Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

  • Author

I must admit the mayor of Baltimore is pretty hot. But Im sure she is a piece of work and.

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do you know I was not offended?

 

Plain and simple, you don't.

 

Carry on.......

 

Because you never mince your words and when the words "low rent goof" we're used you got all in your feelings and made it known you were offended. I'm sure when the POTUS of your choosing is in office you'll be offended by the words I choose to describe him.

 

Like you said though....carry on.....

Nothing would happen? How many riots when OJ got off again? OH that's right, the white man conspired to set him up for robbery 13 years later.

 

Yeah, the white man did conspire to set up OJ and they made sure they won this time. He's in jail, right now, for strong arm robbery trying to retrieve the stuff that was wrongfully taken from him. :lol2: :lol2:

 

OJ-1

The Man-1

 

Tie ballgame.

Yeah, the white man did conspire to set up OJ and they made sure they won this time. He's in jail, right now, for strong arm robbery trying to retrieve the stuff that was wrongfully taken from him. :lol2: :lol2:

 

OJ-1

The Man-1

 

Tie ballgame.

Just your comments about "The White Man" and "The Man" are very offensive and very racist. Just thought I'd let you know. Try and keep it a bit civil if possible. Thanks

  • Author
Yeah, the white man did conspire to set up OJ and they made sure they won this time. He's in jail, right now, for strong arm robbery trying to retrieve the stuff that was wrongfully taken from him. :lol2: :lol2:

 

OJ-1

The Man-1

 

Tie ballgame.

 

The WHITE MAN.

4 WHITE MEN lawyers got OJ free

1 White MAN testified for him (Kato)

1 black man lawyer for OJ.

 

Looks like the WHITE MAN did more than help.

  • Author
Just your comments about "The White Man" and "The Man" are very offensive and very racist. Just thought I'd let you know. Try and keep it a bit civil if possible. Thanks

 

Its ok, thats allowed. No such thing as a racist or offensive word for whites.

Just your comments about "The White Man" and "The Man" are very offensive and very racist. Just thought I'd let you know. Try and keep it a bit civil if possible. Thanks

 

So what. Every post you make is offensive. Just thought I'd let you know. If I do or say something to break the rules then I'll apologize from the heart as it is not my intent to break the rules. You getting in your feelings about something I said isn't a concern of mine. If you don't believe me then check your PMs. I told you how I feel in the latest one I just sent you.

The WHITE MAN.

4 WHITE MEN lawyers got OJ free

1 White MAN testified for him (Kato)

1 black man lawyer for OJ.

 

Looks like the WHITE MAN did more than help.

 

Yeah, once again you missed the whole point of the post. Not surprising at all though.

Because you never mince your words and when the words "low rent goof" we're used you got all in your feelings and made it known you were offended. I'm sure when the POTUS of your choosing is in office you'll be offended by the words I choose to describe him.

 

Like you said though....carry on.....

 

I never used any of those terms to describe the POTUS. I think it is disrespectful.

 

What I think you are missing is that Joker seemed to be calling the cop low rent simply because he is a cop and didn't graduate from an Ivy League school. I felt it implied someone was better than someone else due to education. I don't feel anyone is better than anyone else. Period.

 

Hope that clears it up for you.

I never used any of those terms to describe the POTUS. I think it is disrespectful.

 

What I think you are missing is that Joker seemed to be calling the cop low rent simply because he is a cop and didn't graduate from an Ivy League school. I felt it implied someone was better than someone else due to education. I don't feel anyone is better than anyone else. Period.

 

Hope that clears it up for you.

 

Everyone sees and hears what they want to see and hear hear. As I stated earlier, I never said that you said anything about the POTUS. What I did say is that you've never made it a point to say that it bothers or offends you when people disrespect the POTUS but let Joker call a cop a "low rent goof" and you get in your feelings. That's what I was saying. Everyone chooses who they want to respect and how they want to respect them, so yeah, it's cleared up.

  • Author
Yeah, once again you missed the whole point of the post. Not surprising at all though.

 

Ah I'm just bored and messing with you. OJ was arrested for robbery an kidnapping I think, pretty much good reasons to go to jail. Whether or not I it was still his stuf was debate able I think. Either way he should have said screw it, it material merchandise and he would still be out

Ok, we're beating a dead horse now. Officer didn't have a warrant. Gates probably didn't know someone called him in.

 

I think we're also reading conflicting reports and that there's probably a serious misunderstanding as to the lawfulness of the officer's actions, so I'll leave it at saying that I'll trust the guy with the Yale law degree over the officer, but that's just me.

 

In major cities, there are plenty of exclusive locales that form their own municipalities just so they don't have to deal with some guy fresh out of academy on a power trip. In San Antonio there are a handful of places that just serve maybe a thousand or so people in very upscale neighborhoods. Many of these places are gated with only one way in and anyone who doesn't live there has to leave an ID at the gates to enter and exit. I've only been inside the gates a time or two to go to an event at one of our Dean's houses, but trust me when I say that the perimeter of the area is very secure and is closely monitored (cameras, etc.) by very good officers who are there because they do their job well. It's actually a pretty solid deterrent to crime.

 

Sure, these places probably aren't immune to crime, but it's not exactly a high crime area either. These are rich people who pay to keep everyone out, not to let the threats into their homes.

 

I think it's fair to say that the officer could have used much better judgement and that he probably didn't understand what he was and wasn't legally allowed to do as well as Gates. It's cool if you disagree and to each his own, but I don't see why the guy arrested in his own home is the one who should come out of this whole thing looking bad. It's like the guy who takes a job at an uppity country club and complains about the bratty kids there being rude. He doesn't care to take their money, but he doesn't like their rudeness either. All good, I'm sure they probably found someone happy to replace him who'd put up with it. That's kind of a luxury of living in one of those places.

 

Agree to disagree if you want, and I'm not saying Gates handled things perfectly, but I'm beating a dead horse trying to explain myself on this one at this point.

 

1) To the bold: Officer doesn't need a warrant to investigate a home break in report. And everything I see says that the officer told Gates he was investigating a report of a home break in. The Yale educated man should know that a report means someone called.

 

2) Do a Google Maps search for Gates' house (17 Ware St, Cambridge, MA). Once you do that I hope you stop referring to where he lives as a gated community. Because it's not.

 

3) I just read quite a few articles on the arrest and not a single one mentions a fellow Harvard professor being at the house with him. Some do mention that the cab driver was there but no professor. Another professor didn't get involved until he was bailing Gates out of jail for disorderly conduct.

 

4) Gates wasn't arrested for being in his own house, he was arrested for following the officer out front and yelling with him. For you I've quoted below what disorderly conduct is in Massachusetts and bolded the part that I believe is why Gates was arrested.

 

Under Massachusetts’s laws, it is a crime to be a “disorderly person.” People are disorderly if they engage in fighting, threats, or violent or excessively noisy behavior, or create dangerous or offensive conditions without good reason, and in order to inconvenience, annoy, or alarm others. (Commonwealth v. Sinai, 714 N.E.2d 830, 47 Mass. App. Ct. 544 (1999).)

 

So please continue on your rant about the officer when you have been using incorrect arguments the entire time.

1) To the bold: Officer doesn't need a warrant to investigate a home break in report. And everything I see says that the officer told Gates he was investigating a report of a home break in. The Yale educated man should know that a report means someone called.

 

2) Do a Google Maps search for Gates' house (17 Ware St, Cambridge, MA). Once you do that I hope you stop referring to where he lives as a gated community. Because it's not.

 

3) I just read quite a few articles on the arrest and not a single one mentions a fellow Harvard professor being at the house with him. Some do mention that the cab driver was there but no professor. Another professor didn't get involved until he was bailing Gates out of jail for disorderly conduct.

 

4) Gates wasn't arrested for being in his own house, he was arrested for following the officer out front and yelling with him. For you I've quoted below what disorderly conduct is in Massachusetts and bolded the part that I believe is why Gates was arrested.

 

 

 

So please continue on your rant about the officer when you have been using incorrect arguments the entire time.

 

93ae4baa31e98be52e9f2b325a3e19b3753e7ffdfc5517bcb7264659435119e0.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]50381[/ATTACH]

 

That's him!!!! Thanks for posting that picture...I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but I saw a movie last week that he was in and I couldn't think of where I saw him before, now I remember it was that movie! Thanks....ok now back to topic

 

btw the movie I just saw him in was Horrible Bosses 2, just one of those times where you see someone and you can't think of what other movie you saw him in.

 

That's him!!!! Thanks for posting that picture...I know this has nothing to do with the thread, but I saw a movie last week that he was in and I couldn't think of where I saw him before, now I remember it was that movie! Thanks....ok now back to topic

 

btw the movie I just saw him in was Horrible Bosses 2, just one of those times where you see someone and you can't think of what other movie you saw him in.

 

He was also in Django

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.