him playing ball. Birdbrain seems to know what he is talking about thats why I used many of his post. I myself know little about transferring (besides it happens way too often), thats why i asked on here so I could get an informative answer. Education wise he can go where ever but to play basketball is a whole other animal.

Cant stop him from going to another school but could stop him playing ball. Birdbrain seems to know what he is talking about thats why I used many of his post. I myself know little about transferring (besides it happens way too often), thats why i asked on here so I could get an informative answer. Education wise he can go where ever but to play basketball is a whole other animal.

Don't encourage him. His head is big enough already. :ohbrother:

Hopefully the players will wait until the season starts to give Biggs a fair chance. Buying into a new system can be hard for some kids but if they win games I'm sure attitudes will change. If they don't win games Biggs is in trouble since there is already negative attitudes toward him.

• 2 months later...
‏@PURE_PROSPECTS 47m47 minutes ago

Breaking News from Mason County:

Pig Williams out or the season with a TORN ACL. Per @MA_Deuce

Bad reporting right now. Too many people trying to be the first on news..

All that can be confirmed is a I strained MCL and meniscus. Follow up appointment next Wednesday to see if there is any damage to the ACL.