Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

I've avoided this and the other threads on this subject because I've already read most of what is being said on both sides a few months ago in the Ferguson threads...if these have been discussed I apologize that I've not read every post on this or the other threads.

 

A couple of questions that I have, Why hasn't the Mayor and Police Chief done something about the police issues that are going on in Baltimore that seem to be fueling the riots?

 

Aren't the police officers involved in this situation suspended and under investigation, if so then why are they rioting?

You already know the answer to both questions. The rioters are rioting just to riot, they aren't doing it to stand up for a cause because there is no cause to stand up for in this instance. A guy with a criminal history as long as my arm ran from police and in the arrest broke his neck...still under investigation but if you ask me, unfortunate accidents happen all the time. No reason to burn a city to the ground.

 

Mr Gray was killed, and it is very heartbreaking to think this could happen, but it did and will happen again in the future. Discipline the officers if they are found guilty of mistreating the suspect. I'm all for that. I'm not all for the behavior and the entitlement that goes through a riotest crowd to feel they can not only damage private property but also hurt others. There are some very sickening videos of innocent people being beaten for no other reason than them being white. I said it before and I will say it again, I don't carry or even own a weapon but if I lived in Baltimore I would own one and would be carrying it and if so much as a brick comes flying my way as I'm out and about I won't hesitate to put the thug on a lead diet.

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

Martial Law.

 

Just what Obama needs and wants.

 

All that has to happen is FEMA declare an emergency and Obama remains President and Hillary loses again.

Martial Law.

 

Just what Obama needs and wants.

 

All that has to happen is FEMA declare an emergency and Obama remains President and Hillary loses again.

 

:rolleyes:

Martial Law.

 

Just what Obama needs and wants.

 

All that has to happen is FEMA declare an emergency and Obama remains President and Hillary loses again.

 

You know I actually over heard a conversation yesterday in a waiting room where two guys said they thought these riots were being at least tacitly encouraged for this very reason.

 

I was told by someone on the ground in St Louis, that in Ferguson the Gov had 2500 Nat Guard the first day ready to go to the streets to ensure there were no riots and he was told to stand down by Washington "Because it would make the community look bad, like they couldn't control themselves"...which they couldn't.

 

You know Ref, I heard once that in every conspiracy theory there is a grain of truth.

Finally read through this thread. Here is something I find ironic. People complain about Obama and big government intruding on their lives and when these local issue problems happen they want Obama and big government to do something about it or lay the blame for it there. There are local riots that occur on an almost annual basis. It happened under Bush. It happened under Clinton. It happened under Reagan. Let's move that topic off the table because Obama has virtually nothing to do with this. All that discussion does is keep us off the real problems and possible solutions.

  • Author
:rolleyes:

 

You do realize these are real actual plans that can be implemented by the government. Do you have some inside knowledge that proves otherwise?

  • Author
Finally read through this thread. Here is something I find ironic. People complain about Obama and big government intruding on their lives and when these local issue problems happen they want Obama and big government to do something about it or lay the blame for it there. There are local riots that occur on an almost annual basis. It happened under Bush. It happened under Clinton. It happened under Reagan. Let's move that topic off the table because Obama has virtually nothing to do with this. All that discussion does is keep us off the real problems and possible solutions.

 

Thats true, I once remember my papaw telling me he thought Reagan was going to do the same thing so he could remain Pres for life. But back then I think most would have supported that.

Finally read through this thread. Here is something I find ironic. People complain about Obama and big government intruding on their lives and when these local issue problems happen they want Obama and big government to do something about it or lay the blame for it there. There are local riots that occur on an almost annual basis. It happened under Bush. It happened under Clinton. It happened under Reagan. Let's move that topic off the table because Obama has virtually nothing to do with this. All that discussion does is keep us off the real problems and possible solutions.
Ironic that these incidents usually happen in Democrat strongholds.
My bad. He said when a black dude kills a white man or black cop kills a white cop. When a black dude kills a white man he is caught and convicted. He won't get away with it.

 

So that justifies (or at least gives some justification) for the acts of violence we are witnessing?

Didn't they used to call those lynch mobs?

BBC article comparing Fergueson and Baltimore, and it specifically talks about the crowd control and some of the issues mentioned here:

 

Freddie Gray: How Baltimore differs from Ferguson - BBC News

 

 

The second and third are articles from The Atlantic, a publication based in nearby DC. The second talks about non-violence as compliance and deals with some of the undercurrents that have led to the riots:

 

As Riots Follow Freddie Gray's Death in Baltimore, Calls for Calm Ring Hollow - The Atlantic

 

 

The third details some of the civilian complaints against Baltimore police over the years and the amount of money that the city's had to pay out to settle those (some well-founded, others probably not so much):

 

Freddie Gray Is Only the Latest Apparent Victim of Baltimore Police Violence - The Atlantic

 

 

Take these with a grain of salt, as I know nothing about crowd control and apparently source Twitter and other non-professionals.

 

While not condoning rioting, I think that these are a bit higher brow and more rooted in a narrative of long term cause-and-effect as opposed to what I'm perceiving as the popular mantra here, which seems to be "busting heads the Western District way" (to borrow a phrase from Herc).

 

That isn't to say that I'm opposed to "busting heads", only that I think the ideal solution is a possibly a bit less archaic than some are presenting it. Busting too many heads on each side is most likely what's gotten Baltimore to this point, so I'm not really sure that going at that even harder is going to provide a sustainable solution.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.