Buddy Biggs to Mason County

Do they have anything coming talent wise? I know they lost Henry off this years team.

Lost 4 of 5 starters, but Henry is the biggest loss.

Their JV team last year was really good, only losing a couple of games, I believe. I don't see Mason County threatening to cut the 10th Region nets next year, but I think they will be better than most of us expect.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a lot of mixed reactions in Maysville. I have high hopes, he's a good guy and will be committed to the program. I know there isn't a TON coming up right now, but he'll get the most out of them, for sure.

I've heard a lot of mixed reactions in Maysville. I have high hopes, he's a good guy and will be committed to the program. I know there isn't a TON coming up right now, but he'll get the most out of them, for sure.

They have to buy in to how Biggs' practices(running,running and then some more running), new style of play, learning the playbooks, making the grades in class, etc. As have said in other threads, all schools have kids walking the halls that are All Stars at Lewisburg, YMCA,Germantown,etc. You have to commit to the above things for any Coach

Edited by All In

I was in Maysville today and I got the same feeling. Kinda divided on likes and dislikes. Only time will tell. I think Biggs will do great at Mason County, but some of the Royal faithful do not agree with my sentiments.

Heres a fun question. When was the last time that the 39th district or any district for that matter had new coaches at 3 outta the 4 schools in their district in the same year? As will be the case in the 2015-2016 season in the 39th.

Never in the 39th District have three coaches changed the same year.

I was in Maysville today and I got the same feeling. Kinda divided on likes and dislikes. Only time will tell. I think Biggs will do great at Mason County, but some of the Royal faithful do not agree with my sentiments.

Rumors already started on a player maybe not playing for Biggs because he doesn't like him.

They have to buy in to how Biggs' practices(running,running and then some more running), new style of play, learning the playbooks, making the grades in class, etc. As have said in other threads, all schools have kids walking the halls that are All Stars at Lewisburg, YMCA,Germantown,etc. You have to commit to the above things for any Coach

Running just to run or in drills? Just wondering. Always like to compare coaching styles of successful coaches.

Rumors already started on a player maybe not playing for Biggs because he doesn't like him.

I'm just going to throw this out there.... But how can a player at Mason Co already not like Biggs? He hasn't coached them yet. They don't know him. If this is truly the case these kids are listening to the wrong people.

^^^ Are you serious??? That player will be real successful in life if his reasoning for not playing is because he doesn't like the coach. The kid couldn't possibly know him, the coach has been in town one day. If kids have this mentality now, they will never work for a boss when they have to work and not live off mommy and daddy!

I had not heard anything that extreme, just more of an uneasy feeling about thie hire, but with AAU getting into full swing transfer rumors shall begin i assume.

I had not heard anything that extreme, just more of an uneasy feeling about thie hire, but with AAU getting into full swing transfer rumors shall begin i assume.

Heard the same thing from the player myself. Sad people have this view of Coach Biggs when they haven't even met him yet. Smh.

Kids don't want to be coached and take the criticism and learn from it now days. It's sad, most of the ones that are wanting to transfer wanted Brian Miller to be head coach. The whole situation is bad and someone needs to grab ahold of these kids before they make a big mistake.

Edited by Gomer Pyle
Spelling