Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

The comment in bold is inflammatory and insulting. Just because the guy is a cop doesn't make him low rent.

 

I'm sure if you were being car jacked you would love to see this low rent goof show up.

 

That's inflammatory and insulting? Wow.

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's a reason I don't get outraged by the actions of those that were dealt a hand I couldn't possibly understand... :thumb:

There is also a reason I get outraged by people who weren't dealt a bad hand but act upon the few that may have gotten dealt a bad hand just so they can play the victim and race card. In other words, every black person has not been dumped on, yet when you watch this garbage you'd think every single one of them have been held down by society.

 

Sorry, but I know plenty of black people who have had it a lot better than a lot of white people I know yet they always seem to jump on the woe is me train anytime something like this makes the news and act as if they have never been privileged and have been persecuted their entire lives just because that is the thing to do and the cause of the week to get behind.

The comment in bold is inflammatory and insulting. Just because the guy is a cop doesn't make him low rent.

 

I'm sure if you were being car jacked you would love to see this low rent goof show up.

 

I've had my car broken into in San Antonio. Off-duty police officer "guarding" the parking lot, an hour and a half of sitting in the parking lot waiting alone before I just called back and told them to forget filing a report... so yea, #SanAntonio ! You learn to be self-sufficient.

 

According to my own terms, I myself am also low-rent.

Sorry for not being sorry that I don't feel someone who arrests a Harvard professor for breaking into their own house as someone that I'd love to see showing up at my place.

 

By his own admission, dude's been responding to calls since he performed CPR on Len Bias, so he's obviously not moving up the ranks quickly.

 

The point was that the officer went to the guy's home, accused him of breaking into it, and then got mad when he showed him ID and requested his badge number, so mad that he took him to jail.

 

Point being, he didn't listen to two Harvard professors with identification and law degrees who obviously knew more about the situation than him, and probably stepped out of line in a way that he heard about from his superiors back at the Station once the dust settled.

 

Overall, he sounds like a guy who doesn't have the most sense, or if he did, he didn't use it. Sorry for calling a spade a spade, but generally, I think of people who do things like that as the ones who don't really see their own place in the big picture.

 

Glad dude got a trip to the White House for some to complain about though. I'm sure he can tell his grandkids about that.

Don't want this to get too off topic, but it's not really as if he should have said, "that officer sure made a great decision by arresting this lauded Harvard professor in his own home" either. I think that'd have been much more of a head scratcher.

 

I'm really struggling to understand some of the warped logic in all this hate for Gates. I'd imagine that if most of us were in that situation, there'd be some confusion at best if someone tries to arrest you for breaking into your own home. Once you and a colleague are able to show ID or able to provide other easily obtainable proof that indicates that you clearly belong in that neighborhood and home (if nothing else, the address is probably on his license, or he could go radio it in and quickly find out what was going on).

 

I think it's a bit much to heap tons of praise on an officer for overlooking the blatantly obvious and getting so butt-hurt that he takes a guy to jail over his own mistake.

 

I mean, how dare that Yale law graduate think he knows more than a cop running down disturbance calls? How dare an educated black man feel insulted for being accused of breaking into his own home, right?

 

Honestly, I thought Obama could have been much harder on the guy and that he's probably lucky to have been a guest at the White House instead of Gates getting people even more riled up and really throwing his weight around.

Do you even remember what happened in that case? The Professor was the person that escalated the situation by refusing to comply with the officers orders.

Gates had forced his way through the front door because it was jammed, his lawyer said. Colleagues call the arrest last Thursday afternoon a clear case of racial profiling.

"Cambridge police say they responded to the well-maintained two-story home after a woman reported seeing "two black males with backpacks on the porch," with one "wedging his shoulder into the door as if he was trying to force entry."

By the time police arrived, Gates was already inside. Police say he refused to come outside to speak with an officer, who told him he was investigating a report of a break-in.

"Why, because I'm a black man in America?" Gates said, according to a police report written by Sgt. James Crowley. The Cambridge police refused to comment on the arrest Monday.

Gates – the director of Harvard's W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research – initially refused to show the officer his identification, but then gave him a Harvard University ID card, according to police.

"Gates continued to yell at me, accusing me of racial bias and continued to tell me that I had not heard the last of him," the officer wrote."

 

that is the story in short and the actions of a beligerant Gates should be the one who you should be upset at, not the officer doing his job.

Do you even remember what happened in that case? The Professor was the person that escalated the situation by refusing to comply with the officers orders.

 

"Cambridge police say they responded to the well-maintained two-story home after a woman reported seeing "two black males with backpacks on the porch," with one "wedging his shoulder into the door as if he was trying to force entry."

By the time police arrived, Gates was already inside. Police say he refused to come outside to speak with an officer, who told him he was investigating a report of a break-in.

"Why, because I'm a black man in America?" Gates said, according to a police report written by Sgt. James Crowley. The Cambridge police refused to comment on the arrest Monday.

Gates – the director of Harvard's W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research – initially refused to show the officer his identification, but then gave him a Harvard University ID card, according to police.

"Gates continued to yell at me, accusing me of racial bias and continued to tell me that I had not heard the last of him," the officer wrote."

 

that is the story in short and the actions of a beligerant Gates should be the one who you should be upset at, not the officer doing his job.

 

Thank you counselor. I'm sure we can take the officer entirely at his word. All those nutty Harvard professors are always going and acting a fool, especially two of them and all.

 

I'm sure it probably was confusing to the guy being in a nice neighborhood for the first time and all. It probably really shocked him that a black dude owned the house, so I guess we'll excuse him looking over their ID's or using any common sense at all.

There is also a reason I get outraged by people who weren't dealt a bad hand but act upon the few that may have gotten dealt a bad hand just so they can play the victim and race card. In other words, every black person has not been dumped on, yet when you watch this garbage you'd think every single one of them have been held down by society.

 

Sorry, but I know plenty of black people who have had it a lot better than a lot of white people I know yet they always seem to jump on the woe is me train anytime something like this makes the news and act as if they have never been privileged and have been persecuted their entire lives just because that is the thing to do and the cause of the week to get behind.

 

:lol2: :lol2:

 

I'm glad I don't care about race relations anymore.

Thank you counselor. I'm sure we can take the officer entirely at his word. All those nutty Harvard professors are always going and acting a fool, especially two of them and all.

 

I'm sure it probably was confusing to the guy being in a nice neighborhood for the first time and all. It probably really shocked him that a black dude owned the house, so I guess we'll excuse him looking over their ID's or using any common sense at all.

 

Ahhh, come on now, Joker. If he's juss been a good boy he would of juss obeyed the fine upstanding officer of the law and juss came out wit his hands up like he's suppose to.

Because you don't wear their colors, have the ink, stack their signs, all that in St. Louis or Baltimore unless the real members think you haven't earned them?

 

Baltimore:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50347[/ATTACH]

 

Fergueson:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50348[/ATTACH]

Promoting these gangs as being peace loving is an oxymoron in the first place.

 

You condemn police officers yet you praise gang members whose entire life is to encourage lawlessness.

 

That alone tells me all I need to know about your beliefs. It's ok to be thugs and hurt and kill people as long as you wear colors.

Promoting these gangs as being peace loving is an oxymoron in the first place.

 

You condemn police officers yet you praise gang members whose entire life is to encourage lawlessness.

 

That alone tells me all I need to know about your beliefs. It's ok to be thugs and hurt and kill people as long as you wear colors.

 

Uh....sure. Okay. :lol2:

Continuing on the above thought, Obama is really in a no-win situation.

 

When it's an officer who is accused, everyone here wants to say, "let's gather all the facts first". That's okay and that's fine, it's what we should do (though speculating has it's place too). But when it comes to any high profile incident involving race, Obama is expected to be the ambassador of our country's deep, on-going history of racial tensions, and judging from some of the comments, he's apparently supposed to immediately put on his Superman cape and do something to immediately cease decades-old social unrest.

 

It's honestly not an enviable situation. When he gives the "we're investigating", some people on the are going to be all over him for not condemning someone soon enough for their liking. For them, if he gives a "let's gather all the facts", it's quickly going to turn into talks of a cover-up, conspiracy, or investigation that reflects whatever he wants it to.

 

If he moves too quickly comes out and publicly chastises someone when it turns out to be false, then lots of people, whichever side they may be on are going to want his head. Even worse, you can't make both happy, but you can make both mad.

 

Either way, the people who aren't for him are going to bash him regardless, and he'll likely never win them over.

 

Gather facts? Conspiracy! Cover-up! Scandal!

 

Speak immediately and quell unrest? Spoke too soon! Should have got all the facts!

 

This isn't even mentioning what a dangerous political proposition it is for him when he makes a misstep in the eyes of any of his most loyal supporters. A majority of the people who are going to see fault will see it regardless, so his base is what he really has to cling to.

 

One of the closest Presidents to his situation in more modern times is probably John F. Kennedy, the first Catholic President. However, I think it's fair to say that Kennedy didn't face that kind of pressure in terms of an and/or of either appeasing constituents who shared his religion and/or those who didn't agree with him and would use anything as a means of voicing their displeasure and making their point.

 

In lots of ways, I think it's sad that people only see the color of his skin and ask that he fix things that have been prevalent for so long. Number one, it isn't just his job to fix them. Number two, if there were a good answer, then someone before him (pick any of your favorite Presidents) must have failed to improve those same things on at least some levels, otherwise we wouldn't be having this discussion now.

 

To assume that he should have the best answer and all these fixes, and that they should immediately take hold and turn everything around is somewhat akin to saying that Dirk Nowitzki should be able to repair a broken down Porsche that was towed to your garage in the 80's because he's a German guy and it's a German car. It's a little more complex than that. Building the car, replacing the parts, etc. those are things that occurred long before his watch. Maybe he'll do what he can and would probably do better than the average American because he's familiar with the language and the metric system, but unless Dirk is secretly a gear head, he's probably not going to be able to get it back on the road. He has to do it himself too because heaven forbid he spend some of Mark Cuban's money on it, as that's opening another can of worms in and of itself.

That is the Presidents Job!!!! He has to be reasonable and think before he speaks especially when addressing the entire country when he makes remarks like "If I had a son he'd look just like..."

 

Dirk isn't a car mechanic.

 

Your analogy is weak at best.

Uh....sure. Okay. :lol2:

Show me the video that I'm sure you have of the bloods and crips attending church that doesn't involve a funeral and handing out food to the poor

Edited by Hellbird

I don't have words for this.......think about this article with some common sense.

I thought the same thing. How ironic it is to hear gang member say they are only there to make sure no one gets hurt and no one hurts their community, yet that is exactly what these same gang members do on a daily basis. It's as if it's alright for them to do whatever they want but if anyone else hurts anyone then it's wrong. :lol2:

 

The hypocriscy of these low lifes kills me lol

 

 

Here is a list of all the murders in Baltimore in 2014, over 200 and that is just in the city itself.

Many of these were double homicides but only are getting counted as 1.

I think it would be a safe bet that many were not only drug related but gang related also.

http://chamspage.blogspot.com/2014/01/2014-baltimore-city-homicides-list-and.html

When was the last time someone of any color killed a cop and got away with it ?

 

Might have happened in Ferguson had Michael "Thug" Brown been quicker on his feet.

The ineptness of the Mayor and her actions should make her a front runner for the Democratic Presidential nominee for 2016. She's shown all the attributes a candidate needs. She could give Hilary a run for her money in the primary.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.