Buddy Biggs to Mason County

Kids don't want to be coached and take the criticism and learn from it now days. It's sad, most of the ones that are wanting to transfer wanted Brian Miller to be head coach. The whole situation is bad and someone needs to grab ahold of these kids before they make a big mistake.

I would say there's the door, don't let it hit you on the way out

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The players had a quick meeting with Coach Biggs last week, have heard a few complaints about their first impression but only time will tell. Know he sent Garrison a message this weekend saying he looked forward to meeting him at open gym this week, Garrison was at the meeting and spoke with him, guess he didn't know who he was

I don't personally know Coach Biggs. Know the conversations I overheard while playing at Ashland last season were very negative about his ability to interact with the players. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about the change, but will make my own judgements as the season begins.

I don't personally know Coach Biggs. Know the conversations I overheard while playing at Ashland last season were very negative about his ability to interact with the players. I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous about the change, but will make my own judgements as the season begins.

You need to respect your leader,not necessarily like them. That got lost at Ashland. Parents need to be respected not necessarily liked, you do not need to be your kids best friend. My generation of parents for some reason did not raise great parents. I say it again, if the coach is not abusive or lying to your kid you need to support them both and not trying to pacifie your kid.

You need to respect your leader,not necessarily like them. That got lost at Ashland. Parents need to be respected not necessarily liked, you do not need to be your kids best friend. My generation of parents for some reason did not raise great parents. I say it again, if the coach is not abusive or lying to your kid you need to support them both and not trying to pacifie your kid.

I am in no way trying to pacify my child, nor did I say that I disliked the coach. I stated that I had not formed a opinion on Masons decision for head coach, regardless of the things I've heard. I personally hope he puts some fire in them.

I've spoke with several players from the team, and not one of them have mentioned transferring. Did they tell you personally that they wanted Brian as the head coach?As I've said before, I can't make a judgement about the head coach decision because I do not know the new coach. I hope he has great success and gets great results from the players.

Kids don't want to be coached and take the criticism and learn from it now days. It's sad, most of the ones that are wanting to transfer wanted Brian Miller to be head coach. The whole situation is bad and someone needs to grab ahold of these kids before they make a big mistake.

Whose the player?

No player in particular. Just different people that follow Mason County basketball closer than myself share the same concerns as you expressed in your previous post.

Someone else spoke of transfers i have not heard that yet. But tis the transfer season during the summer AAU leagues is when transfer rumors start heat up. May be nothing come of it but if there is it will be to no ones surprise.

Appreciate your response, I had actually ment to ask the gentleman that responded to your post saying he heard this from a player himself.

The only concern or worry that I have is that the same issues that arouse in Ashland, whatever they were, arise here. No one wants to see kids that live and love the game walk away from it. As I also stated, I'm not saying that I have a issue with Masons decision to hire him or that he is a bad fit, just that as a parent of a child who plays, I hope Mason athletes do not have the same issues that Ashlands athletes experienced.

No player in particular. Just different people that follow Mason County basketball closer than myself share the same concerns as you expressed in your previous post.

Someone else spoke of transfers i have not heard that yet. But tis the transfer season during the summer AAU leagues is when transfer rumors start heat up. May be nothing come of it but if there is it will be to no ones surprise.

I asked earlier who the player was you were speaking of, but heard this from some other players tonight myself. Hope it's just hear say

Heard the same thing from the player myself. Sad people have this view of Coach Biggs when they haven't even met him yet. Smh.

I asked earlier who the player was you were speaking of, but heard this from some other players tonight myself. Hope it's just hear say

Yes, sorry not not replying sooner. Didn't have a chance to get to my computer the past few days.

Hopefully the player changes his mind, he just told me personally he was considering transferring. Coach Biggs has his hands full as far as attitudes and that type of stuff go.

Heres a fun question. When was the last time that the 39th district or any district for that matter had new coaches at 3 outta the 4 schools in their district in the same year? As will be the case in the 2015-2016 season in the 39th.

13/14 the 40th had 3 new coaches at Montgomery, Bourbon, and Paris.

14/15 the 40th had 3 new coaches at 2 schools, Montgomery (1) and Bourbon (2)!