Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Baltimore Mayor says space was provided for those who wished to destroy stuff.

Featured Replies

He was also in Django

Yes he was. Thanks.

  • Replies 371
  • Views 27.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ah I'm just bored and messing with you. OJ was arrested for robbery an kidnapping I think, pretty much good reasons to go to jail. Whether or not I it was still his stuf was debate able I think. Either way he should have said screw it, it material merchandise and he would still be out

 

No argument there. I just think there was a lot more to the story but it was OJ so only one side mattered this time. No way he was getting off the second time.

No argument there. I just think there was a lot more to the story but it was OJ so only one side mattered this time. No way he was getting off the second time.

 

There is no doubt OJ got the max because he beat the system on murder. I don't think law enforcement in general was out for him or he would of been in jail more after he got off. I do think he got a judge that wanted justice , right or wrong.

 

He got arrested for a legit reason, do I think he deserved what he got for that crime , no. Do I feel sorry for him , nope. He killed two people.

There is no doubt OJ got the max because he beat the system on murder. I don't think law enforcement in general was out for him or he would of been in jail more after he got off. I do think he got a judge that wanted justice , right or wrong.

 

He got arrested for a legit reason, do I think he deserved what he got for that crime , no. Do I feel sorry for him , nope. He killed two people.

 

Agree 100%.

Agree 100%.

 

I always go back to the Charles Barkley quote along of the lines " I won't go to jail because I'm rich ". The only color the system knows is green , OJ just got caught doing something dumb and got a judge with an ax to grind.

I always go back to the Charles Barkley quote along of the lines " I won't go to jail because I'm rich ". The only color the system knows is green , OJ just got caught doing something dumb and got a judge with an ax to grind.

 

Truth. And OJ was broke at that time so he couldn't hire the Dream Team again.

Again...he wasn't arrested in his own home.

 

I think the professor with a Yale law degree, since you like mentioning it every time you talk about him, could have used better judgment.

 

He was warned twice, but still came outside yelling at the officer and apparently talking about his mama.

 

I'm sure it was completely unprovoked too. Makes perfect sense that he'd just come out yelling like a crazy person for no reason at all. It takes two to tango.

1) To the bold: Officer doesn't need a warrant to investigate a home break in report. And everything I see says that the officer told Gates he was investigating a report of a home break in. The Yale educated man should know that a report means someone called.

 

2) Do a Google Maps search for Gates' house (17 Ware St, Cambridge, MA). Once you do that I hope you stop referring to where he lives as a gated community. Because it's not.

 

3) I just read quite a few articles on the arrest and not a single one mentions a fellow Harvard professor being at the house with him. Some do mention that the cab driver was there but no professor. Another professor didn't get involved until he was bailing Gates out of jail for disorderly conduct.

 

4) Gates wasn't arrested for being in his own house, he was arrested for following the officer out front and yelling with him. For you I've quoted below what disorderly conduct is in Massachusetts and bolded the part that I believe is why Gates was arrested.

 

 

 

So please continue on your rant about the officer when you have been using incorrect arguments the entire time.

 

 

You left out the DA. Come on, you're always mentioning the DA too. Put him in there.

 

Thanks for the lecture on the law. I think I know how it works.

 

I can make some points but I'm through wasting time on this.

 

 

 

Also, since I got so much heat over the autistic kid's thread, I'll go ahead and use the, "well, the Judge didn't see it that way, he dropped the charges".

Everyone sees and hears what they want to see and hear hear. As I stated earlier, I never said that you said anything about the POTUS. What I did say is that you've never made it a point to say that it bothers or offends you when people disrespect the POTUS but let Joker call a cop a "low rent goof" and you get in your feelings. That's what I was saying. Everyone chooses who they want to respect and how they want to respect them, so yeah, it's cleared up.

 

I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to respect them.

Now you be clear.

 

You left out the DA. Come on, you're always mentioning the DA too. Put him in there.

 

Thanks for the lecture on the law. I think I know how it works.

 

I can make some points but I'm through wasting time on this.

 

Also, since I got so much heat over the autistic kid's thread, I'll go ahead and use the, "well, the Judge didn't see it that way, he dropped the charges".

 

Take your ball and go home.

I won't sit here and pretend I know what it's like to be black. I DO know what it's like to be poor. And be frustrated because I can't get a break because I'm poor, because I must only have been poor because I wasn't working hard enough. But I am white. I know without a doubt I eventually worked my way out of poverty because of that. Had I been a single , black mom with 2 kids and only a high school diploma, my life would be very different than what it is because the breaks I finally did get, I got because (in part) I fit the "look" that they were looking for.

 

I have a very dear friend who is black. She and her family have had things happen that, had they been white, would not have been all that much of a big deal. But because they were black, the stereotypes had to be overcome before they could get the help they needed.

 

Unless this country is completely honest about not only the economic disparity, but the disproportionate racial makeup of that disparity, we'll get nowhere.

 

Obama didnt make this problem. The riots and protests of recent times have been brewing and bubbling and now are coming to a head. And as long we as the white middle class marginalize entire groups of people, and make assumptions based on looks or circumstance, thwe incidents will continue.

You left out the DA. Come on, you're always mentioning the DA too. Put him in there.

 

Thanks for the lecture on the law. I think I know how it works.

 

I can make some points but I'm through wasting time on this.

 

 

 

Also, since I got so much heat over the autistic kid's thread, I'll go ahead and use the, "well, the Judge didn't see it that way, he dropped the charges".

 

So basically you can't refute the points I made so you are throwing in the towel under the premise of "not wasting anymore time." Got it.

 

And the points you've tried to argue here don't scream law knowledge. Sorry if that offends you but just calling a spade a spade.

I respect everyone until they give me a reason not to respect them.

Now you be clear.

 

I have been clear. Respect is earned.

So, not only did the mayor say this, now police officials are saying rant she have a stand down order.

 

WOW!

Take your ball and go home.

 

Trust me, it's not that. It's been a busy day and I don't want to get all worked up. Woosah for me for the next day or two. It's getting the thread off topic anyway and I've typed plenty on how I feel about it. I'm not getting into a probable cause, warrant, all that what if game tonight. Happy thoughts here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.