Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

When was the last time you were part of a raid on the wrong house while doing nothing more than watching an NBA game after work? Pulled over in a white neighborhood because you were with a black friend who was driving 10 under the speed limit while looking at house numbers to visit a friend that bought a new house? I could list quite a few more if you'd like and I saw in every instance how I was treated differently than the innocent blacks I happened to be with at the time. Funny that of all the other moments in my life I've never had any dealings with the police that didn't involve speeding or failing to come to a complete stop. You think I'd at least once be stopped while being white. When it does, I'll let you know.

 

And you don't disprove my theory one bit...

 

Also I was stopped in my youth for my license plate not being "illuminated" multiple times in suburbs because I drove a beater . Funny it always was illuminated when I checked later. On more than one occasion I was asked what a kid from Covington doing in that neighborhood. Happened with both white and black friends. You know what I did , I was respectful and I drove off. I wasn't happy but nothing I could do .

 

Obviously I know some individuals have biases against black people. Both cops and non cops . There are issues that need solved. Nights like tonight make the problems harder to solve. Do you think police presence is going to decrease in these neighborhoods after this ? How does this help?

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When this is the culture of the community, be prepared for what happens when the volcano erupts. It isn't that hard to figure out...

 

Freddie Gray Is Only the Latest Apparent Victim of Baltimore Police Violence - The Atlantic

 

My problem with articles like this is they never separate justified from the unjustified. Not all black men or white men who are arrested are innocent and not all violent approach by police is unjustified.

Is that a problem?

 

Nope. I'm explaining why it isn't newsworthy. When the news is reporting that a white cop kills an unarmed black teen and in some eyes is seen as getting away with it, well then you have a newsworthy story that creates social unrest.

Ironic that white people (see middle America) get outraged by the destruction of places they avoid at all costs for the reasons that cause the unrest...

 

Uh oh. More perspective.

Also I was stopped in my youth for my license plate not being "illuminated" multiple times in suburbs because I drove a beater . Funny it always was illuminated when I checked later. On more than one occasion I was asked what a kid from Covington doing in that neighborhood. Happened with both white and black friends. You know what I did , I was respectful and I drove off. I wasn't happy but nothing I could do .

 

Obviously I know some individuals have biases against black people. Both cops and non cops . There are issues that need solved. Nights like tonight make the problems harder to solve. Do you think police presence is going to decrease in these neighborhoods after this ? How does this help?

 

I think police presence should increase and actually WORK WITH the community to make the quality of life better. How do you think a kid reacts to his 80 year old grandma being abused by police? Odds are he and everyone he knows builds an instant fear and hatred for those asked to enforce the law because of that incident. If they are going to rough up her, your view is going to be one of fear and zero trust.

 

There aren't entire communities that disrespect authority for zero reason. The end result is the reasonable folks protest, and others resort to a similar form of violence in retaliation. That's just the cold, hard reality. Does that make them criminals? Yes. Does it change the core of the issue? Not one bit...

When was the last time a white citizen killed a black man and wasn't convicted.

 

Are there bad cops, sure. But to act like cops never have a right to kill is again being naive. Most criminal activity takes place in inner cities which have large minority population which requires larger police presence. What we have seen over the last 12 months in those neighborhoods they have no respect for authority and that lack of respectEads to deaths just as much if not more than bad police officers.

 

Yeah, it's called a cycle. The cycle has been going on for decades.

There is no excuse for these criminal acts, and there is no reason that justifies such acts. And with the police not taking control from the beginning, it allows those who are rioting to get a sense that they are "winning" or they have won, and they will get even more bold as the hours and days continue.

 

When you have rival gangs, that have had meetings the past few days, to discuss targeting police, you have a huge dangerous issue.

 

I've seen stories and pictures of rival gangs promoting peaceful protests and trying to get looters to stop.

Haha you are so naive you don't know me. I have experienced the driving in the car multiple times and I never denied it didn't exist with some cops. While you were growing up in the suburbs I saw a lot of things in my group of friends.

 

It still doesn't justify anything going on tonight.

 

I know you find yourself an expert in all issues and are sitting from your ivory tower right now as some liberal white guys like to do on race issues that it's all other white people and not them .

 

I don't claim to know exactly what it's like to be black that would make me naive. But I have a firm enough grasp with the people I grew up with and the people associate with now and the neighborhoods I live and volunteer in.

 

There are proper ways to approach things but nothing tonight comes close to that. To then act like all white people don't care is such a gross overstatement.

 

Maybe you don't care but be careful speaking for millions of other people.

 

Once again perspective and context are lost. I don't see GT justifying anything. He's simply saying why it is happening.

I've seen stories and pictures of rival gangs promoting peaceful protests and trying to get looters to stop.

 

And you know they are gang members because? I am not saying it's not true. But I am mentioning rival gangs meeting, an event in it self, to discuss targeting the police. Again, a very dangerous issue.

Once again perspective and context are lost. I don't see GT justifying anything. He's simply saying why it is happening.

 

No he is taking the extreme other side of the people putting it all on the people in the neighborhoods. There are bad conditions but every individual is responsible for their own actions. It's happening because criminals are taking advantage of a tragic situation.

 

I agree a better relation should be built between cops and citizens in these neighborhoods. But if a police force that is a majority black can't do that and can't be all on the police.

And you know they are gang members because? I am not saying it's not true. But I am mentioning rival gangs meeting, an event in it self, to discuss targeting the police. Again, a very dangerous issue.

 

Because in the pictures they are throwing up gang signs and they have on their gang colors. I'm on my phone. When I get some free time at work I'll find them on my computer and post them. I can't post pictures from my phone.

No he is taking the extreme other side of the people putting it all on the people in the neighborhoods. There are bad conditions but every individual is responsible for their own actions. It's happening because criminals are taking advantage of a tragic situation.

 

I agree a better relation should be built between cops and citizens in these neighborhoods. But if a police force that is a majority black can't do that and can't be all on the police.

 

The people in those neighborhoods don't choose to be there. They have nowhere else to go. It's the cycle.

Just looking at how

he's handled several different situations starting with his beer summit. He is an idiot and has done nothing but given more ammo to the thugs in this society an excuse to do what is going on in Baltimore.

 

Show me anytime in the last 30

years it's been this bad.

 

Try showing me the other side then. Try showing where I am wrong.

 

Beer summit, the POTUS calls the CT cop stupid without even learning the facts of the case simply because he was white and the professor who was a jerk eas

black.

 

 

No offense, but I really don't want to live in a country where a Harvard professor is arrested for breaking into his own home. I'll gladly take our scientific progress, especially in the medical and tech fields instead of having brain drain and investments elsewhere. Look what oppression has gotten some of the former Eastern Bloc countries.

 

Your Henry Gates analogy is completely lost on me. In a town with a reputation like Boston, I can understand why someone who was named one of Time's most influential Americans in 1997, a Yale law graduate with more awards and distinctions than we can count, would be upset by some low-rent goof who doesn't realize what's going on. It's not really occurring to people that maybe the officer was a bit stupid (or at least fair to say he probably isn't as sharp as Gates).

 

Gates is now more synonymous with an arrest where the charges were quickly dropped than all his accomplishments, which is quite unfortunate. By all means though, please bash away.

 

Those who'd read the whole story, you'd know that one of Gates' colleagues was there and had also showed his ID, as well as his Harvard work ID to no avail. You'd also know that the officer had refused a request to provide his badge number, which is a no-no.

 

But, by all means, how dare Gates and his colleague ever even think of insulting the considerable achievements of some 50-year-old who is still responding to disturbance calls and can't see the forest for the trees when he gets there.

 

Fact of life: most people who've accomplished a lot (and I'm not one of them) are pretentious. I've met doctors and surgeons who are downright arrogant, but I'd still go to them if my life depended on it because they are good at what they do. It's something that just goes with the territory when it comes to people who've accomplished things.

 

This isn't an "I hate cops" thing, it's more of a "don't mess with the wrong people and get caught in the blowback". If Gates were as petty as the officer who had to take someone to jail rather than admit he was wrong, then he'd have had the dude's job long ago, as I imagine that he has the means to do so if he really wanted to exert his influence.

 

One guy is a distinguished Harvard professor. One guy is the guy who tells the papers he isn't racist because he performed CPR on Len Bias. Maybe Gates was insulted and felt the guy was stupid because.... dum, dum, dum-- he was stupid.

Edited by JokersWild24

And you know they are gang members because? I am not saying it's not true. But I am mentioning rival gangs meeting, an event in it self, to discuss targeting the police. Again, a very dangerous issue.

 

Because you don't wear their colors, have the ink, stack their signs, all that in St. Louis or Baltimore unless the real members think you haven't earned them?

 

Baltimore:

baltimore-bloods-crips-and-noi.jpg

 

Fergueson:

8NKYeXc.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.